PDA

View Full Version : AMEN XVII: <insert witty title here>

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

darkblade
2007-11-22, 12:09 PM
"Ow.. my ears, can you quit that sawing, it's too shrill, please." Regina says, appearing in the cellblock.

"Unless you have a better idea to get put of here nope."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 12:14 PM
"I mean, for one, that's a dagger, not a saw, all you'll do is blunt the blade, when you'll need it to attack the guards when they come around, so put that thing away." She says, just staring at him, she seems ghastly and sort of depressed, like a ghost, but with a bit more form. She speaks calmly about her enemy's attempts to escape, and doesn't put too much importance on it. "Although, it doesn't matter what you do, you're demise is imminent anyways, I suggest you just make yourself comfortable. You want to play a game or talk to pass the time?"

darkblade
2007-11-22, 12:20 PM
"I mean, for one, that's a dagger, not a saw, all you'll do is blunt the blade, when you'll need it to attack the guards when they come around, so put that thing away." She says, just staring at him, she seems ghastly and sort of depressed, like a ghost, but with a bit more form. She speaks calmly about her enemy's attempts to escape, and doesn't put too much importance on it. "Although, it doesn't matter what you do, you're demise is imminent anyways, I suggest you just make yourself comfortable. You want to play a game or talk to pass the time?"

"I've got three more daggers and a sword on my person right now. Once I'm out of this cell I'll have the powers of the plane of shadows. I'm not going to just sit here thank you very much."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 12:27 PM
"You're still not going to cut through the bars like that, and you're only attracting attention to yourself. I mean, I came, who's to stop others from coming. You'll waste a dagger, they'll come, remove your possessions, and stick you into another cell. Do you want to have that happen? Patience, child, is the only way out of here. Maybe instead of just sitting and waiting, you can try coming up with a well thought out plan." Her voice is a melancholic melody, she sings it with the knowledge that this man may die here. That she may die here. It's not so much condescending as observing without realizing that she may be condescending, "Too bad you lack foresight, it would make any game we play too quick."

darkblade
2007-11-22, 12:33 PM
"In case you haven't noticed miss this place is under more deadtime then Town on Christmas Eve. No one is capable of noticing anything right now." Darkblade does agree that cutting at the bars is rather stupid and he puts away the now magled dagger.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 12:41 PM
"I'm still here, who's to say I won't stop you?"

darkblade
2007-11-22, 12:46 PM
"I'm still here, who's to say I won't stop you?"

"The fact that you're in an antimagic cell too."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 12:52 PM
Shhe simply walks through the bars. "Okay, now what's to stop me from stopping you?"

darkblade
2007-11-22, 12:55 PM
Shhe simply walks through the bars. "Okay, now what's to stop me from stopping you?"

"Nothing I guess, but I don't think you would. You have something against AMEN otherwise you really wouldn't be down here, either that or you're part of AMEN and just messing with me for the hell of it."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 12:57 PM
"Bingo." She says and gives a wink. He's right, on all counts.

darkblade
2007-11-22, 01:03 PM
Darkblade leans against his cell's wall and sighs. He's having such a weird few days.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-22, 01:46 PM
SurlySeraph knocks on the door of AMEN. Whoever answers gets a carefully-worded and well-rehearsed speech

It has come to my attention that the person known as "darkblade," noted for his rebelliousness, is being held captive on the premises. While I am all for the incarceration of rebels, I must demand to see the evidence by which darkblade was convicted of incarceratable offenses - for, if such evidence is non-existent, you are all guilty of 1st-degree Kidnapping and False Imprisonment, even those of you who aren't responsible for it. Furthermore, I shall be obliged to engage in honorable combat so as to knock you all down until darkblade has escaped or you have released him or I have fought my way to the location of his incarceration and released him. So, can I see the evidence against him?

darkblade
2007-11-22, 01:48 PM
((Shas is locked up here too.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 01:51 PM
"Excuse me, I have to tend to something, don't try to escape unless you know how to do it without drawing attention to yourself." She drifts up through the walls to the door and answers it.

After listening to SurlySeraph, Regina simply answers, "No, that assumption would imply that AMEN honors Habeas Corpus. I can assure you, we do not. Good day."

Exachix
2007-11-22, 01:53 PM
SurlySeraph gets a paper plane through a winder.

To SurlySeraph,

The persons known as 'darkblade' has been incarcerated for crimes against our organisation, I do not know the exact details of the matter at paw, but I'm sure we would both agree that if something akin to this happened, i.e. someone was incarcerated in the site of the HALO base, then the situation would be similar, if not the same. That is, they would be incarcerated, for crimes against the organisation.

In addition, AMEN and HALO are currently at the state of 'war', if it can be called such. In this situation, You may find that certain rules are suspended. When, and if, both sides come to a conclusion, then prehaps matters such as this will be resolved.

Regards,
Exy.

Castaras
2007-11-22, 01:55 PM
The note reads:

FWACKOOM!

Cassius gets explosive runes in the face. He heals himself, before drinking a potion, which makes him slowly shift back into being a her.

Finally...

She turns and heads back into one of the labs.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-22, 01:58 PM
SurlySeraph perks up slightly and launches into another carefully rehearsed speech. Ah. I see. Unfortunately, due to the current state of war that is in existence between our organizations, and the benefits which darkblade's liberty would bring to our ability to wage war against you, I am afraid that I am now obliged to knock you all down.

SurlySeraph bursts through the door and starts running through the halls, looking for anything prison-cell-like and knocking over everything in his way.

Exachix
2007-11-22, 01:59 PM
Fox-Exy's image is there, sitting peacefully.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 02:01 PM
"Wow, don't you know how to ask? Man, that door's kind of expensive..." She wisps after him. "Where are you going?"

SurlySeraph
2007-11-22, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to find and free darkblade! Don't block my path!

Surly chooses a likely-looking door, which happens to be locked, and starts trying to batter it down.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 02:18 PM
"Please, Sir, The Prison Cellblock area is that way, and six levels down. It is unreachable, however, by foot. You will find though, that charging straight into AMEN's trap laden base may not've been the best idea." A large, thick steel door comes down from the ceiling and blocks off passage to the way he came. The door he's battering through breaks down and wakes up the large Red dragon sleeping behind it. "Have fun, I hope your death is a long, painful, and miserable one."

SurlySeraph
2007-11-22, 02:40 PM
Your traps are useless against me, for they are easily foiled by walking right into them! GOOD SHALL PREVAIL!

SurlySeraph charges the red dragon and cleaves it in half. That's the fun thing about being epic-level, you can dismiss ridiculously powerful threats in a single sentence. He then pulls out a pickaxe and starts trying to burrow down to darkblade's cell.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 02:44 PM
And the invisible thin wires will cut into him, removing his left arm.
"Have a god day, even 'Epic Level' doesn't permit you to dismiss Epic Level Challenges. Beware, AMEN is extraplaner, and you will find that rules and logic do not apply here. Keep going, and you will most surely die. And the room you're burrowing into is my domain, so I can expect for you to have fun when you do go there."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-22, 03:36 PM
And the invisible thin wires will cut into him, removing his left arm.
"Have a god day, even 'Epic Level' doesn't permit you to dismiss Epic Level Challenges. Beware, AMEN is extraplaner, and you will find that rules and logic do not apply here. Keep going, and you will most surely die. And the room you're burrowing into is my domain, so I can expect for you to have fun when you do go there."

"Seraph, even in this state of war I feel it's necessary; hell, it may even be a Good act, but you must NOT go into Rex/Regina's room. Ever. Doing so may cause...umm, extreme pain and mental scarring. And worse. We actually have to wipe Happiness's brains weekly to help him, her, him forget the experience. And this is Happiness!" Curly shouts as she runs into the room carefully. Her terror stricken face indicates that maybe there are some places even Evil and all other alignments in AMEN are afraid of.

Exeson
2007-11-22, 04:19 PM
A very burley werewolf in hybrid form walks into the base. He strolls around the place, greeting anyone who acknowledges his presence. He does not seem to be going anywhere in particular. He bumps into Castaras whilst inspecting the labs.
"Well, hello! I was wondering if I could join your... Organisation, I have heard a lot about it. I hear I have to sign some paperwork?" He says in a gruff voice that sounds not very evil at all.

Castaras
2007-11-22, 04:23 PM
A mountain of paperwork falls on Exeson's head.

That's the stuff, sign it all in blood, preferably your own, then you're in.

Castaras doesn't turn around, busy mixing potions.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-22, 04:31 PM
and Curly steps out of L-Space into the AMEN library. "Still here?"

