PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Oath of Vengence/Conquest Paladin multi-class w/ Divine Soul or The Celestial

SirSlug
2019-12-16, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to D&D and am currently working on what my next character is going to be. I want to multiclass with either paladin/sorcerer or paladin/warlock. I am also ok with a pure paladin, I just thought that the multiclass would be fun. I intend to my race to be Scourge Aasmiar if I go with a strength build or warforged for a dex build, although I'm ok with either for either. Personally, I would prefer the Aasimar for roleplaying purposes. I trying to go for the holy type theme that is looking to rid the world of evil. If I were to go warlock, warforged makes more sense as Aasimar and The Celestial get a lot of the same buffs despite it being quite thematic. I would also probably go pact of the chain as I get a lot a the chain benefits from pact of the blade for being a paladin already.

Starting with Paladin stuff, I still can't decide if I want to go vengeance or conquest paladin for the multiclass. I would go conquest if I wasn't multiclassing because I like the high-level features; but since I'm multi-classing, in terms of low-level features how do they compare in the corresponding multi-classes?

My rolls pure rolls are (no race bonuses): 18,17,16,9,8,7; my DM may not allow these stats though which would mean I would go with: 18,14,14,13,12,9.

I am looking to fill the role of a tank, DPS and a little bit of face. Combat is my favourite pillar, so I'm trying to optimise for combat and defense. Our encounters tend to be around once a day, with more than one here and there.

So what do you guys think would work better with my situation and what I'm going for, Devine Soul or The Celestial?

Thank you so much for you help!

Barny
2019-12-16, 03:57 AM
I would suggest at least 1lvl of hexblade for multiclass.
1lvl of hexblade can offer 1)using Cha for your melee bonus, so you can just focus on maxing Cha instead of Str 2)Shield spell for tanking. 3)Hex spell for dmg/ impose disvantage of boss deadly grapple 4) Hex curse for dmg 5) Cantrips for range attack.

CTurbo
2019-12-16, 04:24 AM
With stats like that, and also if the DM normally throws one big combat a day at you.... I would go full Paladin all the way. Paladins are the king of the 5 minute adventure day.

I think Fallen Aasimar Conquest Paladin 20 would be AWESOME. Grab the Menacing feat if you can.

I know people are quick to say dip Hexblade but your stats are good enough trying to use Cha for everything isn't necessary. A 3 level Celestial dip would be good if you just REALLY want to multiclass. I would probably choose Tome as the extra cantrips and all the rituals really help out in the utility department. Of course short rest spell slots is really the main thing you're after.

I think a full solo Class Paladin is stronger than any mutliclass combination though. ESPECIALLY with stats like that.

carrdrivesyou
2019-12-16, 09:34 AM
Gonna take ALL the holy options lol

I like your idea. If you want to focus more on combat, I would suggest warlock/paladin, because warlocks are super versatile. I'd take 4 levels of Warlock, and the rest paladin. Your biggest boon here is going to be the short rest refresh on warlock spells, plus invocations.

Take spells like mirror image or shield from the warlock list, and pair them with invocations like the false life one. Not to mention, your warlock levels will synergize well with your lay on hands. Use Lay on Hands on yourself and Healing Light on your downed allies. Pair this with damaging boosts like Hex, and your Aasimar aura, and you will be the center of attention in the fight.

This gives you all kinds of healing abilities, great defensive abilities, solid charisma, and makes you look like a hero in the process. Go wild.

paladinn
2019-12-16, 05:15 PM
Gonna take ALL the holy options lol

I like your idea. If you want to focus more on combat, I would suggest warlock/paladin, because warlocks are super versatile. I'd take 4 levels of Warlock, and the rest paladin. Your biggest boon here is going to be the short rest refresh on warlock spells, plus invocations.

Take spells like mirror image or shield from the warlock list, and pair them with invocations like the false life one. Not to mention, your warlock levels will synergize well with your lay on hands. Use Lay on Hands on yourself and Healing Light on your downed allies. Pair this with damaging boosts like Hex, and your Aasimar aura, and you will be the center of attention in the fight.

This gives you all kinds of healing abilities, great defensive abilities, solid charisma, and makes you look like a hero in the process. Go wild.

At the risk of being a broken record.. Sorlocadin! VP/HB/DS