PDA

View Full Version : Player Help An item for a bard

Trandir
2019-12-11, 06:38 AM
I will play a college of lore bard that will begin her adventure at 4th level and since the rest of the party already looted two dungeons I can get any one magic item of common or uncommon rarity.

I am considering a cloak of protection or an instrument of the bard. Any advice?

Aett_Thorn
2019-12-11, 06:43 AM
Cloak of Billowing. Every Bard should be able to billow on command.

Slayn82
2019-12-11, 07:36 AM
As far as Instrument of Bards go, you can't go wrong with the Fochuclan Bandore as your instrument.

If you aren't a backrow Bard, going instead Valor or Swords, Gauntlets of Ogre Power are handy to have. You can make a typical dex +2 build for nice AC, but attack with a solid +4 strength bonus, and useful carrying capacity. Far better than starting with mithral armor (but get one at earliest opportunity).

diplomancer
2019-12-11, 07:36 AM
Instrument of the Bard. It's VERY good, not only by being a swiss knife, but by enhancing your Hypnotic Patterns (and other spells that impose the charmed condition, but Hypnotic Pattern is the big one). I like the Fochlucan Bandore best. It's even better if your DM considers that, shillelagh being a cantrip, you can cast it at-will.

For fun points, get short music clips for the different spells you can cast with the instrument.

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-12-11, 09:28 AM
The Fouchalan Bandalor or however it is spelled ROCKS!

My level 10 Lore Bard still has an Oath Bow because sometimes I just want to make a melee attack. It or a similar weapon can be practicle especially if the party has long adventuring days. Plus my woof elf just SHOULD have a good bow even if its fun if not totally optimized.

I'm enjoying my Periphat of Wound Closure and this extra +1 from a Luckstone also.