PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Characters and gaining XP

Raishoiken
2019-12-19, 04:38 PM
So the fusion power says nothing of what happens to xp gained while in a fused state, either while the power is active (a*:does the fused being gain experience points or does the personality controlling it?) or after (does the xp that would have otherwise been gained by the fused being get split evenly among the constituents or does it evaporate?). Unless someone can find a reason why it wouldn't be, which is actually another thing i'm wondering about, i am assuming that xp is acquirable somehow during this state.
In cases where you could either potentially level up during a battle in which you fuse or could have a prolonged or permanent fusion effect active the answers to some of these questions become important.

If XP is indeed acquirable in this state, who is getting it?
1 -the fused being? if so, does it get split evenly among the constituents when fusion ends?
2 -the one in control of the fused being? If so, if they should level up even though they're inside the fusion, do they anyway? Would the fused being then have to change stats accordingly upon the controller's changes or would that have to wait until following fusions?
3 -both constituents evenly

If 2 or 3, do they get the xp while in the fused state or do they have to wait until after?

Jack_Simth
2019-12-19, 08:33 PM
I'd be inclined to trat it the same as any other buff spell. Don't treat it like it exists. If the two original characters were in the fight, that's how they get xp.

Crichton
2019-12-19, 08:54 PM
I agree with Jack_Simth. If both parties are PCs, they get the same XP as if they'd overcome the encounter without Fusion. If only the manifester is a PC, and he's fusing with an NPC, he still gets the same XP as if he participated with the party in overcoming the encounter via some other means. The encounter was overcome. It's just another power he used to do so.

False God
2019-12-19, 09:04 PM
This is why I always use group XP and don't assign XP on the basis of "kills" or "hits". It's the whole party working together. Fusion is just two party members literally working together.