PDA

View Full Version : When/how will Miko come back?

pendell
2007-10-20, 10:11 AM
C'mon, folks. She's been dead since #464 and yet there are still
a bazillion heated threads about her. A character that audiences
either love or love to hate that much *can't* stay dead.

So ... since Rich simply has to bring her back, my hope is that she
is brought back via reincarnation. Depending on what animal
she gets stuck with, hilarity may ensue.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-20, 10:55 AM
Despite being a fan of hers, I'm not so sure about her return.

As for your question, perhaps she'll return as a restless spirit of some kind.

As for a possible "how will it happen":

Redcloak needs someone to tell him how the other gates are protected. The MitD is hauling O'Chul towards him. But does O'Chul know? Perhaps he'll simply say he's not high ranking enough for that information. He is then forced to identify Miko who is raised to serve Team Evil.

Or perhaps O'Chul will lie about knowing, and will resist attempts to wring the information from him, and Redcloak simply remembers Miko from before.

Yeril
2007-10-20, 11:15 AM
There are Lots of possible ways.

Rich said shes going to be a Baddie/Anti-hero all the way through til the end shes gotta come back into the storyline somehow.

Perhaps the gods themselves give her a second chance to regain her paladinhood, maybe Hinjo attempts to ressurect his secret lover (HinjoxMiko speculation!) Or even perhaps the gods send her back not for a second chance, but to fix her mistakes so she is allowed her true reward. :smalleek:

Kaelaroth
2007-10-20, 11:55 AM
Maybe a Tsusiko related incident?

Personally I like the idea of her and Enrique being Sara's love buddies... :smallamused:

silvadel
2007-10-20, 11:56 AM
Brought back by the Evil Kobold Oracle to enforce one of his predictions in service to Tiamat.

Yeril
2007-10-20, 12:03 PM
Maybe a Tsusiko related incident?

Personally I like the idea of her and Enrique being Sara's love buddies... :smallamused:

Another sub-par script by yeril for your amusement :smallbiggrin:

Sara: Roy honey, Im having Enrique over soon
Roy: Mom! I did not need to know that! Gah :smalleek:
Sara: Its okay, He said hes bringing over a girl your age for you.
Roy: I don't need your.. ugh.. Lover to hook me up with women..

Later..

Enrique: Hello? Sara? we are here.
Sara: Ahh Wonderful, and you must be Miko..
Roy: Wait.. what?!? YOU! :smallconfused: :smallmad:
Miko: YOU! :smallfurious:
Enrique & Sara: :smallconfused:

Holammer
2007-10-20, 12:11 PM
I don't think Miko's coming back, not in a corporeal form anyway. Rich should wrap it up sooner or later. The sooner the better, so the healing can start.

*sniff*

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-20, 12:24 PM
Oh yes she CAN stay dead! If Miko comes back I'm going to stop reading OotS.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-20, 12:25 PM
The sooner the better, so the healing can start.

*sniff*

What healing? When she died I all but fell out of my chair cheering.

Lord Zentei
2007-10-20, 12:35 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/LordZentei/1364.gif

What healing? When she died I all but fell out of my chair cheering.

Then you really need healing -- of some kind. :smallconfused:

If nothing else for this nervous tic of yours to always post in threads you hate, as someone put it. :smallbiggrin:

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-20, 12:40 PM

If nothing else for this nervous tic of yours to always post in threads you hate, as someone put it. :smallbiggrin:

At least the posts aren't enraged rants anymore.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-20, 12:43 PM

Or aren't they?!?!?! :smallamused:

*runs around with large hoover* :smallamused:

Lord Zentei
2007-10-20, 01:18 PM

<looks at Lord_Butters_I's sig, which is automatically appended to all his posts>

Hmm. Well, I'll have to get back to you on that one. :smallwink:

David Argall
2007-10-20, 01:26 PM
464 is final. We have seen the last of her. [Spoken by one with somewhat less that a 100% prediction success record]
The next strip is a prime time for her to return. Also prime will be about the time Roy comes back to life. The ways she might return are endless.

Kish
2007-10-20, 01:27 PM
Then don't post that. Rich said a while ago that when people post threats to stop reading if he does X, it makes him want to do X. (Not, mind you, actually do X, just want to.)

When Miko was first introduced some people said similar things. Rich was unmoved.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-10-20, 01:32 PM
To be honest, we'll probibly see her in the afterlife. But I highly doubt that she'll come back to life. Oh and I'm going to reduce the anger of my sig.

Spiryt
2007-10-20, 01:39 PM
Well, if Giant will bring Miko to life...

Well, I of course won't "stop reading the comic" or crap like that, but I will be confused and dissapointed.

It has nothing to do with "Miko hate" , it will be just completely, anti-climatic, anti-pathetic, anti... I hope you know what I mean.

Miko's plot ended in rather touching way in 464, and let it stay that way.