Skippy
2007-11-22, 04:33 PM
Yes, still here. Now I know where the peanut butter jar was after all this time...

Skippy walks out of the L-Space, too.

Now, we need to do something to stop Surly... And then Zio...

Exachix
2007-11-22, 04:33 PM
The resident vulpethrope watches the Lycanthrope.

darkblade
2007-11-22, 04:38 PM
Nice to see people care. For all those concerned Darkblade is still in a cell.

Castaras
2007-11-22, 04:40 PM
Eh, he can rot there for all Cassie cares. Even if she knew. Which she doesn't, currently.

She's too busy creating a new potion.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-22, 04:44 PM
"So, RS, you can grab Surly and I'll make sure that on this mission you aren't harmed too much."

Skippy
2007-11-22, 04:47 PM
Cassie, I think he was talking about me... I must help Surly rescue Darkblade, but I must stop him from opening Rex's room...

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 05:04 PM
Darius appears in a poof of black smoke "Why haven't I been to this place before?" He then shrugs and proceeds with throwing daggers at random people.

Exeson
2007-11-22, 05:05 PM
The werewolf claws his way out of the pile of paper, he then takes out a knife and attempts to cut himself, failing miserably. After a few frenzied attempts he turns to the strange vulpethrope "Uh... you got anything silver I can cut myself with? What are you meant to be anyway?"

Exachix
2007-11-22, 05:06 PM
The were-fox grins.

"Sure."

He summons a silver knife.

"Fox."

Exeson
2007-11-22, 05:14 PM
Exeson takes the knife and easily cuts his arm, he then writes with his fingers, signing on the dotted lines. "You know, I hope these records are confidential, 'cause as soon as I sign anything legal the government would know I exist... and nobody wants that" He finishes signing and leaves the papers neatly stacked up by the wall for someone to collect.

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 05:39 PM
Darius looks startled at the suicidal werewolf "No way am I going through that to become member, I'll just settle with being a casual visitor" He then proceeds setting traps up for Surley.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 07:51 PM
Shas remains in his/her cell.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 08:19 PM
((Sorry, I've been busy.))

Moon Called watches SS from a few cells over, and rolls her eyes before glaring at Shas. "I won't accept responsibility for my comrade's actions." She begins, choosing her words with care. "However, I cannot simply stand down while a worthy opponent is captured using such dishonorable tactics." She pulls a set of keys out of her pocket, and holds one up, letting the others jangle.

darkblade
2007-11-22, 08:21 PM
Darkblade sits up in his cell.

Draken
2007-11-22, 08:33 PM
Back in the main hall, Draken smiles a dozen of teethy grins.

Crimmy
2007-11-22, 08:34 PM
should i sign something to enter??

asks a crimson dressed drow

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:37 PM
Shas looks at Moon Called

Who are you talking to?

Saurous
2007-11-22, 08:41 PM
((Sorry, I've been busy.))

Moon Called watches SS from a few cells over, and rolls her eyes before glaring at Shas. "I won't accept responsibility for my comrade's actions." She begins, choosing her words with care. "However, I cannot simply stand down while a worthy opponent is captured using such dishonorable tactics." She pulls a set of keys out of her pocket, and holds one up, letting the others jangle.

Saurous shakes his head awake, and looks up at Moon Called from the extinguisher.

"Wait, what? You're freeing him? Could you at least do some sort of honorable duel with Shas to determine her freedom?"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:44 PM
But then Moon Called would be dead, even if I have only one wing, one arm and am extremely low on HP

Yep, not a little bit overconfident. :smalltongue:

By the way, I took a quiz to find which of the seven deadly sins I have most, and I got wrath, :smallfurious: Sloth was a close second though :smallsigh:

The quiz is right here. (http://www.4degreez.com/misc/seven_deadly_sins.html)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 08:44 PM
Darius looks startled at the suicidal werewolf "No way am I going through that to become member, I'll just settle with being a casual visitor" He then proceeds setting traps up for Surley.

"O! My god! You are actually the first intelligent person to join AMEN in ages, those contracts they force you to sign have no meaning, and are just a way to track and spam you. You can become a member by merely proclaiming that you are one, no one keeps track of the rosters anyways." Regina explains, then returns to sulking from the shadows.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 08:50 PM
Saphire glares at Saurous and makes shushing motions.

Shas looks at Moon Called

Who are you talking to?

"You."

Saurous
2007-11-22, 08:53 PM
Saurous glares back at Saphire, before crossing his arms and leaning against the wall in indignation.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 08:56 PM
Mmkay. Are you letting me out or not? Lest I sing trogdor!!

TROGDOR!
TROGDOR!

Trogdor was a man
I mean, he was a dragon man
Or maybe he was just a dragon

But he was still TROGDOR!
TROGDOR!

Burninating the countryside,
Burninating the peasants
Burninating all the peoples
And their thatched-roof COTTAGES!

THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!

Guitar solo

When all the land is in ruin,
And burnination has forsaken the countryside,
Only one guy will remain.

My money's on TROGDOR!
TROGDOR!

And theTrogdor comes in the NIIIGHT...

darkblade
2007-11-22, 09:00 PM
Darkblade shakes his head as his lover sings an annoying internet song.

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 09:01 PM
"O! My god! You are actually the first intelligent person to join AMEN in ages, those contracts they force you to sign have no meaning, and are just a way to track and spam you. You can become a member by merely proclaiming that you are one, no one keeps track of the rosters anyways." Regina explains, then returns to sulking from the shadows.

"Flattering. Well, In that case: I proclaim myself a member of AMEN. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it..." Darius smirks "Now that all that is settled, I'll go spill the blood of the innocent." He turns around on his heel, and with a jaunty tune he saunters out of the front door.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:02 PM
"...You just... killed my dramatic tension." Saphire goes over to a wall and bangs her head on it.

"That's the idea. If you can defeat me in fair combat, I will allow you to return to your base. If not, you stay. I will allow you to restore yourself first, but I doubt I can do much for your wing."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:04 PM
Very well. May I exit the cell then?

If so, Shas will cast Mass Heal on him/herself until he/she is at full health. Then he/she will cast regeneration, divine power, and rightous might, preparing for combat.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:08 PM
Moon Called sticks the key in the lock of the cell, and turns it. Saphire snickers. Moon Called glares at her as she moves to let Shas by.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:10 PM
Shas does the aforementioned things, and asks.

Is magic allowed mid battle?

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:12 PM
"If your personal code of honor allows it, I can not protest." Moon Called says simply, and looks around. "No room to fight. Come." She turns and leads the winged elf(?) to the living room.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:16 PM
Yes, i'm an elf. What else would I be?
SP points at his/her sig, with both the elf itp award, a line saying I'm an elf, and an elf avatar.
Those aren't for nothing you know.

And now we fight?

darkblade
2007-11-22, 09:18 PM
"I'm going to have to wait for Surly aren't I?" Darkblade mutters sitting back down in his cell.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:21 PM
"You look like an angel." Saphire shrugs and returns to banging her head on the wall.

"Yes." Moon Called says, sinking into the Gaurd possition, her sword pointed at Shas.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 09:21 PM
Regina wisps back to Darkblade's cell.

"The way that fool's going about it, I wouldn't worry..." Regina says, passively, dismissively, "Considering he's not even heading here."

darkblade
2007-11-22, 09:22 PM
Regina wisps back to Darkblade's cell.

"The way that fool's going about it, I wouldn't worry..." Regina says, passively, dismissively, "Considering he's not even heading here."

"Great...."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:25 PM
I ask for win condition though. If I win, my friend darkblade gets released too.

While Moon Called is replying, Shas casts quickened flame strike and charges in, slashing with his/her sword (since one arm still lies dead; that will take weeks of medication to return to nomral)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 09:30 PM
"Hm... Darkblade's mine. Moon. Don't let her push it." She says, for the first time, there's a hint of assertion in her voice. Then she sighs. Again, the Heroes think that brute force will get them what they need.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:31 PM
Moon Called opens her mouth to say something, but is caught surprised, and dodges the fireball a tad late, her clothes getting singged. The flames cleared revealing Shas, or rather, Shas' sword, which manages to leave a nice cut in MC's shoulder. "Coward," The half-drow mutters, swinging her sword at Shas.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:31 PM
Actually, darkblade is mine.

Shas swings his/her sword low - stops halfway through and aims for the head.

Also, flame strike is not a fireball so much as a pillar of flame.

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 09:32 PM
Darius jumps out from a shadow, he appears to be covered in blood "Children can really scream..." He then goes to see if there is a some sort of bar around.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 09:35 PM
Regina just whips out of existence and back into existence behind Shas. "Aw... but he's too cute to just let free..." She gets really close, almost hanging over Shas, almost ethereally, but her presence is there... "Although, I am curious to find out what you are... down there..."

