PDA

View Full Version : Divine Crusade to the Tower of Damnation: IC

JbeJ275
2019-12-12, 09:39 AM
The five of you have over the past three days received some short message, requiring you to attend a mission briefing at the crusader headquarters of Bastion five, before you were on various duties of investigation, patrol or training, or perhaps even enjoying some rare and hard earned leisure time. Now you sit in a small but lavishly appointed room, found only after travelling a long distance through tight winding corridors from the closely guarded and warded teleportation circle, awaiting a meeting with Lady Tanilth, hero of the under tunnels, slayer of the treacherous dead, first among the five thousand. Your briefings were characteristically light on details, but the gist is that some ambitious lord in the hells is seeking to impress his superiors by doing some grave injury to the bastion. Now you have been called here to stop it.

After a brief wait, a female half-elf enters, she wears rune-inscribed wizard robes, spectacles with runes carved subtly into the frames and an unchanging expression of confident serenity. She will see you now. Please head though. She says, gesturing to a crystal door that just manifested out a solid stone wall. I would advise you to succeed in this task with the greatest speed available to you. It is most vital for our ongoing existence.

Fliggl
2019-12-12, 02:43 PM
With great speed, huh? Without another word or other reaction, he stood up and walked jogged through the door.

Aegis013
2019-12-12, 05:16 PM
Mio springs to her feet, giving the half elf a curtsy. "Your hospitality is appreciated." Mio's smile twitches near imperceptibly, as she gracefully strides into the portal. Those with the keenest of perceptions might note Mio's jealousy of the half-elf's magnificent facial accessory as she ponders how it complements the elven lineage visible in the magic-user's eyes.

samduke
2019-12-12, 07:24 PM
jolted from thinking of what she knows about Lady Tanilth's history, Evylin quietly stands and walks through the door

A.A.King
2019-12-13, 05:19 AM
"Nothing new there then" Rurdruk grumbled as he heard the line it is most vital. Whenever he was asked to do anything it was always of utmost importance to the survival of everything. He missed the simpler times of his youth. However, without hesitation he moved through the door like the good soldier that he is.

Dimers
2019-12-13, 02:00 PM
Belthessil stops pacing when the woman enters. He gives her a searching look as she speaks.

I would advise you to succeed in this task with the greatest speed available to you. It is most vital for our ongoing existence.

The raptoran smiles. "Naturally. If it weren't, Lady Tanilth would have granted the task to a group less blessed." He may be premature in his judgement, but that degree of confidence may yet see him through.

JbeJ275
2019-12-13, 02:42 PM
As you go through the crystal door, you enter into a large office, with expensive fittings but little furniture, just a few shelves, a cabinet with many doors showing runes inscribed upon them a large solid desk and a chair with Lady Tanilth standing in front of it. As soon as the last of you enters she begins.

"Good, you have arrived unimpeded. As you no doubt know the mission which you are to be sent on will be to make your way to a fortified tower, held by a demonic army and their many lackies, allies and vassals. Verified intelligence suggest ongoing efforts to create, summon or allow the passage of creatures powerful enough to pose a serious security problem to the grand bastion, and I have no doubt an attempt to destroy these forces would include immense loss of life. Due to their ongoing efforts, we will have to teleport you just under thirty miles north-north-east of the target and expect you to make your way there, infiltrate the tower, put an end to the threat present, destroy as much of the armies and resources as feasible and disable the device currently interfering with teleportation to allow for a proper extraction to occur. If necessary, you may take down the device first at which point we'll be able to send reinforcements but reinforcements ranked for this sort of engagement are few in number. Those loyal to the demonic commander are clearly disciplined, either removing themselves from our reach, evading even our enchantments or ranting and thinking exclusively about their commander's greatness before they expired. However, there have been sightings of deliberate fiend patrols, as well as strategically located settlements of lycanthropes, giants, humanoids with fiendish magic, evil dragons and various corruptions of purified elemental life sighted. We expect you to have four days, before their efforts destabilise the planar boundaries and loss of life becomes inevitable. You will leave two hours before the coming dawn, giving you four hours to prepare, you may requisition a number of supplies from the armoury, including potions to undue common adversial effects and soul spikes to delay fiends in returning to the hells. You may also spend this time, preparing in personally preferred manners, or contacting others to inform them."

