PDA

View Full Version : Every-Class Enemy?

ByzantiumBhuka
2019-12-14, 12:53 PM
I'm DMing for a group of four 3rd-level players (currently fighter/sorcerer/cleric/druid), and I'm hoping to introduce an gimmicky enemy:
The enemy has sworn revenge on the party for the incidental death of his father, an ambassador to a goblin village the party raided back at 2nd level. So the enemy decided to swear revenge. My idea has him taking 3 levels each of fighter, druid, cleric, and sorcerer, and 1 level each of the other eight classes (this totally isn't cribbed from The Princess Bride). This is 5e, by the way. It'll be the most unfavorable multiclassing to ever grace a group, but that's the fun part.

So my question: what spells/feats/other things would be most effective in combat for those other eight classes? I've decided to simply copy my players' builds for the first twelve levels, but I'm not sure of, for example, what cantrips to choose or what weapon to wield.
Also, when would be the best time to introduce the new character, if I want it to be the main encounter of the day? 5th level? 10th?

Thanks!

Anderlith
2019-12-14, 01:07 PM
I'm DMing for a group of four 3rd-level players (currently fighter/sorcerer/cleric/druid), and I'm hoping to introduce an gimmicky enemy:
The enemy has sworn revenge on the party for the incidental death of his father, an ambassador to a goblin village the party raided back at 2nd level. So the enemy decided to swear revenge. My idea has him taking 3 levels each of fighter, druid, cleric, and sorcerer, and 1 level each of the other eight classes (this totally isn't cribbed from The Princess Bride). This is 5e, by the way. It'll be the most unfavorable multiclassing to ever grace a group, but that's the fun part.

So my question: what spells/feats/other things would be most effective in combat for those other eight classes? I've decided to simply copy my players' builds for the first twelve levels, but I'm not sure of, for example, what cantrips to choose or what weapon to wield.
Also, when would be the best time to introduce the new character, if I want it to be the main encounter of the day? 5th level? 10th?

Thanks!

Make him Cha based & a hexblade (part of him swearing revenge) that makes you far less MAD & Cha is great for villains. Give him a sword as a weapon or perhaps whatever killed his dad. You’ll have far too many & too shallow of options to really make any choices that would effect his play style predictably though