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:35 PM
Moon Called mangages to parry this one, heaving all her weight into the movement, and letting it carry her, spinning and launching a kick at the point where Shas' wing meets his body. "Screw off, Regina. This is my fight."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 09:40 PM
"C'mon MC, you know that's not the way to handle this... being... I can at least give you a small leveling of the playing field."

wadledo
Wadledo comes to watch the cat fight.

Mr. Moon
((With what hand? You only have one, and you're holding a sword in it. :smallconfused:))

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 09:42 PM
Darius folds out a nostalgic beach chair and sits down to enjoy the carnage.

Saurous
2007-11-22, 09:42 PM
Saurous walks back up into the living room, and watches the fight along with the others.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:43 PM
What, can't I catch it with the sword hand?

Ah well.

Shas is hit by the kick, hurting the small stub of his/her wing stump and flying back a few feet. He/she then casts Girallon's blessing, hefting his/her other sword back, while the other hand starts casting avasculate.

wadledo
2007-11-22, 09:45 PM
Good idea.
A Dee brings a chair for wadledo, and assorted snacks.
Dips and chips?
Wadledo offers a platter to Darius and Saurous, all while holding a foam hand that says

Go Moon Called!

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 09:48 PM
"Why thank you" Darius takes a handful chips and smothers them in dip.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:48 PM
While the two hands cast avasculate, Shas notices the sign.

So wrong on so many levels.

The third hand brings in the sword, attempting to slice the tendons of MC's wrist.

Saurous
2007-11-22, 09:49 PM
Saurous rolls his eyes at the foam hand, and takes a few chips off the platter.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:50 PM
With no idea what Girallon's blessing is, even after looking on three diffrent search engines, Saphire treats is as some healing spell, but would very much like a description.

"C'mon MC, you know that's not the way to handle this... being... I can at least give you a small leveling of the playing field."

"I'm not fighting to win." Moon Called mutters, recovering her balance and jumping out of the way of the third arm, swinging the blunt of her blade at Shas' temple as she does so. "I'm fighting to learn."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-22, 09:52 PM
Girrallon's Blessing gives me 4 arms. If it weren't for the dead arm, I could cast and full attack in one round.

And avasculate is spell that reduces you to half HP with no saving throw.

Then you better learn quickly.

Shas ducks a bit to the sword, but is hit slightly, dazing him/her for a half second.

Man, I really should wear a helmet, even if I look cooler without one.

((And with that, I'm out for the night))

wadledo
2007-11-22, 09:53 PM
((sorry about that, was a bit much:smallsigh: ))
Wadledo whaps a Dee on the head
I told you to burn that.
They replace it with
Go Moon Called!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 09:54 PM
"Make it fair, allow me to get rid of it's magic. Then it's hand to hand. it'll be more focused into combat, and won't have to keep messing around with the swords and stuff to cast."

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 09:59 PM
"Guess that's all the fighting we'll be getting tonight" Darius say in a low voice.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 09:59 PM
((Actualy, I doubt MC would mind. Don't worry about it. I'm no feminist.))

Moon Called takes advantage of Shas being stunned, and swinges her sword beneith the elf's legs, in an attempt to trip her. Or cut his legs off, either way.

((See ya tomarow then.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 10:03 PM
"Moon, the first thing you should work at learning, is how to disable casters." She drops a gun on the ground. "I used to use it in the Town, the settings are too used, and all it does anymore is hold and kill spells."

wadledo
2007-11-22, 10:04 PM
((I shouldn't have posted it anyway.))

Oh well, I should get some DNA from Darkblade anyway.
Wadledo calls one of the owls, who have conveniently stationed themselves around the base unobtrusively.
It flies down to the dungeons and attempts to peck a piece of Darkblade's flesh away.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 10:08 PM
Since MC is time-frozen until Shas can get back on, Dusk wanders in. "I'm still alive!" He declares to all who actualy give a rat's tail.

Probably no one.

Draken
2007-11-22, 10:09 PM
Draken erupts from a wall that sudenly freezes in the area.

Those damn guns? They caused to much trouble and it wasn't even IC trouble! They are better off banished to the void, every last one of them.

Draken casts a CL 100 and something Disjunction at the gun.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-22, 10:13 PM
Deadtimes and multiple threads?
:smalleek:
"We're turning into the Town!" She then starts floating around in circles saying, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."

Darius Midnite
2007-11-22, 10:15 PM
Darius starts target practicing, throwing shurikens at random objects and people. Hopefully hurting someone in the process.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-22, 10:17 PM
Saphire claps a hand over Rex's mouth. "Shush, you! The mod's could here us and put us in the Town! I hate the Town! It's to confuzing."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 12:08 AM
Hey hey hey! I just got a great idea. And by the way, this is totally not a very thinly veiled ploy to get an AMEN rock band going.

We should totally put on a benefit concert for a charitable cause, but not one so good we look good. Preferably an evil one, but one that will still increase our reputation. It will cause us to get way more members than HALO and utterly crush them. Maybe a free concert at Evil University in the Town? What do you mean there's no Evil University? Well then we'll hold a concert to get the money to build one. Yeesh. Do I have to think of everything?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 12:14 AM
"You have yourself a bassist."

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/rexidiotarum/pogabass.gif

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 12:17 AM
All right! And I can play guitar and sing.
And I can play keyboards.
No you won't. Characters only.
Awww.

All right, that's two. Come on people! Let's do it! The Anti-HALO Pro-College Town Tour 2007! Sounds like a good time to me.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 12:36 AM
Pulls out gothic bass and starts practicing.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 12:46 AM
Vespe pulls out his guitar and a large book labeled "Big Book O' Rock Songs." He takes a pen and begins flipping through the pages, marking a few songs here and there.

darkblade
2007-11-23, 07:43 AM
((I shouldn't have posted it anyway.))

Oh well, I should get some DNA from Darkblade anyway.
Wadledo calls one of the owls, who have conveniently stationed themselves around the base unobtrusively.
It flies down to the dungeons and attempts to peck a piece of Darkblade's flesh away.

Darkblade pulls out his sword and tries to stab the owl after it rips off some of his skin.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:44 AM
Shas looks at sword coming, dropping his sword at the last moment to deflect it, causing it to bash into is already dead arm.

Shas finishes casting avasculate.

Lizard Lord
2007-11-23, 08:55 AM
Lizard Lord will walk in and see Shas fighting Moon Called and Darkblade in jail.
Did you two gets yourssselvess captured? How did you mammals mannage to do that?

wadledo
2007-11-23, 11:05 AM
To Vespe: I can play the drums or steel guitar?

In the cells: The owl's right wing is stabbed in the proccess in getting some of Darkblades flesh.
Coo!
It then hops away and atempts to climb up the stairs, several other owls coming to watch and mock.
Hoooooot!
Hoot, hoot hoot hoot!
Bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 11:45 AM
Thanks for helping, Wadledo. And I think we need a drummer more than a steel guitar player, but if we get another drummer, I'll let you know.
Vespe jots this down on his notepad.

Castaras
2007-11-23, 11:51 AM
Castaras sighs, watching Vespe.

Guess you'll be wanting a singer then, won't you?

Exachix
2007-11-23, 11:52 AM
Fox-Exy trots out.

"What?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 11:54 AM
Castaras sighs, watching Vespe.

Guess you'll be wanting a singer then, won't you?

Of course. A singer that people don't throw stuff at when he/she sings is always good. Plus, that allows us to use songs with a female singer without people looking at me strange. All right, this band is starting to come together. Woooo!

Vespe cheers and stuff.

Castaras
2007-11-23, 11:57 AM
Castaras concentrates for a moment, summoning a 12-string. She sits down on one of the sofas, tuning up.

wadledo
2007-11-23, 11:57 AM
Cool.
Some owls in trucker hats and vests begin to set up a drum set, emblasoned with the words
Elliott Coues is my Lead Zeplin

Exachix
2007-11-23, 11:59 AM
Fox-Exy looks up at Vespe.

"So what do you need?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 12:02 PM
Vespe checks his list.
Well, we have two vocalists, a bass player, two guitarists (incidentally they're both the vocalists), and a drummer. That's all the essentials...oh, we have one or two songs with a violin, and a keyboardist might help. Other than that, just do whatever you want. We'll fit you in. Somehow.

Exachix
2007-11-23, 12:03 PM
Exachix shifts to elf and summons a pedal sort of thing for Cassie, and hmms.

"Synthesizer?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 12:07 PM
Exachix shifts to elf and summons a pedal sort of thing for Cassie, and hmms.

