PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence based Warlock

MustaKrakish
2019-12-18, 03:55 AM
One of my players asked me if her Warlock could use Intelligence rather then Charisma as their main attribute. And I must say that I am not versed enough in the rules to understand if it will break anything. RP-wise I can't see any problem with it. But I just don't want it to bite us in the behind later on, because of some unforeseen interactions with the rules or something like that.

What do you guys say?

JoeJ
2019-12-18, 04:11 AM
One of my players asked me if her Warlock could use Intelligence rather then Charisma as their main attribute. And I must say that I am not versed enough in the rules to understand if it will break anything. RP-wise I can't see any problem with it. But I just don't want it to bite us in the behind later on, because of some unforeseen interactions with the rules or something like that.

What do you guys say?

You'd probably get better answers if you post this in the subforum for whichever game system you'll be playing (I'm guessing some version of D&D?) You can ask the mods to move it for you.

MustaKrakish
2019-12-18, 04:12 AM
Yep.. it was a mistake. I didn't notice I posted on the wrong forums. Sorry.

JoeJ
2019-12-18, 04:15 AM
Yep.. it was a mistake. I didn't notice I posted on the wrong forums. Sorry.

No worries, it happens. And like I said, the mods will move it for you if you ask.

Spore
2019-12-18, 04:24 AM
I've seen a few of these threads in the last weeks, and I think I remember the consensus was, that it won't break anything and that the playtest material tried intelligence as a primary stat. Besides, intelligence was easily the worst stat on the sheet. Unless the DM throws you a few knowledge checks to ease up a few encounters or makes guiding through their campaign faster and easier with these checks. And yeah, investigation is also a thing (which many DMs circumvent by using perception).

GrayDeath
2019-12-18, 09:57 AM
Assuming you mean in 3.5/x/p: Did that, doesnt break anything, but does make the Warlock worse at utilizing Magic Items not meant for him (meaning unless you also change the skills Ability^^).
Aside from that, it changes the feel mostly. Instead of a suave/domineering/Impressive Guy who made a pact with Something for Power because sadly he wasnt a Sorcerer, you have a bookworm who didnt have the will to stay a wizard. ^^

LibraryOgre
2019-12-19, 11:51 AM
The Mod Ogre: Closed without prejudice; reopen, if you haven't, in the appropriate subforum.