With this done, she looks at each of you in turn and with a slightly worse mood says. "It has been recommended that I inform you that this mission is in fact dangerous, and that you have the right to refuse. I trust you are wiser than that. Do any of you have questions?"

samduke
2019-12-13, 06:47 PM
My Lady if I may considering the type of foe that we may face, and the time involved would we get our mounts for those of us who have them teleported as well? As far as potions and the like are concerned. I would think several potions of Anti-Toxins, Lesser Restorartions, Cure Diseases, Cure Curse, Healing and Silversheen would be useful.

as far as requisitions from the armoury: <will wait see what others request and what is granted overall>
Bags of Holding

Edited per OOC

Aegis013
2019-12-14, 05:19 PM
"If there are strategically placed settlements of other dangerous creatures, can you provide the most recent map of the area?" Mio inquires thoughtfully "Since our mission isn't to eradicate all enemies, I think it would be best to avoid unnecessary risks."

A.A.King
2019-12-15, 03:57 AM
"If I was someone who used his right to refuse ridiculously risky missions like this then I wouldn't hace been here in the first place" Rurduk said. "There is no way I'd led somebody else take my place for something like this."

JbeJ275
2019-12-15, 05:29 AM
Indeed we can. While our most recent complete maps are imperfect due to time constraints and the lycanthropes seems to engage in semi-nomadic behaviour you should be able to avoid the worst of it.

She opens and reaches into one of the cabinet doors, retrieving a large map. She places it down flat on the table revealing a representation of an open mind icy landscape, disturbed only by hills, streams, one major river and rough outlines of settlements, done only in general terms. As she continues, she points out areas around the map.

You’ll be teleported in here, in an underground hideaway our scouts used before they were forced to evacuate. This point nearby is where our scouts were last sighted, so expect ongoing patrols. Attempts have been made to triangulate the liars of the dragons, and the current locations of the lycanthrope bands, but neither were complete before they were found. Down here, where you cross the river which scouts have called the lodbar, you can either try and sneak across one of the bridges, which sit on frost giant settlements or ford or fly it somewhere else. However scouts have seen ongoing construction, and a number of fiend allied humanoids moving into the area.

Past that there is less and less to go on. The tower itself can be seen a long way off and it sits in the middle of a walled town. Flight or infiltration might work here or might not. We lack any schematics for the city or tower itself. And of course elementals appear nearly at random, emerging straight from the earth or sky.

As for mounts or other companions, those of course will be teleported with you, just bring them to the circle. And you, Rurduk your devotion to this cause will do you well, as the records of all of you fine crusaders. Your actions over the next few days will save armies and cities, a worthy cause if ever there was one.

Fliggl
2019-12-15, 07:23 AM
You say, we're teleported about 30 miles away in icy land? We should drink that endure elements potion first.
Also, for travelling: I can turn us into a fast flying bird. Should arrive the tower in about 3 hours. But better to make a break before, to ask the land what danger awaits us. I'm also able to make a defensive barrier, should block most of enemies.

Anyone else able to give us a buff, like invisibility or so?
Korron tries his best to make a plan. He's not the wisest, but he knows that preparation is important.

Animal shapes: Legendary Eagle (15HD, small, 100ft fly speed)
Commune with Nature 14 miles
Antilife shell for over two hours (140min) in a 10ft radius around me

A.A.King
2019-12-16, 03:45 AM
"Clangeddin doesn't do subterfuge, he simply grants us the straightforward power to cut down those who oppose us dwarves and all that is right and good in this world. I do however like the plan of flying their like hawks. Given the time restraints we have for this mission, the sooner we get to that tower the better"

samduke
2019-12-16, 08:47 AM
"Clangeddin doesn't do subterfuge, he simply grants us the straightforward power to cut down those who oppose us dwarves and all that is right and good in this world. I do however like the plan of flying their like hawks. Given the time restraints we have for this mission, the sooner we get to that tower the better"

I would agree the lack of time available, necessitates haste. Once there we can determine the best approach in and give use a short while to plan our next move.

Aegis013
2019-12-16, 07:16 PM
Mio thinks for a moment before inquiring "We know there are dragons in the area. What other airborne threats are we aware of? I'm concerned if we run into trouble as hawks we may be ill equipped to defend ourselves with just talons and beaks. If possible, we should have a contingency plan in case there is a dragon or other threat too great for us to deal with blocking our passage through the sky."

Her smile still rests on her face, even with a hint of concern in her voice.

"I have a spell for letting us escape danger, however, it would set us back on this mission. The best I can do with it is to offer to lead any threat away myself and then have one of you use the magical focus to summon me back to the group, but there's no guarantee that I will be able to attract whatever creature may threaten our flight."

She claps her hands together and rubs them briefly "Certainly one of you has something better to offer as a back up?"

