PDA

View Full Version : Fighter 5-6/Artificer X build?

TheWayofPie
2019-12-15, 12:38 PM
So my DM is running Dragon Heist (though we plan to continue the adventure past when the module ends) our PCs just turned level 4 and level 5 is just around the corner. I'm playing a Noble Fighter who I gave 14 Int at the start to play up her intelligence. While not optimal, we're playing with Talent Trees homebrew.

I'm a newb account so I can't post the link but 5e Talent Trees pulls it up on google. Should be a reddit post, first link.

The homebrew has Int for Initiative, Advantage on (Int)History checks and (Int)Intimidation for strongly worded letters. Very flavorful stuff for a know-it-all noble brat with a strong personality.

We're also using the UA Class Variants as well. So I went Battle Master, Superior Technique Fighting Style and Martial Adept. Which means I have 6 Superiority Dice and these new Out-of-Combat Maneuvers are just amazing.

There's also a feat that lets me use Strength for Shortbows, Longbows, and Slings so I'm very versatile with how I can approach at fight. I also have an additional object interact to help out with this.

I got an arm cannon (because my character lost her arm) that lets me throw out a fire version of Ice-Knife twice for day based on my Int. So I went ahead and bumped it up to 16. So my stat spread is as follow.

Then we finally got the Eberron book. And with my high Int it'd probably be worth it to go Artillerist, especially since I paved the way for it making sense flavor-wise with the arm cannon. However, I'm not sure how deep I should go into the class. And is having the Bonus Action cannon really worth it? It seems the Temp HP one is though... it's like an INT version of Rally! I do know for a fact that being able to make magic weapons with only 2 levels is very powerful. And I don't think I need attunement (correct me if I'm wrong). Regardless it makes my switch-hitter fighting style more viable.

Would it even be worth me dipping further than 3? And if I don't is the Eldritch Cannon going to be ok with just Artificer Level 3 HP if I keep it tiny and with me?