PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Easily printable resource for wild shape?

FlawedParadigm
2019-12-16, 07:15 PM
Without access to a scanner, is there a resource available for me to print out some wild shape cards for my nine-year-old's Druid?

Lupine
2019-12-16, 08:29 PM
Well, perhaps the easiest way would be for the child to draw her wild shapes on some cardstock.

Failing that, I don't see why you couldn't copy some images of bears and stuff (Line drawings will probably be best), and print those out.

On that note, You'll probably want to build in an appropriately sized base, if you're using grid squares.

FlawedParadigm
2019-12-16, 08:30 PM
I meant printing out the stat blocks, not minis. Which reminds me, now that I'm running a game again I should actually get paper and ink to print out A Monster for Every Season. :p

J-H
2019-12-16, 10:08 PM
Go to one of the online OGL-carriers like Roll20 and copy statblocks into a Word document. Fix the font, double-spacing, lines, and other formatting issues, and set them at Font size 10. You should be able to get 4-8 per page if you use 2 columns.

Finback
2019-12-16, 10:33 PM
Go to one of the online OGL-carriers like Roll20 and copy statblocks into a Word document. Fix the font, double-spacing, lines, and other formatting issues, and set them at Font size 10. You should be able to get 4-8 per page if you use 2 columns.

Building off that, if you have access to printing labels, you can print them and just stick them to cheap cardstock, or buy a bunch of cheap Magic cards (chaff commons, the heroes we didn't know we needed) and stick them onto there.

Actually, there's an idea. Find common Magic cards with similar creatures (eg Grizzly Bears, a common green card) and then stick the text box onto that.

J-H
2019-12-16, 11:49 PM
For use at the table, I take a bunch of images from image search engines, and scale them appropriately on a spreadsheet set to a 1x1 grid. I can print as many tokens/images for any enemy as I think I'll need. They are flat, but it's a lot cheaper than 150 minis.

FlawedParadigm
2019-12-17, 10:36 AM

Roll20 worked great thanks.