PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Alliance Game

JadedDM
2019-12-13, 09:05 PM
Trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pYJNY2lsWk&feature=emb_logo

Seems they are making a new Dark Alliance game, although it no longer bears the Baldur's Gate name. Playable characters are Drizzt, Catti-brie, Bruenor and Wulfgur. Sorry Regis fans, guess you're out of luck!

warty goblin
2019-12-13, 09:48 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a strong, but late contender for Worst Trailer of the Year.

That said, being a fan of mediocre to bad hack-n-slash games, I'll pay attention to this. If nothing else, there's a solid chance it won't crowbar in loads of Dark Souls mechanics, which would be great because I don't like those and even if I did I'd be bored of them by now.

JadedDM
2019-12-13, 10:20 PM
As long as it's just 'Diablo but D&D' like its predecessors, I'm in.

Erloas
2019-12-13, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I saw that at the awards. I couldn't help but wonder if the person that made the video ever actually watched it. It was painfully bad.

I imagine that must be like what those videos look like when people snowboard or bike with a GoPro on a stick.

The really bad part was that, as painful as it was and also managed to not say anything at all about what the actual game was, it really wasn't any worse than many of the other teasers. I watched the "game awards" for a while before switching to something more interesting and I don't think any of them said much more than "we're making a game! and it has a TITLE!"
The awards themselves weren't even a secondary thought, they were more like a tacked on bit they threw out there whenever they needed a second between cutting to something new.

warty goblin
2019-12-14, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I saw that at the awards. I couldn't help but wonder if the person that made the video ever actually watched it. It was painfully bad.

I imagine that must be like what those videos look like when people snowboard or bike with a GoPro on a stick.

The really bad part was that, as painful as it was and also managed to not say anything at all about what the actual game was, it really wasn't any worse than many of the other teasers. I watched the "game awards" for a while before switching to something more interesting and I don't think any of them said much more than "we're making a game! and it has a TITLE!"
The awards themselves weren't even a secondary thought, they were more like a tacked on bit they threw out there whenever they needed a second between cutting to something new.

The only other one I watched was the trailer for Gears Tactics, which did a pretty solid job explaining the game. Granted, Gears but XCOM is not exactly rocket science to communicate, since XCOM is basically turn based Gears in the first place, but it was sufficient to make me decide that's definitely a thing I'll consider playing at some point.

Xtreme Sports Drizzt? Well, I'll certainly pay attention, just because holy cow, somebody who cuts together that trailer is capable of anything.

Narkis
2019-12-14, 08:12 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a strong, but late contender for Worst Trailer of the Year.

Of the year? This might be one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. I struggle to think of anything worse, at least. I can't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea.

GloatingSwine
2019-12-14, 08:20 AM
If it was a trailer for a mobile game from five years ago, it might be understandable.

But that? Who signed off those animations as OK?

Who allowed any of that to be seen by a member of the public?!?!?

warty goblin
2019-12-14, 09:20 AM
Of the year? This might be one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. I struggle to think of anything worse, at least. I can't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea.

The back half of this is a terrible classic. As a bonus, none of it has anything to do with the actual game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFSKkQRW8A

Narkis
2019-12-14, 11:37 AM
The back half of this is a terrible classic. As a bonus, none of it has anything to do with the actual game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFSKkQRW8A

Yeah, but this one actually [i]looks good[/]. Decent models, decent animation, decent camera. None of that is true for the Dark Alliance trailer.

Kantaki
2019-12-14, 12:17 PM
What in Asmodeus name was that?

I mean nothing about that trailer works.

The music is... well, even if I liked it it still wouldn't fit a fantasy game.
(I mean, it can work, but... not in this case.

The graphics are just bad- and I say that as someone who doesn't feel the need for some super special HD++ 9000Crystal more real than reality stuff.
I mean that twitching.
My first thought was literally „Either they've epilepsy or a really bad trip.”
And the optic?
I really hope that's not the final look.
Because there're 15, 20 years old games that look better.

warty goblin
2019-12-14, 12:35 PM
You know, the more I think about, this might be the best trailer. I'm genuinely way more curious about this game than if they led with a trailer that made anything like rational sense, or didn't suck harder than a supermassive black hole powered vacuum cleaner.

Kantaki
2019-12-14, 12:40 PM
You know, the more I think about, this might be the best trailer. I'm genuinely way more curious about this game than if they led with a trailer that made anything like rational sense, or didn't suck harder than a supermassive black hole powered vacuum cleaner.

Curious, sure.
How badly it will crash and burn.
Maybe enough to watch a LP if someone is masochistic enough to play this... this.
But actually play it?
Spend money on it?
Nope.
Just from the trailer you'd have to pay me and it would still be a hard sell.

tonberrian
2019-12-15, 01:56 AM
I liked the original Dark Alliance games well enough. But, uh. I'm pretty sure they looked better than this trailer does.