Dimers
2019-12-17, 02:52 AM
Belthessil shakes his head at Mio's question. "I can pretty quickly wreck fortifications we come across, but Akadi's hardly more shy about confrontation than Clangeddin is. You've seen my magic before -- the gathering clouds can be seen miles away on a clear day, though I don't know whether our fiend targets will understand it as supernatural. Korron, I'll support your flight spell with my own -- extra protection in case of dispelling. Aside from that I'm mostly just handy in a fight ..." He grins with eager ferocity. "And I suspect we'll have plenty of fighting to do."

samduke
2019-12-17, 05:13 AM
speaking up to Belthessil comment... dispelling bah... Well that is why you have me along with my ability to stop out right most magics with disjunctioning or spell countering and other such nonsense from enemy magic users.

Fliggl
2019-12-17, 09:08 AM
Turning us into an elk or whatever animals are common in this area is possible, too.
But then we are missing the greater speed. To be much more able to defend ourselves, I can turn us into a wooly mammoth [frostburn, p. 119] or so, but I guess this will attract more attention, then a group of eagles, not hawks, flying around... Are dragons known for to be able to see true, like the spell?

samduke
2019-12-17, 09:16 AM
Turning us into an elk or whatever animals are common in this area is possible, too.
But then we are missing the greater speed. To be much more able to defend ourselves, I can turn us into a wooly mammoth [frostburn, p. 119] or so, but I guess this will attract more attention, then a group of eagles, not hawks, flying around... Are dragons known for to be able to see true, like the spell?

notation on dragons , some depending on age could have the ability for true seeing, a quick check of the MM entry dragons and none have true seeing spell, or apear to have true seeing like abilities. so we might be safe.

A.A.King
2019-12-17, 02:34 PM
I don't think we should worry too much about the possibility of dragons. The ones that are smart enough to see through our eagle disguises are going to a be a pain no matter what if we do end up running into them, but that is not necessarily guaranteed. If we can't fly past it unnoticed we won't be able to run past it unnoticed, in which case I prefer to have the option to fly over all those minor evils we don't have the time to stop today. This is your god and your power, but my suggestion is to just pick that which gets us to the gate quickest and safest, regardless of whether or not it is an actual part of the local fauna.

Dimers
2019-12-17, 06:29 PM
Belthessil nods his agreement. "Fiends may be smart, but if they've spent time studying this world's wildlife, that's time they haven't spent building up their defenses. It's a solid idea."

Aegis013
2019-12-18, 07:40 PM
Mio reaches into her haversack and tenderly draws out a beautiful ornately carved, gem studded, figurine of... herself. How vain. Mio waves her hand over it and recites a magical incantation, her holy symbol shimmering with power.

Upon completion she holds the figurine out as she looks at the group of Crusaders and says "One of you will need to carry this. If we encounter danger while we are transmogrified as birds, I will do my utmost to lead the danger away from the group. Once you are clear of the danger you'll have to... have to..." she seems a little choked up at the thought "...break... this stunning masterpiece and speak the command word. Do so and I will instantly be returned to the group."

She looks at the others. "Who will carry it during our flight?"

samduke
2019-12-18, 10:54 PM
Evylin looking at the figurine of Mio ... if you wish it done I will do it

Fliggl
2019-12-19, 03:02 PM
Ok, then turning into eagles is the plan. With escape plan. Before we start flying, I want to ask mother nature, what's there, what's unusual and so [OT: Commune with nature]. Something specific you want to know?
I have to go outside of the cave, to cast this spell with most benefits, but me's bad at scouting - no keen eye, you know?!

But as far as this small open question, I'm ready to go.

Aegis013
2019-12-19, 07:57 PM
Mio hands the figurine to Evilyn with a smile. Then says to Korron "Your eye is likely as good as mine. I don't know what else to ask, so I'll put faith in your expertise."

Dimers
2019-12-20, 01:10 AM
Before we start flying, I want to ask mother nature, what's there, what's unusual and so. Something specific you want to know?

Having worked with Korron before, Belthessil is passingly familiar with the sort of 'questions' that could be answered. He pipes up immediately, "Weird monsters, definitely. Beyond that ... well, we have the map to show rivers and settlements and ice ..." The raptoran taps a few places on the map, then resumes his pacing. "You could get a feel for what animals live there naturally that we might emulate. Lady Tanilth, do we have intelligence on exactly what materials the fiends are using to build their ... mm, their gate? If we have some unusual mineral to ask Nature about, it could help us target a more crushing strike."

JbeJ275
2019-12-20, 04:26 PM
They make use of some rarer materials for equipment, or structures they need to channel certain energies. Most of the structure though will be heavy stone such as granite, wrought cold iron or other mundane materials. They mostly just have their slaves quarry for stone here than bring rare building materials from across the planes.

Dimers
2019-12-21, 09:57 AM
Turning back to Korron, Belthessil opines, "Monsters, animals and plants, I'd say."

