PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a Yuan Ti flavorful

Gwyllgi
2019-12-15, 09:49 AM
I wanted to plan a yuan ti character that would be super flavorable. He needs to prestige into the Yuan Ti cultist class, preferably with Leadership. What would be a neat divine casting class to start out as?

Tzardok
2019-12-15, 09:59 AM
I wanted to plan a yuan ti character that would be super flavorable. He needs to prestige into the Yuan Ti cultist class, preferably with Leadership. What would be a neat divine casting class to start out as?

Yuan-Ti are highly religious and very devout to their deity Mershaulk (or his counterparts in other settings, like Martuakh in Hourglass of Zihaja or Sseth in the Forgotten Realms). Cleric or Favoured Soul would be the most fitting classes, I think.

Vizzerdrix
2019-12-15, 01:13 PM
I find that the best seasonings for a yuan ti cultist is adobo with Worcestershire sauce.

With both reptiles and cultist, always clean and cook thoroughly, any never eat the skin. The dangers of salmonella and eldritch tattoos has turned more than one kitchen into rubble.

Mix 3 tablespoons of adobo into 3 bottles (large) of W. sauce and heat on low for 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour over large cuts of cultist in a large roasting pan. Wrap tightly and place in fridge for 12 to 36 hours in the sauce, making sure to turn the meat every 3 to 4 hours.
Cut meat into steaks and pan sear both sides, then broil until cooked all the way through on the inside.

While it cooks, finley chop some dill and ginger, and whisk into sour creame to make a dipping sauce (served on the side).

Vrock Bait
2019-12-15, 01:31 PM
I find that the best seasonings for a yuan ti cultist is adobo with Worcestershire sauce.

With both reptiles and cultist, always clean and cook thoroughly, any never eat the skin. The dangers of salmonella and eldritch tattoos has turned more than one kitchen into rubble.

Mix 3 tablespoons of adobo into 3 bottles (large) of W. sauce and heat on low for 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour over large cuts of cultist in a large roasting pan. Wrap tightly and place in fridge for 12 to 36 hours in the sauce, making sure to turn the meat every 3 to 4 hours.
Cut meat into steaks and pan sear both sides, then broil until cooked all the way through on the inside.

While it cooks, finley chop some dill and ginger, and whisk into sour creame to make a dipping sauce (served on the side).
I prefer my yuan-ti with skin. Simply freeze it for 4-5 hours to kill any lingering diseases. The eldritch tattoos give it a nice spicy kick.

Palanan
2019-12-15, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gwyllgi
I wanted to plan a yuan ti character that would be super flavorable.

Clearly you should start with the Delicious flaw. :smalltongue:

In terms of game flavor, I would suggest a belt of mammal scalps, demonstrating your character’s contempt for the warm-blooded. A cloak of dwarf beards would showcase both contempt and martial prowess, and if the beards are tightly braided with plenty of metal clips there’s a case to be made for a +1 armor bonus.

For a starting class, I would second cleric if you’re restricted to 3.5 material. But if Pathfinder is a possibility, you might consider an oracle with the Dragon mystery, which can give you a breath weapon and limited access to arcane magic, plus some other reptilian benefits.

Ruethgar
2019-12-15, 06:58 PM
Clearly you should start with the Delicious flaw. :smalltongue:

I mean, if he want's to be tank cleric that would be perfect. Rare to get a proper taunt ability.

Clementx
2019-12-16, 05:32 PM
Never liked yuanti until i saw this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUQMXAs-Zc) WebDM.

Palanan
2019-12-16, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ruethgar
Rare to get a proper taunt ability.

But how exactly do you taunt with Delicious?

I mean, do you light your hair on fire and sort of shake your head in their direction? Or do you scrape off some skin with a cheese grater and puff it at them?

Vizzerdrix
2019-12-17, 03:00 AM
But how exactly do you taunt with Delicious?

I mean, do you light your hair on fire and sort of shake your head in their direction? Or do you scrape off some skin with a cheese grater and puff it at them?

You seductively cover yourself with bbq sauce :smallbiggrin:

Gwyllgi
2019-12-17, 03:31 AM
You seductively cover yourself with bbq sauce :smallbiggrin:

This isn't the kind of flavor I was thinking of.
But that WebDm helped. It seems there's 3 ways to handle a Yuan Ti. Spy, Cultist, or Criminal. Anyone have any advice between Cleric and Favored soul as to which is a good class for a thulsa doom style player. Cause it's either that or evangelical orochimaru.

Palanan
2019-12-18, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gwyllgi
Anyone have any advice between Cleric and Favored soul as to which is a good class for a thulsa doom style player.

Are you trying to emulate specific aspects of Thulsa Doom’s character, or just going for the general mood?

Other than the snake arrows, I don’t recall too much about him. Cleric is generally considered superior to favored soul, so you really couldn’t go wrong with cleric.

That said, did you see my suggestion about the Pathfinder oracle? I personally love that class, and the Dragon mystery is scaly-themed and loaded with flavor.