PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying A Christmas Adventure.

Tawmis
2019-12-16, 12:44 PM
This past weekend, I DM'ed for my crew and did a Christmas Adventure!

It turned out to be a lot of fun - thought I'd share a link for those that care to read it:

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-notes/adventure-notes-the-arrival/adventure-notes-the-arrival-16

paladinn
2019-12-16, 05:03 PM
This is pretty good actually:)

I've had a novel (and/or campaign) bumping around in my head for a while. Santa is a cleric (he is "Saint" Nicholas, after all). He is known widely for his kindness and generosity. But his pacifism is put to the test when he is approached by a secreted colony of elves who are at the brink of extinction, facing danger from both the ignorance of humans and the malevolence of drow. How does Nicholas defend and shepherd elves who don't share his faith? How does he take up sword (or at least a serious quarterstaff) against the evil of the drow?

While retaining his devotion to his God, his mind is opened to the goodness in others; and being exposed to the elves' love of nature, he picks up a few levels of druid or ranger. After all, he's got 8 reindeer as animal companions! And that sweet bag of holding, and the flying sleigh, and..

Ok, I'll stop now..lol

Trask
2019-12-17, 12:40 AM
A good way to honor the jolly old man, make him a God! If Saint Cuthbert and other upjumped mortals can be worshipped then by golly so should good old Saint Nick! I suggest the Knowledge or Tempest domains ;)

Lupine
2019-12-17, 09:10 AM
A good way to honor the jolly old man, make him a God! If Saint Cuthbert and other upjumped mortals can be worshipped then by golly so should good old Saint Nick! I suggest the Knowledge or Tempest domains ;)

Paladin oath of redemption?

Tawmis
2019-12-17, 06:52 PM
Hah! Thanks all! Last year, I did a Halloween Event (called The Hollowing).

I love to do little things like that - because this group is so open to the fun little events like that, that break away from the doom and gloom of "let's stop that damn fallen angel we accidentally released!" :D

Who knows if the "Mysterious Jolly Figure" may appear again in future campaigns... say... like in a year.