A.A.King
2019-12-21, 12:50 PM
"I just need to get my Hawk from my quarters, other than that I'm ready to go too" Rurduk says

samduke
2019-12-21, 09:46 PM
after carefully stowing the figurine away, I believe that I have what I need

Aegis013
2019-12-22, 07:02 PM
Echoing Evylin, Mio announces that she too is ready to depart.

JbeJ275
2019-12-27, 08:30 AM
Once you are ready you meet up and walk through the teleportation circles, a column of arcane energy crashes down and you emerge in an underground chamber. The air inside is cold and still, near silent apart from your own sounds. The floor is rock, the walls are earthen on three sides but one side is covered only by a loose matting of roots. The ceiling is earth as well, but frozen through.

The room is nearly around 30ft by 30ft and only contains a few barrels and boxes, filled with water or rations respectively. Through it’s quite dim you can see some sunlight breaking through the matting from the outside, from this side it’s obvious that this is a hidden exit.

Aegis013
2019-12-27, 06:05 PM
Mio attempts to see what she can see past the matted root wall without disturbing the roots, using the light to guide her gaze like a peephole.

Spot [roll0]

JbeJ275
2019-12-30, 04:02 AM
From the dimly lit inside staring towards the outside dazzles you for a second, when your eye adjusts to the darkness you can just see a ramp leading upwards further into this empty land covered in snow.

A.A.King
2019-12-30, 06:15 PM
Rurduk looks around the room "A convenient spot to appear in, we should do our best to not get noticed when we get out of here so that we may use it again ome day if need be."

Aegis013
2019-12-30, 08:32 PM
"It looks like an open field of snow. I don't see any threats." Mio states happily. It looked like their adventure might be off to an easier start than anticipated.

Fliggl
2020-01-02, 12:33 PM
Good, good. Who has the potions of endure elements? I think we should drink them now.
Thessi, I need you to watch my back like the last time, ya?
After he drinks the potion, he wants Thessi to follow him outside, to guard him for the next 10 minutes, while he casts Commune with Nature

First of all, looking around 360° when outside. Spot check? [roll0]

Then he kneels down, touching the ground, with face in the direction their destination should be, starting to cast his spell.
The land is asked about
- general animal population
- presence of powerful unnatural creatures,
- general state of the natural setting
In a 14miles radius around him

Dimers
2020-01-03, 03:02 PM
Belthessil joins Korron outside the cave, keeping his eyes and ears open. And he too opens himself to feeling what the wind brings, though without his ally's mystic potency.

Taking 20 would give me 24 Spot, 22 Listen.

Aegis013
2020-01-03, 03:12 PM
Mio prances up to the rest of the group and excitedly says "Once we're ready to turn into birds, I'll connect our minds for easy communication. It'll only last a bit more than an hour and a half, so I'll wait until Korron is done... doing that." her face pouts slightly as she gestures towards the Half-Orc.

samduke
2020-01-06, 09:46 AM
Standing nearby Evylin stands waiting for the transformation, Easy does it on that mind connection Mio last time you gave me a headache.

JbeJ275
2020-01-07, 04:06 PM
9:09AM
Day 1

While the party stands out in the snow, communing with the earth spirits and planning for the expedition Bethessil scans the sky. It seems safe, though the small flurries of snow and the low wisps of cloud prevent him from being sure. Then after eight minutes you spot a dark smudge on one of the clouds, could be nothing or could be approaching enemies.

With your attention caught, these suspicions are confirmed moments later as five dark shapes descend through the cloud and plummet towards you. Three of them look to be twelve feet long with a twenty foot wingspan, the other two larger still. On there backs are humanoid figures though none of the fliers carry safe or reigns.

It seems evident that they’ve spotted you already and are intending to kill or capture you. With the rest of the party at least noticing thier friends expression change what do all of you do?

Aegis013
2020-01-07, 06:39 PM
Given the looming threat, Mio draws her shield.

She clutches her holy symbol of Milil and chants a short divine verse, casting Prayer (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prayer.htm), granting herself and all allies within 40ft or her for the next minute a +1 luck bonus on attacks, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks while providing enemies within 40ft a -1 to the same (Spell resistance applies).

"Here they come!" she says with an inflection almost like song.

She then whips out her Rapier (quick draw crystal) and prepares to engage, shifting her stance (swift action to change stance to Press the Advantage).