"Synthesizer?"

Sure, why not. Would probably help.

Exachix
2007-11-23, 12:16 PM
Exachix grins and sits on a sofa, summoning both a synthesizer on a stand, and a keytar. The Keytar stays by the sofa as Exachix summons cables, and an amp. He starts to set it up.

V Junior
2007-11-23, 12:39 PM
Victoria looks up.

You letting players in? If so, I can play the pi-an-o, I can play the pi-an-o...

Seriously, though, I can. Not very good though. Pre-Grade 1 :frown:.

If not, may I request a song or two?

'Everything's Magic' (Angels&Airwaves)
'American Idiot' (Green Day)
'Empty Walls' (Serj Tankin)
'I would do anything for love But I won't do that' (Meatloaf, and that song is one of the best EVER!!!!)
'Jesus of Suburbia' (Green Day, v.long)
'Amaranth' (Nightwish)
'Welcome to the Black Parade' (My Chemical Romance)
'Teenagers' (My Chemical Romance).
'The Anthem' (Good Charlotte)
'The that day I die' (Good Charlotte)
'Girls&Boys' (Good Charlotte)

((I'm a serious rock junkie. 2 Green Day songs, 2 MCR songs, then one each form Serj Tankin, Nightwish, Meatloaf, and A&A? Not to mention THREE from Good Charlotte??))

Castaras
2007-11-23, 12:42 PM
(( Meh, alot of that's stuff okay, I guess...

Although Prog rockers FTW! ))

Exachix
2007-11-23, 12:50 PM
As Exachix continues setting up and testing the various sounds, he hums to himself.
Note: The Amp is off, and as of yet, disconnected.

wadledo
2007-11-23, 12:56 PM
Mn, I feel weird.
All I can think of is Jefferson Starship's "Fast Buck Freddie".
And we would need somebody who can play violin for that.

V Junior
2007-11-23, 01:07 PM
A pikachu-ssized meerkat with yellow-and-brown fur runs out of a weird Pokemon-Center Fortress. Then, about 59 more run out. Vespe, Cassie, and Exy all get zapped. 500 times. Each.

Woo hoo! This stupid Plan is coming together!!! Um, actually, that wasn't part of it. I was just experimenting.

Exachix
2007-11-23, 01:08 PM
Exachix puts on of his feet up.

"Safety Boots. Didn't feel a frelling thing."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 01:30 PM
Regina practices the Bass:

Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red- Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red- Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red

wadledo
2007-11-23, 01:33 PM
A pikachu-ssized meerkat with yellow-and-brown fur runs out of a weird Pokemon-Center Fortress. Then, about 59 more run out. Vespe, Cassie, and Exy all get zapped. 500 times. Each.

Woo hoo! This stupid Plan is coming together!!! Um, actually, that wasn't part of it. I was just experimenting.

Sometimes I'm glad that this organization is composed of nothing but black-sheep.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 01:40 PM
Regina practices the Bass:

Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red- Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red- Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red Yellow Blue Yellow Yellow Blue Orange Blue Orange Red Red Red Green- Orange- Green Red Red Red Red Red

You're a very good bass player, you know that? :smalltongue:

Saurous
2007-11-23, 01:42 PM
"Sometimes I wish that V Junior wouldn't be quite as shrill and wouldn't use exclamation points in rapid succession." Saurous mutters with a sigh.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-23, 01:52 PM
So...should I go to the Town and start setting up the stage? Passing out fliers and whatnot? Or should we wait and take them by surprise?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 01:53 PM
You're a very good bass player, you know that? :smalltongue:

"Hey, that's Expert Mode, and I love that song." She says... "Hm... I might be able to play the violin as well, but it's been a while..."

Korith
2007-11-23, 02:57 PM
*Explodes things*

Not dead yet...

darkblade
2007-11-23, 03:23 PM
'Empty Walls' (Serj Tankin)

You are requesting a song by a clearly Chaotic Good man for your evil band?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 03:24 PM
"We'll steal from anybody."

SurlySeraph
2007-11-23, 04:01 PM
HA! In a cloud of dust, SurlySeraph drops through the ceiling directly across from darkblade's cell. Even with one arm and having to chip through solid concrete in a massive Rex-room avoiding circle, I have prevailed! With his remaining arm, Surly pulls out a hammer and smashes the lock on darkblade's cell door. Let it not be said that I put Law over Good today, for I have fought for the triumph of liberty! Also, ow. Surly finally allows himself to collapse in exhaustion. darkblade, don't let them step on me or anything, okay? Also, if someone can cast Regeneration on my missing arm, I'd be much obliged.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 04:07 PM
Surly is stabbed and sent into a powerdraining cell.

"Well, you're in my prison, and I didn't have to take you here myself"

The illusion dismisses showing that Surly completely missed Darkblade's cell.

darkblade
2007-11-23, 04:18 PM
"This isn't looking good for anyone in HALO right now. At least he didn't let out whatever everyone was so afraid of from Regina's room." Darkblade mutters as Surly lands in another cell.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 04:25 PM
"Well, should play the game rather than screw with it. I wouldn't touch the bars, cast spells, or try to escape, there's a feedback field in here the more energy that is exerted in it will be reflected back at the person inside. Even moving too quickly will sort of pinch." Regina say, "Remember, any punch or movement that might break the bars will only break you instead, and any spell, any spell, will be shattered into pure energy and reflected back as pure pain. Sit tight."

SurlySeraph
2007-11-23, 04:42 PM
What about Dispel Magic? Dispel Magic breaks things like that. I have a scroll of Miracle, if that would work any better. Otherwise, time to start praying! Meh, I'll start with Dispel Magic. Surly feebly gestures at the bars while muttering an incantation.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 04:48 PM
All spells will never complete their castings, so dispel magic, at least by him, won't work. As soon as a spell begins to be cast, it is torn apart and reflected as pure energy.

Thanks for trying, the incantation fails, and the spell energy is directed back at Surly, dealing back as much as a 3rd level normally does; 3d6 non-elemental damage.

Lizard Lord
2007-11-23, 05:01 PM
Did you come here alone Seraph? *sigh* I am sssundenly glad I left HALO. It isss full of foolish mammalsss that do not think before they act.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 05:02 PM
"Seraph is the pefect example of what the following of pure good and law can do to a person's intelligence and judgement. And sanity, for that matter."

Lizard Lord
2007-11-23, 05:14 PM
I can not help but wonder how pratically allowing yourself to get captured could possible aid the cause law OR good. But suppossse the self proclaimed good mammals are jussst sssstrange like that.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 05:26 PM
"And wouldn't bursting through the door, knocking away anything that came in your range of vision, and then digging a tunnel down four levels into a cell more of a chaotic act?"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 05:27 PM
Shas, seeing that MC is not here, discreetly unlocks Surly and Darkblade and returns to the HALO base with them.

Lizard Lord
2007-11-23, 05:30 PM
Yesss. Being lawful mysself, I am sssurprised to sssee another member of the lawful alignment be so destructive and reckless.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 05:33 PM
"There'll be none of that!" SP shouts, poofing between Shas and whatever his exit route may be.

"You will wait until Saphire and Moon Called gets back, and then you can make your cowardly escape, alright? At least then Saph won't whine about you being unfair."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 05:33 PM
Shas, seeing that MC is not here, discreetly unlocks Surly and Darkblade and returns to the HALO base with them.

Even with the three AMENites just happening to be standing around them watching? I think not, back in the Cell for the attempt.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 05:34 PM
Fine, fine.

Shas stands around bored, waiting for MC to appear, while his/her wing regenerates.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 06:53 PM
The wizard poofs out of deadtime and has a handfull of deepfried tweety birds in his, well, hands off course.
"Wow, what did I miss?"

Saurous
2007-11-23, 07:05 PM
"Quite a few events. HALO, the Heroic Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization, was formed, not one but three HALOans were subsequently captured, Moon Called challenged one of them to a duel for two of the HALO member's freedoms because she didn't think the way they were captured were 'honorable', and Magtok is getting his ass kicked over in the HALO base."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:09 PM
Pretty much. What Magtok and I did are no different, really.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 07:11 PM
"Oh? We have prisoners? Lead the way to the Torture chambers then, I'd say!"
The wizard then tosses one of the deepfried birds into his mouth.
*Crunch*
"These are really good! Want some? Shas?"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:15 PM
Sure, why not?