Xefas
2007-10-20, 01:42 PM
The real answer is that Miko doesn't need to come back, because she never left! Not...truly. She'll always be in our hearts in some form or another! Deep down inside, each of us has a little Miko.

That little voice that tells you to gut the person who cuts in line in front of you in a horrifying explosion of blood and viscera via whatever sharp instrument you have on hand not because you're personally inconvenienced, but because there's a clearly visible sign nearby that says not to.

That little voice that tells you to set an example for the rest of the people at the pool by breaking the legs of the next person who insists on running on what might possibly be a slippery tile floor, and then tells you to justify it by thinking about all the people who might be saved a similar fate by your actions.

And so on...

I hope Miko is restored to flesh and blood real soon, in all her tepid lawful glory. If possible, may it be accompanied by a casting of Dictum, that also happens to kill a moderately important side-character.

Coffee_Dragon
2007-10-20, 02:31 PM
That little voice that tells you to gut the person who cuts in line in front of you in a horrifying explosion of blood and viscera via whatever sharp instrument you have on hand

That little voice that tells you to set an example for the rest of the people at the pool by breaking the legs of the next person who insists on running on what might possibly be a slippery tile floor

Thank you for sharing your definition of Lawfulness! It has similarities with my conception of Evil.

Max_Sinister
2007-10-20, 02:40 PM
Rich said shes going to be a Baddie/Anti-hero all the way through til the end shes gotta come back into the storyline somehow.

He did? When? I somehow can't believe it... but if you're right, I see just two possibilities: Either we meet her in the Other World (where would she go, then? Could she meet Eugene?), or she returns as a kind of ghost (but having fallen, she can't be a ghost-martyr anymore either).

Xefas
2007-10-20, 02:43 PM
Thank you for sharing your definition of Lawfulness! It has similarities with my conception of Evil.

"Hey, you got your conceptions of Law in my Evil!"
"Hey, you got your conceptions of Evil in my Law!"

Two great tastes that taste great together!

Coffee_Dragon
2007-10-20, 03:05 PM
"Hey, you got your conceptions of Law in my Evil!"
"Hey, you got your conceptions of Evil in my Law!"

Two great tastes that taste great together!

And that's why Roy and Miko will be smooching within the next five strips.

... Did I really not put spoiler tags around that.

geekyhedgehog
2007-10-21, 02:52 PM
If she doesn't come back, Rich is going to have to kill either Roy or V (or the Oracle, but why would Belkar do that if he can't even remember what it is?)
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look at #331.

The Bushranger
2007-10-21, 07:22 PM
If she doesn't come back, Rich is going to have to kill either Roy or V (or the Oracle, but why would Belkar do that if he can't even remember what it is?)

...or the horse.
(Of course.)
:smalltongue:

Alfryd
2007-10-21, 11:24 PM
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look at #331.
Belkar already 'caused the death of' Roy through lending him his Ring of Jumping.
(That said, V's well on his way to driving Belkar to a player-killing.)

Edea
2007-10-21, 11:35 PM
If she does come back (please, god, no), I sincerely hope she's reincarnated as a goblin (I think the "willingness to return" bit occurs before rolling to see what kind of body you end up in, not sure though).

psychoticbarber
2007-10-21, 11:47 PM
Speaking not really as a Miko fan, I don't think we've seen the last of her. I don't like the character, per-se, but I appreciate the effect she has on readers and the Order alike.

I have no idea when she'll pop up next, but I suspect that no one will suspect it. Or the spanish inquisition, but that's just a shameless joke to see if somebody will pick up on it in the next post.

Anyway, Miko = not my favourite character, but not really all that bad, and bringing her back is unlikely to enrage me.

theinsulabot
2007-10-22, 12:10 AM

heh, the strip miko died in i laughed so hard i thought i was going to throw up. i was at home so i didn't make to much of a seen when i fell out of the chair. i still go back to it every once in a while. that strip makes me smile :smallsmile:

Xefas
2007-10-22, 04:18 AM
heh, the strip miko died in i laughed so hard i thought i was going to throw up. i was at home so i didn't make to much of a seen when i fell out of the chair. i still go back to it every once in a while. that strip makes me smile :smallsmile:

I have to admit- :belkar: "Funny, I always figured I'd be killed by a paladin." -still has me burst out laughing whenever I'm reading through the archives.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-22, 06:49 AM

Really? You'll quit reading?

Meh... Don't let the door hit you on the ass... :smallbiggrin:

Love her or hate her Miko was a HUGE part of the story. And she WILL be back, in one form or another. Just because she was so controversial doesn't mean Rich won't bring her back.

Unless Rich shows Miko passing through a "Door of No Return" in the Afterlife, Miko always has a chance of returning.

Roy will, Soon Kim did. Eugene did four times! And Shojo chose not to. If Miko has a "choice," what do you think she'll do?

2007-10-22, 12:03 PM
Really? You'll quit reading?

Meh... Don't let the door hit you on the ass... :smallbiggrin:

Love her or hate her Miko was a HUGE part of the story. And she WILL be back, in one form or another. Just because she was so controversial doesn't mean Rich won't bring her back.