[roll0] - Shield Block is granted
[roll1] - Lion's Roar is granted
[roll2] - Revitalizing Strike is granted

samduke
2020-01-07, 08:36 PM
Evylin noticing the impending attack.

the eventual Initiative check [roll0]

Stances Active
Punishing Stance: Stance—Attacks deal +1d6 damage, but you have –2 to AC. ( with this reduction current AC is 22 )

Drawing out 3 blades and a shield
Activating
Gwaeron’s boots: Continuous pass without trace, undetectable by scent

Casting
Spell Resistance: Evylin gains SR 22

(Further Casting if enough time permits before they get within 50ft)
Spell Turning: Reflect 1d4+6 spell levels back at caster
Protection from Spells: Confers +8 resistance bonus

A.A.King
2020-01-08, 02:14 PM
"Attacked almost the moment we step out? Can't an old man get some peace?" Rurdruk says before he starts chanting to invoke the Divine Powers of Clangeddin Silverbeard. As soon as he is done, his two axes that mirror the ones wielded by his god leap into his arms.

Casts Divine Power (BAB becomes 17, +6 to STR for 14 rounds, 14 Temp Hit Points) and then draws both his weapons as free actions (Eager Weapon Enhancement on one and Lesser Crystal of Return on the other)

Initiative [roll0]

Dimers
2020-01-08, 10:06 PM
"Wrong line of work for peace, 'old man'. Don't tell me you'd rather putter around the garden than put down some fiends?" Belthessil laughs, then murmurs a few words of a spell and touches each of his allies. Everyone's feet are immediately obscured with a puff of thick mist -- a blessing of the Air Goddess that lets them move freely in her domain.

Everyone gets a 60' fly speed (perfect maneuverability) for more than two hours. Except possibly Evylin, depending on whether her SR counts here. [roll0] to overcome SR22 if necessary.

You can't actually touch the ground without spending a standard action to end the spell on yourself. So ... I hope I didn't mess up anybody's Stone Dragon maneuvers, or something.

samduke
2020-01-12, 02:10 PM
*Round 1 Evylin
HP:182 of 182
AC:22 (20 on round 1 due to charge)
DR 10/Magic
SR:22 for 10 min
(temp)Fly 60 perfect
Looking at map Evylin (Charges F1 +2 atk -2 AC)
Attack Routine
Raging Mongoose: Boost—Make two extra attacks at highest with each weapon carried
TPH:[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
TOH:[roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]
BPH:[roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15], [roll16], [roll17]
BOH:[roll18], [roll19], [roll20], [roll21], [roll22], [roll23]
edit (confirm crit rolls in OOC)
TOH (1d20+24)[44] - confirm (1d20+24)[37]
BPH:(1d20+27)[47] - confirm (1d20+27)[29]
Damage
TPH:[roll24], [roll25], [roll26], [roll27], [roll28], [roll29]
Punishing Stance:[roll30], [roll31], [roll32], [roll33], [roll34], [roll35]
TOH:[roll36], [roll37], [roll38], [roll39], [roll40]
Punishing Stance:[roll41], [roll42], [roll43], [roll44], [roll45], [roll46]
BPH:[roll47], [roll48], [roll49], [roll50], [roll51], [roll52]
Undead:[roll53], [roll54], [roll55], [roll56], [roll57], [roll58]
Punishing Stance:[roll59], [roll60], [roll61], [roll62], [roll63], [roll64]
BOH:[roll65], [roll66], [roll67], [roll68], [roll69], [roll70]
Undead:[roll71], [roll72], [roll73], [roll74], [roll75], [roll76]
Punishing Stance:[roll77], [roll78], [roll79], [roll80], [roll81], [roll82]

A.A.King
2020-01-13, 07:02 AM
"The way I see it Belthessil, this is EXACTLY the right line of work to get peace." Rurdruk says as he drops one of his axes, raises his arm and calls down a column of divine fire on the two who are closest together after which his axe flies back to his hand "Yes, I'm feeling very peaceful right now"

I drop my axe with the crystal of return as a free action, then as a standard action I cast "Flame Strike" catching both U1 and U2 within a 10-ft radius 40-ft high cylinder (unless I can center it on U2's square instead of on an intersect point on the grid with which I should just manage to catch all 3 U's within the same 10 ft radisu circle). Then, as a move action I teleport my axe back to my had using the effect of my Lesser Crystal of Return.

Damage [roll0] Half Fire, Half Divine Damage. Reflex for half. Save DC: 21

Aegis013
2020-01-14, 06:47 PM
Mio casts a spell as she moves to position her back against the wall. Her shield triples in size as she takes shelter behind it.

Actions:
Standard: Cast Telepathic Bond - now is as good a time as any.
Move: move to a position with back against the entrance of the hideaway (down 2 squares, probably)
Swift: Change my shield into a tower shield
Free: Take cover behind my shield (giving up attacks), stop using Inlindl School, getting AC bonus from shield back

Mio has total concealment and an effective AC of 34 against ranged attacks.