You do know that I'm an officer of HALO, right?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 07:22 PM
"Maybe. But you're also our guest. Offering you some innocent tweety birds that were deep fried alive to munch on is just common courtesy, right? I mean, I have no beef with HALO personally, nor am I really a teamspirited guy, so I'm not gonna go out to help these AMENites. I'm a member, but I'm pretty much in for the free buffet at lunch and the dental plan. I might have a problem with Magtok being reduced to scrap though. I've grown fond of that old heap of rust"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:23 PM
Thanks.

Shas eats a few birds.

Eh, too tense. That's the problem with cooking them alive.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 07:27 PM
SP chuckles to himself.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Edward is 'fond' of Magtok?"

Saurous gives SP a questioning, unsure look for a few seconds. He then slaps his forehead and mumbles, "Pervert."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:34 PM
SaTP (Shas'aia Toriia's Player) appears and joins in the laughing.

heh, I get it. :smallbiggrin: :smallcool: :smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 07:38 PM
"When you're done with your sophisticated jokes, could you please show me the way to the torture chambers? We do have some prisoners to torture, I believe. We do have prisoners, right?"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 07:41 PM
Well, my character Shas is busy duelling for freedom, so unleess you kidnap him/her, he/she can't be tortured. His/her lover darkblade (throws up) can be tortured, as can SurleySeraph.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 07:47 PM
"Heh, sorry."

"We have one prisoner you can torture, who happens to be Surly Seraph."

Saurous points at the heavy, plated door that leads into the dungeon.

"The prisoner level is four levels down."

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 07:52 PM
"Brilliant. I don't suppose we have an elevator that leads there? No, nevermind, the walk'll give me time to think about the horrible things I'll do to him, some of them involving a bicycle pump and lemons"
The wizard cackles (It's not a very manly thing to do, I admit, but he's kind of caught up in the moment) and starts descending the stairs. As soon as he arrives downstairs, he will start filling a tub with icecold water, he'll warm up the furnace, he'll annoy the scorpions and he'll conjure up some mystery pies with his wand.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-23, 08:08 PM
"I'm back. It's your move, SaTP. Want me to dig up the post?"

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 08:09 PM
"I don't seem to understand what's so creepy about Shah's and Darkblade's relationship..."

Saurous
2007-11-23, 08:11 PM
"Shas' gender is ambiguous. It's understandable why you don't find the relationship somewhat strange, being...well, you."

Saurous sighs, and goes back to his original position near the edge of the battlefield.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 08:15 PM
"What's so strange about that, I mean, Vael and SotS are both guys, I mean, at least with ambiguous you have a chance at it being straight... Hell, this isn't even close to me and Maggy's relationship.... If, while you're out in space, Love, and you're horny as...." She begins to sing.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-23, 08:23 PM
Moon Called growls as Saphire joins in with Regina, wondering if Shas is going to post or not.

Darius Midnite
2007-11-23, 08:28 PM
Darius enters the AMEN quarters seemingly as a woman. S/he proceeds with preparing for the fight to come, doing so while grumbling dark words on drowish.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 08:29 PM
Saurous plugs his ears for a moment, turning back to SP, who is also covering his ears.

"SP, Control Remote, now!"

SP reaches into his pocket, and pulls out one of the remotes. He points it at Saphire, and promptly presses "Mute". He does the same with Regina.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 08:46 PM
MC, the last post was Shas growing two more arms. He/she then took a total defensive action while casting Avascular Mass at you (take away half HP, hold in place for a few rounds, no saving throw).

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-11-23, 08:49 PM
The floor opens up an a small, unarmed, light-grey helicopter flies towards the roof. The Jurassic Park theme blares from the peakers positioned both inside and outside the chopper, as well as several placed around the room. Fullbladder doesn't actually acknowledge anyone, just keeps piloting, but he seems to be making sure people new he still kept his stuff in the base. And new all the secret passages.

Holes in the ceilings/floors of the various floors heading up into the open are opened as he flies through them and away to some distant isle.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-23, 08:50 PM
Oh... How many arms does he have now?

"What are you, a hydra?" Moon Called growls, jumping back a bit. She readied her sword, preparing an attack action for if Shas tries to move towards her.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-23, 08:54 PM
4 arms, but the one arm still lies limp and useless. Though this does allow me to either cast spell and take a full defensive action, or attack with both swords and snap wafers (like potions, but you break them to gain their effects)

Just an elf, actually.

Shas keeps his/her sword up as he/she finishes casting the spell, sending a sickly green ray towards MC. The ray seems to sap the life energy from the air around it (this is the avasculate spell I was talking about).

Mr. Moon
2007-11-23, 09:02 PM
Moon Called grunts as the spell hits her in the chest, feeling the streingth drain out of her. She falls to her knees, woozy, staring blankly at her foe as the room spun around her. She tried to stand, to raise her sword, but it was for naught. She was just to tired.

Draken
2007-11-23, 09:02 PM
Moon Called, this insult will not pass unpunished, be sure.

Draken, who is standing near, gives the drow a vengeful glare.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-23, 09:31 PM
I can not help but wonder how pratically allowing yourself to get captured could possible aid the cause law OR good. But suppossse the self proclaimed good mammals are jussst sssstrange like that.

Oh, it doesn't at all. But it's just and self-sacrificing, which is a Lawful and Good act. It's like how a necromancer does evil things but a demon is made out of evil. The act does not uphold law and good, it increases the amount of law and good there is to uphold.

"And wouldn't bursting through the door, knocking away anything that came in your range of vision, and then digging a tunnel down four levels into a cell more of a chaotic act?"

Reasonably chaotic, yes. But chaotic in the pursuit of good. Besides, I did give prior warning of my intent; planned actions are less chaotic.

Realizing that the AMENites have stopped trying to demoralize him and are now figuring out the logistics of dragging him off and torturing him, SurlySeraph stands up. He cracks his remaining set of knuckles against his side and puts his fist up. Open the door, you cowards! I fear neither death nor torture! You may take me alive, but you'll never take me cooperative! Off-balance due to his heavy armor and missing arm, Surly gets into a wobbly fighting stance.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-23, 09:38 PM
Ignoring Draken, Moon Called continues to stare blankly ahead, her hands curling into fists. "Damn, damn, d-" Ow. No thinking. Her head hurt.

Sapphire sighs, waiting for Shas to get back on.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 09:40 PM
"Leave him in the cell, he's funny to watch." Regina pulls up a chair with telekinesis, and sits over it, floating, watching Seraph.

Saurous
2007-11-23, 09:41 PM
"Dear gods, I can hear Surly shouting down in the dungeon. I never knew a paladin could be so loud and high-pitched."

Saurous sighs, and wonders why he hears Surly ranting, rather than screaming in pain.

Draken
2007-11-23, 09:43 PM
Draken looks at Surly and throws an orb of acid at the floor of the cell.

Well, we can always humiliate you. So you should better start dancing or your feet will melt.

He throws another Acid Orb, but this one goes to Surly's foot.

And another, another, more Acid Orbs fly.

Oh, right, Acid Orbs are Conjuration spells, they allow no save, the substances they create are mundane and unnafected by the AMF.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 09:47 PM
Seraph isn't in an AMF, he's in a feedback field. I don't know about energies already formed on the outside of it, though, I guess it functions like an AMF...

Still, him moving his feet to dodge does generate kinetic energy, with is also refocused at him in a very painful way.

So, he's damned by those spells no matter what.

2007-11-23, 09:49 PM
If he's in the dungeons, as he seems to be, SurlySeraph will find he has a visitor. A slightly dingy, green visitor in an off-white jacket and wearing a mishapen black hat. He picks his teeth with something metallic as he paces in front of SurlySeraph.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you, Surly? There you are, losin' blood and barely on yer feet, and still you babble about your moral righteousness and whatnot. You should be at home, in bed, or in a hospital getting your wounds treated. It... well, it pains me to see you this way."

Fullbladder turns away, casually tossing his toothpick behind him, towards Surly. It is, in fact, a key. A shiny, acid-proof key that would, if used on the proper lock, unlock a dungeon cell. Now, why would that be in someone's teeth? Ah well.

Fullbladder moves off, into the darkness before him.

This would have been a good time to type faster.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 09:52 PM
Regina is still sitting there, and sees the obvious attempt at freeing her captured. Fullbladder beware...

Regina uses a small bit of telekinesis tug to pull the key right beyond Surly's reach of the cell.

2007-11-23, 09:55 PM
Fullbladder probably realizes this, which is why he's still mucking about in the shadows.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-23, 09:57 PM
Hmmm... the way I interpret it, only spells directed against the cell are blocked. So... Resist Acid! SurlySeraph shouts.

