PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Adventure

Wuzza
2019-12-18, 12:04 PM
Driving home today, I thought it would be fun to insert a Christmas themed portion to my adventure, as kind of a festive one-shot.

Monsters have kidnapped Papa Tinterclaus, meaning a small villages children don't get any presents.

I'm thinking of the final encounter as a giant snowman (a la Tinder Snowflake from Borderlands 2 if anyone has played it)

Players may even get a Holiday wish, loot, feat, extra spell etc.

Jump in with ideas. :)

Peelee
2019-12-18, 12:07 PM
I vote you shamelessly rip off the greatest Xmas character ever:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/a7/d9/10a7d9dc9e3f899e944cfc8478c3f679.jpg

Millstone85
2019-12-18, 12:50 PM
Papa Tinderclaus' little helpers are rock gnomes, but are commonly referred to as Tindermas elves.

This has been a great annoyance to actual elves.

Brookshw
2019-12-18, 10:26 PM
How deep you want to go? Yeti/Abominable Snowman, misfit toys clockwork creatures or various Eberron constructs, candy cane healing potions, mistletoe that acts as a dominate person spell for kissing, a workshop, nightmares twisted flying reindeer? Carolers who can enchant with their songs? Three ghosts that go around possessing people and make them give away all their possessions? Krumpus? Sled races/escapes? Snowballs made of holy water/snow to battle evil xmas spirits?

tKUUNK
2019-12-18, 11:34 PM
maybe a few of these Tindermas Elves escaped capture, and quickly build custom-made bionic attachments or machines to aid the party in the rescue attempt.

example attachments / machines:

laser scope (improve ranged attacks)
rocket skis (speed 40' on snow)
mechanical exploding penguins (a la Disgaea)
Reindeer whistle (calls and possibly commands all reindeer within 150')
Heat Gun (pick a fire-based cantrip?)
Ice-Grappling Gun (special crossbow: straps to an arm; shoots up to 60', anchors a spike with rope attached into any solid ice surface, can automatically retract, potentially lifting or dragging the person holding the gun, 300 lbs limit)

I like these gnomes.