Maneuver granted: [roll0]

Dimers
2020-01-15, 12:03 AM
"Hah! I love you, Rurdruk -- I'd say 'never change' but, y'know, against my religion." Belthessil dances upward through the icy breeze while unleashing a chillier counterpart to Rurdruk's warm welcome.

Ice storm is only a 40' tall cylinder, so I don't think I can get F1 along with U1/2/3. If I can, great ... if not, just the undead. D&D physics says they have no downward momentum from last turn, otherwise I'd put the top of the effect just under their feet and let them crash through into the AoE. Anyway. [roll0] bludgeoning and [roll1] cold, no save. Caster level check vs SR:

undead wyvern 1 [roll2], rider [roll3]
undead wyvern 2 [roll4], rider [roll5]
undead wyvern 3 [roll6], rider [roll7]

JbeJ275
2020-01-15, 04:32 AM
Wyverns autofail Dex

[roll0]
[roll1]

BD:
UB: [roll2]
Will Saves:
K: [roll3]
M: [roll4]
B: [roll5]
R: [roll6]

Scorching Ray:
[roll]1d20+18[roll] for [roll7] VS Rurduk
[roll]1d20+18[roll] for [roll8] VS Betalissi

M:
[roll9] for [roll10]

B: [roll11]
K: [roll12]

If I've missed SR, some DR other than DR/ Magic or any other defensive ability please tell me.

Battlemap:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwMb2vGUwGYtd6YvypI6-gux4C-X5g0RYH3_EM6X8_o/edit

Evylin charges into the sky, blades flashing as she goes, you see her begin fighting with the undead wyvern's doing huge damage to one of them, but things change as the three riders do some form of powerful ice magic and she becomes stuck to the most damaged corpse. This zombie then turns around, and drags her with it back through the clouds, with you losing track of her small form amongst the clouds.

The other two wyverns continue their descent, both are nearly torn apart by the sudden blasts of holy fire and pulling of hail, with the riders having their flesh nearly melted off their bones by the initial flame strike. They continue to descend but both riders seem one hit from permeant collapse.

The fiends on the other hand are more successful, flying just ahead of both spells one of the bat winged things circles around you, the barbed devil on it's back speaks dark words in a forgotten tounge and a miasma creeps at you. Each of you manage to throw it off, but doing so seems to sap your strength. Rurduk and Mio take 10 damage. Bethalissi takes 5.

The other pair of devils seem more furious in their assault, the bat winged creature shows that two stumpy but powerful arms hang below it's stomach and as it flies overheads it strikes down at Korron with a massive ranseur, the blade smashes into the armour of his shoulder and though it doesn't pierce the plate it still leaves your torso ringing out in pain. Korron takes 20 damage.

As the creature finishes it's charge, it swings around to face you again, it's mere presence threatens to fill you with supernatural fear but you successfully fight the compulsion off. Then the smaller devil on it's back unleashes blast of hellfire at Rurduk and Bethalissi, both of which score glancing blows and begin to scorch your flesh. Rurduk takes 9 damage, Bethelissi takes 12.

You may now all take your turns.

Fliggl
2020-01-16, 02:38 PM
Korron's casting was disturbed by some nasty flying fiends. Angry about them, but more angry about himself that he forgot to cast antilife shell before -again! It wasn't the first time this had happened.

And so he scans his surroundings, charges up in the air while his skin thickens, to attack the fiend in return.

Detect evil
Swift action: Minor shapeshift (+17 temp hp)
Charge attack F1 with pick in two hands: Power Attack -10 [roll0], damage [roll1]+[roll2] vs evil

A.A.King
2020-01-17, 04:59 AM
"Oi, you little @$%!" Rurdruk says as one of the fiends blasts him. "That's it, you're all going to get shredded!" He quickly flies to the nearest fiend and starts laying in on both the fiend and it's mount.

I use one of the charges from my Belt of Battle (2 remain now) so trade my swift action for a move action and get next to F2. I then full attack with both my axes first targeting the fiend but if it dies before all of my attacks are done the remaining ones will be aimed at the mount. (4 attacks with main weapon thanks to increased BAB from Divine Power, 2 attacks with off-hand thanks to Improved Two-Weapon Fighting gained from the "Gloves of the Balanced Hand" part of my gauntlets)

Main Hand: [roll1], [roll2] [roll3], [roll4] [roll5], [roll6] [roll7]
Off Hand: [roll8] [roll9], [roll10] [roll 2d6+20

My attacks overcome Damage Reduction Silver, Adamantine and Good.
His attack bonus is:
Base Attack Bonus (17, increased thanks to Divine Power), STR (8, increased thanks to Divine Power), Weapon Bonus (1), Weapon Focus (1), Melee Weapon Mastery (2) + Two-Weapon Penalty (-2)
His damage bonus is:
Weapon Bonus (1), Weapon Specialization (2), Melee Weapon Mastery (2), Holy Warrior (9), Gauntlets of War (3), Silver Weapons (-1), Strength OR Half Strength (8 main weapon, 4 off-hand weapon)

He also deals an extra +2 Damage to any Evil Outsider (Favored Enemy) that is not yet used in the calculations because I wasn't sure if the mount was also an evil outsider and some of these attacks may target him.