No longer distracted by the fact that he is ankle-deep in acid, Surly manages to pay enough attention to the outside world to pull Fullbladder's key into the cell with his remaining hand. Yes, even though it's physically beyond his reach. It's a monk thing. Evil always holds the key to its own defeat! Because it's a key. Literally and figuratively. Which would make it amusing, if my training hadn't removed my sense of humor. Anyway... Surly slots the key into the lock and opens the door. He then charges Regina and attempts to dropkick him/her/it with his acid-drenched feet.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 10:02 PM
^. ALL Spells are reflected back painfully! What don't you get about that? Take a point of damage, the spell fails. And the effort the move things beyond his reach would fail and cause him terrible amounts of pain. Don't use "Special Powers" They will only cause pain. Got it?

Regina pulls out a violin and just plays a sad song.

Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRMPayl0KI&feature=related

Yes, with an Electric Violin.

Draken
2007-11-23, 10:08 PM
And also, nothing short of immunity can ward you from the concentration of acid Draken creates, it is very strong acid.

2007-11-23, 10:11 PM
Fullbladder's eyes glow palely in the darkness behind Regina. Clearly, he's taken off his sunglasses. At length he holds up a small sign with the words "dunt wuree I save u" in glow-in-the-dark letters.

That's when he pulls out a knife and begins to aim at the lock. One in a million shot, the Man Behind the Goblin'd say, if he wasn't OOC. But that just makes it easier for a character, stories being what they are.

At any rate, he's still aiming. He has bad eye-hand coordination, due to a lack of depth perception and an acute near-sightedness remedied only by his prescription sunglasses.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 10:13 PM
"Hm... Fullbladder, if you try to spring him again, you'll be put into a cell right beside him. Sit back, and enjoy the music." Regina floats and twirls as she plays, it impedes people with a demoralizing effect, people start doubting their abilities.

Draken
2007-11-23, 10:16 PM
Regina's music makes Draken doubt her ability to play.

...Eidolon, I need some bandages please.

A small gate opens next to Draken, and guaze begins to fall out of it, Draken stuffs the insides of his helmet with the stuff.

Better.

wadledo
2007-11-23, 10:20 PM
Hearing the noise from downstairs, wadledo begins an acompanyment on da drums.
With an over use of the shiny round things on sticks.
I'm a drummer!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-23, 10:24 PM
"Never expected a Hydra to have any taste in music. Hm... where's Vespe and the rest of the band?" She continues to play a slow and sad song, about those that live, those that will die, and the dead.

Lucid_Archon
2007-11-23, 10:25 PM
Obscura reappears suddenly in the base.

"Oh, hey guys! What I miss while I was having a good old feast with the family?"

2007-11-23, 10:27 PM
"Of course, m'lady. Wouldn't think of it."

Fullbladder kicks a bug in Regina's genral direction before reapplying his sunglasses and melting into the shadows again. Unfortunately this causes him to be subject to gravity, and he spends some time fighting it's pull towards the drain.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-23, 10:42 PM
The past ten seconds of Surly's life are undone. Blood loss always makes him imagine he can do stuff like that. So... it's reflected back, even though it was aimed at myself and not the spell-reflecting surface? Huh, okay. I've always been a bit slow with concepts like that, I failed my non-Euclidean Geometry class. Which is why I'm ankle-deep in acid in a magic cell designed by an insanely powerful insane spellcaster and guarded by various other insanely powerful insane spellcasters, instead of doing something easy like fighting illithids and Elder Gods. Surly strips off his armor and piles it in the acid until it reaches above the surface, then sits on top of the pile. Well, I won't be in any more acid-related mind-dissolving agony until my gear melts, which will take a while given that it's magical. Unless you throw more acid at me, of course. In the meantime, would you like to hear a lecture on why you'll never get away with this?

wadledo
2007-11-23, 10:48 PM
Wadledo, able to hear Surly's rantings from several floors above, begins to play louder.
*CRASH* *BOOM* *BAM* *BAM *CRASH* *CRASH* *BOOM* etc.

2007-11-23, 11:18 PM
Fullbladder, fully bored with gravity, wanders up to the cell and sits down crosslegged in front of it.

"Yes, I would," he says in a monotone, whilst the sunglasses gleam with the expression of a child ready for storytime. "But try to put some emotion into this time. Your inflection is always so drab."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 12:58 AM
"Fullbladder, do you not realize that we have done nothing to this man yet? He, in his foolish tirades has put himself here. In fact, everything he has done so far, has harmed him. If these fools would learn to think about things more than five seconds, they wouldn't be in this mess. I want him to think his way out of this dilemma. So, Goblin Lord, let him get out on his own."

Darius Midnite
2007-11-24, 07:51 AM
Drius (Spelled intentionally) observes the various events through the veil of shadows that festers in the corners of the building, her eyes glowing a cold and dim white in the dark. She waits patiently for Seraph to escape.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 08:01 AM
Shas sees MC go down. Realizing this is his/her chance, he/she puts his/her swords next to MC's neck. If this happens, Shas will wait half a second before saying

I win.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-24, 09:23 AM
MrEdwardNigma finally arrives downstairs.
"Well, that was a long trip. Silly of me not to just teleport, but hey, I'm old fashioned like that. Hey there, Surly. I was coming down here to torture you, but watching you getting drenched in acid sounds like jolly good fun too. Looks like you need some more though"
The wizard pulls a random lever on the wall, pouring more acid into the contraption (cage thingie, whatever) SurlySeraph is in.
"Nothing personal, chap, we're just evil"

Lizard Lord
2007-11-24, 10:42 AM
Oh, it doesn't at all. But it's just and self-sacrificing, which is a Lawful and Good act. It's like how a necromancer does evil things but a demon is made out of evil. The act does not uphold law and good, it increases the amount of law and good there is to uphold.

Oh? You have caused yourssself intenssse pain, forced your allies that may or may not care about you (I wouldn't know for sure) to watch you go through thisss pain, and they now have one lesss ally to put their hopesss of freedom on. All thisss sssso you can claim to have done a lawful good act. No doubt encouraging your alignment makes you feel better on some level, but it doessss nothing for your alliessss. Assss far assss I can tell you care more about your ideasss of law and good then you do about actually saving your comradesss. That isss selfish to sssay the leassst,.

Tell me though, how would you feel if your self-sacrifing for sake of law and good actually doomed your friends?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 10:51 AM
"You raise a good point, Lizard, if his friends stole or back-stabbed, as is dishonorable, would he have to incarcerate them? If they refuse, would he kill them? Kikiki! We don't need to corrupt him, we just need to show him the truth about his friends." Regina says.

Exeson
2007-11-24, 11:57 AM
whistling, Exeson slowly strolls through the base, finding himself a comfy spot he curls up in a ball and proceeds to sleep.

2007-11-24, 12:54 PM
"Fullbladder, do you not realize that we have done nothing to this man yet? He, in his foolish tirades has put himself here. In fact, everything he has done so far, has harmed him. If these fools would learn to think about things more than five seconds, they wouldn't be in this mess. I want him to think his way out of this dilemma. So, Goblin Lord, let him get out on his own."

"Perhaps, but if you'd shut up a moment we might get to here a 'you'll never get away with this' speech, since he promised such. My loyalty to classical villainy obliges me to hear it out. And... well..., might as well enjoy it...."

Lord Magtok
2007-11-24, 01:03 PM
A portal opens, and out of it steps Magtok. He seems unusually healthy and not-dead for someone who just challenged a large group of do-gooders. He also appears to be covered in magical flame.

Would someone please cast a Disjunction or something on me? This fire is getting annoying, and I suspect my brain will explode if my Int stat remains this high for much longer.

Lucid_Archon
2007-11-24, 01:16 PM
"Disjunction, then."

Obscura removes the flames from Magtok.

Lord Magtok
2007-11-24, 01:21 PM
Thanks.

Magtok turns away, heading to the prison after an NPC tells him of an upcoming "You won't get away with this!" speech.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-24, 01:32 PM
CP goes down to the dungeon and Curly nips over to HALO for some stuff.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-24, 02:51 PM
"You guys wanna hear him speech? Ah, c'mon, I was looking forward to hearing him scream! You can't do both at the same time, you know"

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 02:58 PM
"Guys, I'm performing an Experiment here, go torture Darkblade and leave the paladin to torture himself." Regina says, "So, Paladin, do you want to play a game for your freedom; There will be Cake." She says, a little too fake with her bright and cheery voice. Kind of like GLaDOS.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-24, 03:09 PM
The wizard shrugs.
"Torturing Darkblade it is then!"
He walks over to the jail Darkblade is being held in and starts administering electrical shocks at regular intervals.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 03:39 PM
Cake is an unnecessary self-indulgence says Surly, having failed his Knowledge: Video Games check. Freedom is a sufficient motivation to play whatever morbid game you have set up. Of course, it is unlikely that I will actually have to go through with this game because, whether I cooperate or not... you will never get away with this. Surly shifts a little to keep above the rising acid level, then launches into his speech. I don't have epic level spells. I don't have twelve heads. I don't even understand how this cell works, much less how to get out. You have me outsmarted on many, many levels. But there comes a time when intelligence is far less useful than raw power.

