PDA

View Full Version : Can you critique my Splatbook Cover?

Bortasz
2019-12-17, 04:17 AM
https://imgur.com/a/pKIkA89
I try to choose best option. Also on mobiles it is very dark.

Eldan
2019-12-17, 08:32 AM
Option one, I think it looks better with the text on a dark background instead of directly on the picture. That said, I'd consider adding a second frame or a simple logo or something around the title, just so it doesn't look quite as plain. Maybe a shade lighter on the text, but not quite the bright neon green of the later ones, that's too bright for me.

Unavenger
2019-12-17, 08:42 AM
I actually think the text on top of the background looks more legible than having the border one. It's easiest to see what's going on in the fourth one.

DeTess
2019-12-17, 08:52 AM
I think the first one is nice, or the fourth one, but adjusted to have your name in a darker green, similar to the title. The neon-green of your name on the various other covers looks a bit off.

Bortasz
2019-12-17, 09:27 AM
Option one, I think it looks better with the text on a dark background instead of directly on the picture. That said, I'd consider adding a second frame or a simple logo or something around the title, just so it doesn't look quite as plain. Maybe a shade lighter on the text, but not quite the bright neon green of the later ones, that's too bright for me.

This is amazing, because most of feedback I get on Reddit was that it is to dark. That's why I make brighter version.
You mean add something like this: https://isa.pl/isadmin/pic/p575_normal.jpg ?

Bortasz
2019-12-17, 09:28 AM
I actually think the text on top of the background looks more legible than having the border one. It's easiest to see what's going on in the fourth one.

Thank you for feedback! So you prefer picture on full page option.

Bortasz
2019-12-17, 09:34 AM
I think the first one is nice, or the fourth one, but adjusted to have your name in a darker green, similar to the title. The neon-green of your name on the various other covers looks a bit off.

I was getting so many "To dark" feedback that I may go overboard with brighthnes of the text. Will fix it!

Peelee
2019-12-17, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's too dark at all; the first one is the best, but I agree having some sort of backing plate for the title to go over would look better.

Other than that, it looks fantastic!

Bortasz
2019-12-17, 10:57 AM
I don't think it's too dark at all; the first one is the best, but I agree having some sort of backing plate for the title to go over would look better.

Other than that, it looks fantastic!

Thanks. It was made by my sister. And I'm really proud of it.

Bortasz
2019-12-19, 03:03 AM
https://imgur.com/a/X6P6kWV
Another (Helpfully the last one) attempt at making Cover. Pleas do not advice to hire a professional. I'm saving money for an editor.
Also, I'm looking for beta readers. The book is almost finished and I need other people to read through it. I'm looking for people who will write me longer feedback.
If by any chance you are an Angel, willing to check for mistakes in writing please tell me.
Book have Following Chapters.
1. Theology (Origin Story)
2. Biology
3. Psychology
4. Tribe Structure (Sociology)
5. Kobolds and Other races.
6. Kobolds as Adventurers
7. Equipment, Feats and Spells
8. Examples of Tribes.
9. Example NPC (In writing)

Eldan
2019-12-19, 06:19 AM
Definitely number two. Reddish background works better with the green writing, I think, but the red corners are a bit much.

Bortasz
2019-12-19, 06:34 AM
Definitely number two. Reddish background works better with the green writing, I think, but the red corners are a bit much.

Thanks for feedback. Can I ask you what you think about color of the egg and Kobold in it (Comparing the 2 and 4 ones)? Does more intense color of the egg are better?

Eldan
2019-12-19, 08:52 AM
I think I prefer the slightly paler egg, but I'm fine either way.

myrtlerankind
2020-01-23, 07:30 AM
There is no image following the link

Sermil
2020-01-24, 02:38 AM
It seems slightly odd to have both your online handle and your name, especially since your online handle is just your first name. Are you selling this to lots of people who would know you specifically as Bortasz and would buy the book because of that?

(Ignore if you've sold lots of books with "Bortasz" as the author. I'm just assuming this is your first or second book.)

Just a thought.