JbeJ275
2020-01-17, 12:25 PM
F Mount 1 Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
F Rider 1 Barbed Defence: [roll2]

F Mount 2 Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
F Rider 2 Barbed Defence: [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

As the two heroes hurl themselves at the smaller devils, the massive fiends upon which they're mounted swing at them. While neither hit is aimed with any true talent, the sheer size of the blade and brawn of these creatures ensures a hit on both counts. Korron takes 29 damage, Rurduk takes 26. The crusaders kept coming though, in a single blow Korron badly wounds one of the fiends, carving a chunk or barbed skin out of it's shoulder and releasing a fountain of purple and black blood. Meanwhile, Rurduk repeatedly swings down with both his axes and manages to carve into the torso. The final axe reaches where a humanoids heart would be and the creature explodes into a shower of crystalline barbs. Now face to face with them you can both see these are Hamatula, barbed devils but their spikes were turned away by the force of your divine devotion. The explosion propels a few crystalline needles into Rurduk's skin, but you remain largely unharmed. Rurduk takes 2 damage.

Dimers
2020-01-18, 04:08 PM
"Way to go, idiot, now you've pissed off the dwarf -- you're done for," Belthessil shouts as he launches himself skyward to aid in handing out appropriate punishment.

I've already updated the map to show where I moved, charging F1. Including the charge bonus and a +1 for bracers of aerial combat, my attack is [roll0] and a hit will deal [roll1] + [roll2] good-magic-bludgeoning, [roll3] sonic, 1 electric and 1 fire.

Why doesn't a holy weapon deal, like, "sacred" damage or something? Weird. Anyway, the holy was the 2d6 in that string.

Aegis013
2020-01-19, 04:31 PM
Mio continues her turtling behind her tower shield, adjusting her stance and beginning the preparatory work to engage into the fray.

As a swift action Mio enters Leading the Charge, granting allies (specifically in this case, Belthessil who would be charging) within 60ft a +12 bonus to damage rolls if they make a charge attack.

Standard: Continue hiding behind the shield, Move: Not used.

AC remains 34 vs ranged with total concealment (29 against melee).

Crusader maneuver granted [roll0] - War Leader's Charge is granted for next turn

Fliggl
2020-01-20, 03:55 PM
Korron continues to strike the fiend mid-air, after he fuels himself and thickens his skin again.

swift action: minor shapeshift
Full attack action with Power Attack -7, pick in both hands
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]+[roll2] (holy)
Attack [roll3] damage [roll4]+[roll5] (holy)
Attack [roll6] damage [roll7]+[roll8] (holy)

When the devil dies, attacking the flying beast instead

JbeJ275
2020-01-20, 04:42 PM
BD: Claw 1: [roll0] Dam:[roll1] Fear Save:[roll2]
BD: Claw 1: [roll3] Dam:[roll4] Fear Save:[roll5]
M1: Claw 1: [roll6] Dam:[roll7] Claw 2:[roll8] Dam:[roll9] Gore:[roll10] Dam:[roll11]
M2: Ranseur: [roll12] Dam:[roll13]
U1: Slam:[roll14] Dam:[roll15]
U2: Slam: [roll16] Dam:[roll17]

WS: [roll18]

Battlemap:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwMb2vGUwGYtd6YvypI6-gux4C-X5g0RYH3_EM6X8_o/edit

While Belthessil's strike was powerful the barbed devil just managed to dodge it. It responds to the swing by leaping at the winged warrior and trying to grab Belthessil so he could be impaled, the first blow swings completely off, but the second lands with great force, however the power of his magical equipment repelled any attempt to maintain a grip. Belthessil takes 12 damage. Meanwhile it's mount swings it's vicious claws out, and lunges forward with a small bladed horn atop it's head, trying to impale or otherwise remove Korron. While two claws make contact, the divine protection prevents any serious damage being done. Korron takes 4 damage.

The now riderless devil seems spooked or unsettled and it backs off temporarily. While this allows Rurduk a moment to potentially strike, one of the zombified wyvern riders hurl an orb of frost at him then the wyvern smashes into him from behind, and the devil swings at him from a distance with it's massive axe. The wyvern fails to be more than gnash at his armour and the orb comes at him slowly enough that he has little trouble dodging it., but the same can't be said of the fiend's axe. Rudruk takes 26 damage and an opportunity attack.