As you may have noticed, HALO outnumbers you. If you kill me, they'll just True Resurrect me, and I'll come back and storm this place alongside my comrades. Nothing you can do to me will last, and I will personally repay any harm you do to me seven times over. And then each and every member of HALO will do the same. Even if they don't get a chance to bring me back to life, the next time HALO attacks you, there'll be a particularly angry angel supporting them. Killing me won't make me gone, it'll just make me angrier.
It gets worse for you. There are quite a few gods who owe me personal favors. If I kill any of you, odds are your resurrection will be blocked. Wee Jas and Kelemvor may be death gods in separate multiverses, but my death won't go unavenged in either. Speaking of vengeance, how would you like a Crusade of St. Cuthbert knocking down your door? By the time the Church armies are finished, all of your heads will be on pikes - twelve pikes for Draken, psychic pikes for Regina's different personalities, but all of your heads will be on pikes - and this place'll be turned into a courthouse. Sure you can kill thousands of their troops, but eventually you'll run out of spells. They will never, ever stop coming for you in the name of justice. You'll be drowned in a sea of cudgels.

And then there's Pelor and Heironeous. Imagine having a sun implanted behind each of your eyelids and never going blind - forever. And that doesn't even begin to describe how the Virtue of the Light feels. Sure you can hold off a god or two for a few days, but you can't hold them off forever. You cannot flee so far that they cannot find you. They will find you, they will kill you, and you will not come back to life. You won't even get to go to the Abyss - you might be able to work your way up the demonic hierarchy there. You won't even get to become vestiges. No, you'll just be withered husks bobbing in a sea of burning light forever. When you have incurred the wrath of my protectors, there is no escape, there is no shelter, there is no forgiveness. Your only hope is to not anger them in the first place. Release me, and you may be destroyed in this world. But at least you won't go to eternal torment in the next. This world is but a drop as to the ocean that is eternity. Release me - being more than a cinder in the next world is worth a few years of fighting in this one.

If you open the cell, you have nothing to lose and nothing to fear. I won't raise a hand against any of you - not today, not until your actions are so egregious that I must intervene for good to be done. When that day comes, we can fight in honorable combat. If you win then, you win; if you are defeated, you go on to your hard-earned afterlife and most likely a quick resurrection. But if you kill me now, in days to come you will be destroyed in every way that it is possible to be destroyed, and even some that are fundamentally impossible. Choose now.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-24, 03:49 PM
Shas sees MC go down. Realizing this is his/her chance, he/she puts his/her swords next to MC's neck. If this happens, Shas will wait half a second before saying

I win.

((Huh. Coulda sworn I'd replied to this earlier.))

Glaring up at Shas, Moon Called's lips compress into a grim line, painfuly aware of the cold line of metal resting against her neck. Finaly, she speaks. "You are the victor. As agreed, you may return to your base."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 03:51 PM
"Okay, then we'll turn you into undead." Regina says calmly, "Not only does all that crap about True ressurection and 'God's favor' become worthless, it also means that the angel on HALO's side will be a ghoul on ours. Does that sound like a better solution?

"On top of that, HALO doesn't out-number AMEN, and any attempt at an invasion of AMEN will ultimately lead your allies to one of these cells. So, don't get smart with me, Justice will be payed. Idiots are to be punished for not understanding the consequences of their actions, the only Law I can choose to follow are the laws of nature, or more subsequently put, Survival of the Fittest. That is to say, kill or be killed, the survivors win the victory of having their line spread another generation."

"So, yeah, AMEN has an open door defense system. Our defenses aren't designed to keep you out, but rather to teach you that you don't want to come in. So, I have a long series of games for you. I want you to know, straight off the bat, that nothing you encounter will be an illusion. The people you meet will be real. Got it?

Lord Magtok
2007-11-24, 03:59 PM
Magtok stares in fear, and then hears Rex's response and relaxes.

That was impressive, Seraph. You had me genuinely terrified for a moment. Never thought paladins were allowed to use fear and intimidation and stuff.

The cyborg then turns away, and heads back to his labs to analyze his last battle, and look for HALO weaknesses.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 04:02 PM
SurlySeraph sits thinking for a few seconds, then replies. If you make me undead, I will just use Turn Self until it works. And if you turn me into a low-powered undead to evade that, I'll be so feeble as to be of no use to you. Also, your flippant attitude towards Law and refusal to protect idiots reflect rather badly on your title of "King (or at the moment Queen) of Idiots." Tyrannical punishment of idiots does not allow those strong enough to thrive despite their stupidity to compete on fair terms with the intelligence. And I wouldn't have come here if darkblade wasn't here to be saved. But trying to rebut your arguments won't get me anywhere. Very well, I agree to your games if there is no other way to proceed. Can I get my arm regenerated first?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-24, 04:07 PM
Curly, having made it down to the dungeons in time to hear Surly speech gives him a standing ovation. "That was a marvellous piece of oratory. Unfortunately, one things misses you again and again. Our lack of death. But that was a truly beautiful piece of intimidatory speech. Wel worth the wait." Then Curly turns to Maggy. "I saved most of the experimental stuff that they didn't notice. Left it in your lab."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 04:11 PM
"Meh, most of these are scenarios that can involves no violence to solve at all, but if it makes you feel better..." Regina casts a Regenerate spell on Surly. "Rules: The current position and goals of a particular task will be presented to you at the beginning of the Scenario. Upon being put to a point where you cannot possibly achieve the goal, you will be teleported back and healed to try again. You will notice that anyone you kill will be replaced on your next go through: I want to reassure you that the people in these scenarios are real, and that Murdering, Deceiving, or otherwise doing dishonorable things may cost you your paladinship: A Necessary sacrifice for the overall good, right?" She says.

"Now, if you are ready to proceed, I will give you your first task."

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 04:17 PM
Gladly. Too bad there's no one to cast Atonement if I fall... In any case, let us proceed. I fear no challenge.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 04:27 PM
"You don't get it, Atonement doesn't work if you know your action is bad For example, my first task, stolen straight from Dominic Deegan:"

The current scene fades out, and Surly finds himself in an Orcish Village. Everything looks like it's paused.

"The current scene: Here is an innocent Orcish Girl, she is going to be punished for her father's crimes. Your goal is to keep her alive. You know under Orcish law, which is very chauvinistic, that if she was claimed by a husband, she would not be punished. What do you do?" The Scene unpauses.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 04:44 PM
Surly walks up to whichever male orc looks like he's presiding. You! Leave the girl. There's a human who wants her. She's going with me. If you want gold to make up for the crime, I will give you some of my master's gold. But the girl has to come with me.

wadledo
2007-11-24, 04:46 PM
A drum roll acompanys the orcs responce.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 04:49 PM
The orc punches him. "Don't speak down to me Human." He says, the girl however seems terrified that a foreign invader wants to take her, to probably do more horrid things than death. They continue dragging the girl, kicking and screaming to the chopping block.

wadledo
2007-11-24, 04:52 PM
*Badam* *Crash*
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 05:18 PM
Hey! Surly shouts. He runs over to the chopping block and stands between it and the girl. The girl is worth very much to my master. He wants her as a wife. If you kill her, he will attack this village. He will bring elves. He will bring paladins, the ones who would kill your children just because they are orcs. He will burn everything. If you treat the girl as if she was already my master's wife and let her go to him, what is the worst that could happen? He will give the village a great dowry to make up for her crime - gold, axes, the best swords. If you fear that the gods will mark you as unjust if you release you, he will give you cattle to sacrifice to them. If you put off punishment for a day, your village will become a great power the next day. If you punish her now, it will be no stronger today and much weaker the next day. Let me take the girl to my master, and I will return with what I have promised. In the meantime, take this to show I speak truth. SurlySeraph drops a bag of gold on the ground. You will have many times that if the girl goes with me. What do you say to that?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 05:49 PM
"Human, you think I'm dumb? There are now strong human lands around here that would threaten us, and even less that would have scum like that girl." But he smiles at the pouch of gold. "Hm... Alright... Guard, capture the human as well and pillage his possession, we can hold him for ransom from his land."

