PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Campaign Journal and Battle Royale for the God of my Universe

Drache64
2019-12-17, 02:09 PM
I often think no one will care about my ramblings but then I see people post their own and others actually care, so here it goes:

Had recently wrapped up a series of campaigns that all happened in my universe across 4 different player groups.

Each campaign lasted a few years and most of the time got a group of players up to level 20. I have moved states and before I bid all my old player adieu I had them finally fight and destroy the BBEG that was in every campaign as the God of the universe.

The way I run gods is as super powerful entities that have immense power, most of the old gods like Pelor and Erathis are primordial Titans.

The chronological history was Primordial Elementals ruled everything, then the Titans arose, discovered magic and made legendary items and considered themselves gods. They created the Angels then they created the races etc.

BUT the true omnipotent deities are two brothers with no true names known but they are the essence of Hero and Villany (The two sides of the DM, one who wants them to succeed and tell a great tale, and the other that always challenges them).

For a brief moment I relinquished the reigns to my world and created a character. Then that DM didn't work out and I took over as DM, what this created was an incarnation of Villainy upon the world as my character became the BBEG of the campaign. This took place across 3.5 and pathfinder so my character was a Thrall Herd Psion Elan.

An orc shaman known as Vorrukash was discovered by the psychic Elan empire, the orc was abducted, perfected, and emerged no longer as Vorrukash, but as Vile the Elan Thrallherd Psion Telepath. He went back to his orc tribe but they rejected him, so he used his Thrallherd powers to enslave the hapless orcs. But that wasn't enough, he soon enslaved all the orcs and eventually all the beats kingdoms.

The players arose, assembled an army and defeated vile, banishing him to a lost forest.

Next campaign:
A group of players travel to a city where chimeras are arising from the underdark, they follow the source to find Vile has been having a conclave of Drow wizards and sorcerers make the perfect chimera body, only to have Vile true mindswitch into them granting him epic mental stats and epic physical stats mixed with supernatural and racial abilities.

The players band together, hunt Vile down and slay him in his chimera Body, but were unaware of his astral seed which allowed him to regrow.

Last Campaign: 5e
Vile has regrown his physical form from his Astral seed and has gone about mind switching to make himself a god-like entity. He has discovered a way to travel the astral sea and has not only been plaguing the multiverse, but has also been spreading his corruption using Mind Seed to create versions of himself across universes. Those Mind Seeded individuals have also been using Mind Seed to create other versions of themselves. Vile has corrupted the multiverse to such an extent he is now considered a cosmic necessity and vital to the fabric of reality.

A group of adventurers stumble across a demilich named Mortis who is interested in stopping Vile and equipping the Party with the means to eradicate all traces of him. He ushers in a child named Vorrukash. This small orc boy had mind seed cast on him while he was still in the Womb, this allowed him to be born as Vile, but also to grow up with his own unique personality. The Plan is to follow a Gunslinger named Gaunt across the multiverse, hunting down and killing shards of Vile as they seek the true source, the goal is to slay Vile in his true form and allow the child Vorrukash to replace Vile, thus killing him while also satisfying the cosmic necessity and maintaining the fabric of reality (in theory...).

At the end of the campaign a moon loomed over the prime world of the multiverse, but this moon turned out to be Vile, mind switched with a sentient cosmic moon sized entity. Mortis gives the party a helm of mind shielding, which can protect one of them from Vile's mental abilities. The group is teleported to the moon's surface. There they travel to the interior of the moon to kill Vile. Vile is forced to manifest himself in physical form to deal with the intruders. Somewhere in the fight, the Bard slaps the helm of Mind shielding on Vile cutting him off from his own mental network. The party then slays Vile and his mind is unnable to transfer it's essence as it is trapped by the helm.

Finally, once and for all, the real Vile is slain... However, since Vile was really Villainy incarnate, the party just slew half of the omnipotent godhead and the multiverse implodes.

Next Campaign: 5e.
This campaign takes place in the mind of the Child Vorrukash as a dream. The heroes who led him to Vile in the final confrontation are legendary heroes in this world who seem to all people to have always existed. The party keeps coming across this small orc boy, not knowing he is the sleeper and the dream is his.

Outside the mind of Vorrukash his body hangs listlessly adrift in space... The multiverse in ruins and the cosmos prime to be recreated. There, over the sleeping body stands Hero, the brother of Villainy. He and his brother never saw eye to eye, but Villany is necessary if stories are to be told. three other entities still exist, Mortis the demilich had survived in his own demiplane. There was also Corvus Vile, a shard of vile mind seeded into a Goliath who uncovered the truth about Vile as Villainy, and had become the God of knowledge and eternity in his own demiplane. And finally and entity who now only refers to himself as Vile, it was an Orc named Chezem, who once worshipped the real Vile as an Orc deity, amused by him, Vile cast mind seed on this orc and allowed him to rise to his full potential, he is a perfect recreation of Vile with no limits on power.

Hero transports these 4 entities together and allows them to compete to replace his brother, a pathfinder Demilich, a pathfinder Psion, and two 5e Mystics.

preparations are allowed and initiative is rolled shortly after.
The two mystics team up realizing they will need to kill the pathfinder characters first since they are very outclassed.
with Precognition as a focus and using the power danger sense for +10 to initiative, the Mystics went first.
Corvus the Goliath uses Giant Form to grow large, he then uses Energy Beam to deal a good ammount of Fire damage to Vile.

Vorrukash uses mind storm to give Vile 34 points of psychic damage and disadvantage on all saves until the next round.

Vile's turn. His mind is under a permanent and perfected Schism which allows him to manifest powers from his second mind with no draw backs.
Vile's second mind uses Mind Control with a boosted DC on Corvus. Corvus fails and is mind controlled by Vile.
Vile then uses Fusion to touch Corvus and fuse themselves into one perfect being named Corvile who is every perfect combination of a level 20 5e Mystic and a level 20 Pathfiner Psion. complete with the wondrous items of both characters.

Mortis' turn, he uses wail of the banshiee to deal 200 damage to Vorrukash and Corvile. Vorrukash is dropped unconscious. Corvile uses surge of health ability to halve the damage and stones endurance to reduce the damage further by a d12.

top of the round.

Vorrukash saves 1 death saving throw.

Corvile uses his schism'd mind to cast Reality Revision and disintigrate Mortis's Helm of Mind Shield, but Mortis saves against the DC.
Corvile then uses his action to Cast Reality Revision and Disintigrate Mortis' helm again. This time Mortis fails and loses his Mental immunities.

Mortis uses wail of the banshee again and kills Vorrukash Outright, and deals 200 damage to Corvile.

Round 3:
Corvile's Schism'd mind uses Mind Control on Mortis. Mortis Fails
Corvile uses Fusion on Mortis creating a new entity called Morvis Vile, which is every perfect feature stolen and combined into a perfect Pathfinder Demilich, a Pathfinder Psion, and a 5e Mystic Immortal.

Round 4:
Morvis Vile's Schism'd mind uses reality revision to make his form permanent.
Morvis Vile then uses Reality Revision to eradicate the lingering conscious of Mortis and Corvus, now there is only Morvis Vile.

In the new world, fashioned together by Hero and Morvis Vile, the two step brothers of the godhead, Morvis Vile settles amongst the lesser deities in the guise of Vecna, the ascended, while Hero moves on to find the next group of adventurers, inspiring them to live the next great story...

Just thought I'd write all this out and throw it on here for anyone interested. At most it's a link I can give my old players so they can see where the universe went after they all finished up.