Unless Rich shows Miko passing through a "Door of No Return" in the Afterlife, Miko always has a chance of returning.

Roy will, Soon Kim did. Eugene did four times! And Shojo chose not to. If Miko has a "choice," what do you think she'll do?

I sort of get the feeling her "huge" part of the story ended with the destruction of the gate.

She WAS a huge part of the story...but there is really no apparent need for her to be around anymore.

Xefas
2007-10-22, 12:07 PM

Obviously she'll smite whomever gave her the choice, as choice is the ultimate chaos and any who allow such anarchy are a danger to themself and others!

The Bushranger
2007-10-22, 01:51 PM
Obviously she'll smite whomever gave her the choice, as choice is the ultimate chaos and any who allow such anarchy are a danger to themself and others!

Oh, so you think she'll come back as a Vorlon then? :smallyuk:

I think she'll be told she has to "work on it" to get into the afterlife, and therefore spends some time as a ghost.

Haunting Belkar.

The ideal punishment for them both...
:smallwink:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-10-22, 02:05 PM
I sort of get the feeling her "huge" part of the story ended with the destruction of the gate.

She WAS a huge part of the story...but there is really no apparent need for her to be around anymore.

Now that I'll agree with. Her primary role of Law Enforcement Officer and General Pain in the Ass is over, but that doesn't mean her story is over.

The key word in your second sentence is "apparant." There was no "apparant" reason for the little baby behind the counter way back in 113. But now that little baby has a role to play in Roy's life and life after death.

It's the "If Miko is ever mentioned ever again in the story or on these message boards ever again, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue!" threats that I'm addressing in my earlier post. Get over your damn self. It's a freakin' STORY! :smallfurious: Learn how to deal with characters who might take you out of your comfort zone! That, or go watch some TV. I'm sure "Full House" is on somewhere. :smallwink:

Arnen
2007-10-22, 02:16 PM
Shut up! She had closure, and you want to take that away from her? You monsters! :smallyuk:

EyethatBinds
2007-10-22, 02:27 PM
Rich may have claimed that Miko will be in this until the end, but what most don't realize is that the story is over. #463 was the climax of the story and now its over. So Miko was in it until the end, the rest of the strips from here are just denounment. So everyone gets what they wanted, unless of course anyone wanted more OotS comics.

2007-10-22, 05:18 PM
Now that I'll agree with. Her primary role of Law Enforcement Officer and General Pain in the Ass is over, but that doesn't mean her story is over.

The key word in your second sentence is "apparant." There was no "apparant" reason for the little baby behind the counter way back in 113. But now that little baby has a role to play in Roy's life and life after death.

It's the "If Miko is ever mentioned ever again in the story or on these message boards ever again, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue!" threats that I'm addressing in my earlier post. Get over your damn self. It's a freakin' STORY! :smallfurious: Learn how to deal with characters who might take you out of your comfort zone! That, or go watch some TV. I'm sure "Full House" is on somewhere. :smallwink:

I only threw in the 'apparent' because if I didn't people would go:

"OMG ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE ROY WILL HAVE SEX/MAKE OUT WITH DEAD MIKO IN THE NEXT STRIP OMG OMG OMGBBQSAWCE!!111111111111111"

Griffon
2007-10-22, 06:06 PM
I don't think Miko will ever return. I think Rich is done with her.

Only Rich knows this answer. =/

Xefas
2007-10-22, 06:11 PM
Rich may have claimed that Miko will be in this until the end, but what most don't realize is that the story is over. #463 was the climax of the story and now its over. So Miko was in it until the end, the rest of the strips from here are just denounment. So everyone gets what they wanted, unless of course anyone wanted more OotS comics.

Lies! Order of the Stick is liable to outlast the Sun in its longevity. I plan to be 90 years old and still reading OotS, as written by Rich's brain implanted in a super cyborg body capable of firing short-range tactical nukes from its kneecaps.

This is the future; there can be no other!

Paladin29
2007-10-22, 06:17 PM
As doctor McCoy said: "Miko is dead Jim.... Jim... she is dead".

However I would like to see Miko back to pursue redemption :)

drmike
2007-10-23, 06:28 PM
Gotta admit that her death scene seemed kind of final to me as well.

I don't think she is coming back.

Unless maybe as a spirit who follows the group around insulting them.

Lorde
2007-10-23, 07:40 PM
She will haunt the forums, which works for me.

Antamar
2007-10-23, 08:15 PM
The way I see it, Miko served her purpose to the plot in a very good way and helped to develop Roy's character. However, I think and hope that this is the end of her. If she ever does come back, I think Rich can pull it off in a way were everyone will be satisfied (except for those people dead-set on not being satisfied).

Renegade Paladin
2007-10-23, 08:23 PM
He did? When? I somehow can't believe it...
Start believing. It's clearly stated in No Cure for the Paladin Blues.