The guards approach, wielding heavy Axes, the girl is still being dragged to the chopping block.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 06:11 PM
You're not dumb. But maybe you aren't smart enough to know when you're in danger. SurlySeraph summons his paladin mount, a heavy warhorse. He then hits the orc with a stunning punch to the forehead and starts running towards the girl with the horse.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 06:23 PM
And the other sixteen orcs tackle him and start slashing at him with Axes and stuff. Can't expect to take out the entire orc Village and survive.

Anyways, having failed the mission, Surly finds himself back at start with everything paused, except for himself, and the black and red clothed girl, who's sitting weightlessly on top of one of the Tents.

"O! Did I say she must survive? I meant, no Orc must be harmed in the process. Probably help you out. By the way, there's an interesting rule about that marriage thing, it's only if the person wishing to marry the girl proclaims it before he sentence is carried out, can't send a messenger. Part of their beliefs or something...." The little demon says, "Remember, threats and idle promises will get you no where. And kicking down the door will fail you your mission." Though through her entire Rant, Surly can wander around and look at things, he'll find he can't move anything, when she finishes, Surly blinks back to the starting location, and everything is played again.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-24, 06:24 PM
"Great speech, Surly. Truly an oratory masterpiece. Pity your comback on the undead thing didn't quite make sense. Also, I've pretty much found a good way of hurting you. I'll just contiçnue torturing Darkblade here, the guy you were going to free. It's always fun watching the good guys squeal as their friends are tortured. I know you won't be able to witness the torturing due to that illusion that isn't really an illusion Regina has got you in, but just remember the fun me and your pall darkblade are having while you're there, all right?"

MrEdwardNigma then dusts off the thumbscrews he found in some closet in the AMEN base and applies them to Darkblade.
"Never tried these on someone before, but I've always been a renaissance man" He then tries out his evil laugh.
"Still too much like a cackle, isn't it? Oh, well..."

Saurous
2007-11-24, 06:32 PM
SurlySeraph sits thinking for a few seconds, then replies. If you make me undead, I will just use Turn Self until it works. And if you turn me into a low-powered undead to evade that, I'll be so feeble as to be of no use to you.

Saurous chuckles at this.

"Ohhhhhh, there are ways of making a mindless yet powerful undead. There are many ways."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 06:34 PM
"Saurous, can you explain to me how Turn Self works when your god has turned their back on you for being a monstrosity?"

Saurous
2007-11-24, 06:40 PM
"It doesn't. I'm not even sure you could Turn yourself, even if your deity didn't abandon you."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 08:27 PM
Shas looks with contempt down at MC.
Goodbye, AMENite.
Shas slashes with her swords, very likely disembowling MC. He will then plane shift to a plane where time passes more quickly, before reappearing in the AMEN base.
Her arm looks good as new, and his wing has regrown. She runs downstairs to rescue Darkblade, his lover.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 08:31 PM
"Well, the first thing you do when freed is to run back to your cell. Wow! You guys are really smart, I want to be just lke you." Her voice continues to be monotonous as she watches the being run to the cells.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 09:07 PM
Shas starts flying, since she can fly faster then he can walk.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 09:13 PM
Than who can walk?
There isn't anyone who adopts a male designation following her, nor is there a person trailing her on foot.

Regina hovers around Shas, matching her speed no matter what.

"I'll offer you and your boyfriend a walk out, without resistance, but I ask for something in return."

Mr. Moon
2007-11-24, 09:14 PM
Moon Called grunts as the blade slices her tummy, but fourtunitly not deep to actualy kill. "Cowerd," She mutters, before dragging herself off to the infirmery.

Saurous
2007-11-24, 09:17 PM
Moon Called grunts as the blade slices her tummy, but fourtunitly not deep to actualy kill. "Cowerd," She mutters, before dragging herself off to the infirmery.

SP looks over this post and groans.

"Oh my god, are you drunk or something, Saphire? 'Cowerd' has an 'a' in it. 'Fourtunitly' is spelled 'fortunately'. 'Infirmery' is spelled 'infirmary'. Tummy?"

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 09:19 PM
Shas shouts back to MC

Not a coward, just doing my job!

To Regina

What is this favor you ask for?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 09:23 PM
"Well, I've been working on a new spell, that helps people grow in power vastly, but it requires a little bit of people. Just a useless part, a tiny, insignificant part of a person, that is more commonly called, a 'soul.' Granted, you may need it now, but when you die, it will just go to waste."

Shas aia Toriia
2007-11-24, 09:26 PM
I (don't) apologize, but us upper beings are 100% soul. If I gave you taht, I would be commiting eternal suiside.

Saurous
2007-11-24, 09:27 PM
Saurous shouts after Shas.

"How the hell can a celestial creature be Neutral? And trying to slice someone's guts out after she surrenders? How are you a hero again?"

The necromancer groans, a walks over to a closet to get a blood mop.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 09:31 PM
"Don't worry, your soul will be mine. Judging by the Lawful Stupid way you Mikos keep invading my base, you'll be under my total control." She speeds way up and disappears out of sight.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-11-24, 09:42 PM
Vespe walks in. Hey everyone? I've been working on my Star Power moves for the concert. Let me know what you think.
Vespe pulls out an electric guitar and plays a bit. Suddenly the words "STAR POWER READY" appear in mid-air, and Vespe tosses his guitar into the air, catches it on his finger and spins it around, setting it on fire somehow. However, this results in the entire base catching on fire.

Vespe runs outside. Less gasoline next time.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 09:51 PM
SurlySeraph sighs in annoyance. Fine, looks like I was supposed to go about this the straightforward way after all. Soon as the world unpauses, I'll declare myself the orc girl's husband and ride off with her. But I'm damn well not breaking my vow of chastity with an orc, got it?

Saurous
2007-11-24, 09:53 PM
Saurous calmly saunters out of the building, his hands in his pockets. As he leaves the burning base, it is suddenly sucked down into the ground. A few minutes later, it then spews back up, completely rebuilt and no longer on fire. The people inside at the moment of collapse also come back up with it, completely unharmed.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 09:58 PM
"You'll have to, the orcs will check. Or is your Vow more important than innocent lives?" Rexina says, appearing in front of the Paladin. "Hm... Ends Never justify the means. I can see that we'll be stuck in this puzzle for a long, long time. Would you like to go back to your cell then?"

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 10:08 PM
Thrice-damned pervert orcs. Alright, I'll break my oath, I can do without my Exalted feats if you were telling the truth when you said there wouldn't be any violence in these tests. I'll just wear a hairshirt and cilice for the next two years, that'll be enough penance.

@V: "Often chaotic evil." It's not racism if they do tend to be evil.

Lord Magtok
2007-11-24, 10:08 PM
From within the labs, Magtok snickers.

The paladin is a racist. Who would've guessed?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 10:13 PM
Same set-up, if he does as he says, and rapes the girl: Forever having the image of her struggling under him, and him overpowering her in his head, then the task goes smoothly, and it's onto the next one.

Anon. and on
2007-11-24, 10:23 PM
A single gold coin falls out of nothingness to land on the library floor. AMEN will wish that they had noticed it later on.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 10:26 PM
Couldn't I have made a Diplomacy check to convince her that this was for her own good? Or given her some kind of love potion? Bah, it's follow the path you've picked out or sit in my cell listening to darkblade being tortured, and this way at least I might eventually be able to make myself useful. Bring me to your next lesson, Regina.

Lucid_Archon
2007-11-24, 10:29 PM
"Did anyone just feel as if a thousand identities cried out, only to be silenced by facelessness? Just me? Oh, and Rex, I need to talk to you about the prisoner. Privately."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 10:34 PM
"She's quite out of her mind and hysterical by that point."

Rexina says, as the world fades over to a Prison. Everyone is in Cells, The warden comes, and calls Surly out, it's in cutscene mode, for now. They lead him down the halls with cages and cells of mothers, children, and men, all shaggy and starved: It's a concentration camp.

The Warden leads Surly out to a Hangman's block. On a Log, with a Noose around his neck is a little boy. Next to Him, there's a little girl.

The "Warden" speaks with Rexina's voice: "Here we have it, the boy's a scamp, he snuck out of his cell one night and stole a bit of his food and shared it with the girl. For that he should die, but the girl, knowing it was Stolen food, chose to partake in it anyways, and for that, she should die. I give you the Choice. Kick out one of the logs, kill one of the children, and the other will be freed, if you choose not to, I will kill them both."

SurlySeraph
2007-11-24, 10:38 PM
I kill the boy, since he's the one who actively broke the rules. They're both entirely innocent and their deaths are unjust, but his death is marginally less unjust.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-24, 10:40 PM
"Well, go kick out the block."

Then turns her attention to Lucid, "What is it?"