The other wyvern rider directs it's mount to attack Belthessil. While performs some strange magic and a column of ice raises up from below Mio. The Momentum carries them into the air, but to the rider's surprise they don't fall and thus no harm comes to them. The mount is similarly ineffectual.

You may now all go.

A.A.King
2020-01-20, 05:29 PM
As the wyvern flies away Rurdruk goes for one more slash but he soon finds that he has to focus his attention on something else as he starts getting attacked from all sides culminating in a success blow from an axe by one of the remaining devils. "You know, things would have gone a lot better for y'all if you had fled the first time I tried to burn you!" Rurdruk says to the fiend that hit him and the moment he says Burn his axes burst into flames. "I'm going to slice, dice and cook you all at the same time!"

Attack of Opportuniy:
A: [roll0], D: [roll1] (Same bonus as last time, but this time includes the +2 for the mount being an evil outsider)

Swift Action: Use 1 of the charges from my Wand of Blades of Fire to deal an extra 1d6 points of Fire Damage with all of my attacks for 1 round.
Full Round Action: Attacking the Devil who attacked me and if he dies before I'm done any remaining attack go against the mount.

Main Hand
A:[roll2] D:[roll3] + [roll4] (Fire)
A:[roll5] D:[roll6] + [roll7] (Fire)
A:[roll8] D:[roll9] + [roll10] (Fire)
A:[roll11] D:[roll12] + [roll13] (Fire)

Off Hand
A:[roll14] D:[roll15] + [roll16] (Fire)
A:[roll17] D:[roll18] + [roll19] (Fire)
(Same bonus as last time but this time includes +2 for the Devil being an Evil Outsider and includes 1d6 Fire damage from the wand, Attacks overcome DR/Silver, Good and Adamantine)

Added an A and a D to more easily distinguish between Attack and Damage, updated my sheet with the damage from last round (now at 154 HP) and the use of the Wand from my wand chamber in my Axe

Dimers
2020-01-22, 12:48 AM
Belthessil maneuvers to slip between two of the wyverns in the confusion of battle, forcing one rider to try to keep his eyes on opposite sides of his head at the same time. "You poor sucker, getting the job of being first-slaughtered. What bureaucrat did you annoy to earn the punishment?" He doesn't stop swinging his outsized flail as he trash-talks the devil.

Took a 5-foot step ... uh ... 5-foot flap? whatever -- to a flanking position on F1. I moved myself on the map. Full attack. My top priority is the barbed devil, and if he goes down, the undead wyvern is next in line. Note I'm making all my rolls here with the flanking bonus, though. Power Attack for -2/+4.

[roll0] to hit, [roll1] weapon damage plus [roll2] sonic +1 fire +1 elec
[roll3] to hit, [roll4] weapon damage plus [roll5] sonic +1 fire +1 elec
[roll6] to hit, [roll7] weapon damage plus [roll8] sonic +1 fire +1 elec

Fliggl
2020-01-22, 01:02 AM
Korron continues to strike the fiend mid-air, after he fuels himself and thickens his skin again.
Edit: link to original post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24361607&postcount=56)

swift action: minor shapeshift
Full attack action with Power Attack -7, pick in both hands
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]+[roll2] (holy)
Attack [roll3] damage [roll4]+[roll5] (holy)
Attack [roll6] damage [roll7]+[roll8] (holy)

When the devil dies, attacking the flying beast instead

Aegis013
2020-01-22, 08:31 PM
Mio activates her winged vest, extending white feathered wings from her shoulder blades, Mio uses the cloudwalking granted by Belthessil; she shifts before launching from her position in a perfectly straight charge, rapier thrust forward in a graceful dash despite hauling the heavy tower shield in her offhand her tower shield shrinking back to its normal size and shape. She attempts to impale one of the enemies.

Swift: activate Winged Vest, gaining 60ft fly speed with good maneuverability for 5 rounds change Tower Shield to Heavy Shield
Full Round action: Use War Leader's Charge against creature U1 - the charge movement doesn't provoke AoOs.
Giving up shield bonus to AC in exchange for attack bonus via Inlindl School feat, she gains +3 to hit, but retains the -2 to hit from holding a tower shield, netting a +2. AC is now effectively 21 against melee or 26 against ranged attacks.

[roll0] to hit (add 1 to result from Prayer, add 1 from shield transformation, total of +2 for a 41 result)
On a 43 44 or better, [roll1] to confirm critical

If it hits it deals [roll2] piercing damage (add 1 to result from Prayer)
If it critically hits it deals an additional [roll3] damage. (add 1 to result from Prayer)

A successful hit deals [roll4] damage to Mio.