PDA

View Full Version : More sadness caused by epic insights

Raishoiken
2019-12-20, 02:42 PM
I've always been aware that you weren't allowed to apply a metamagic feat to the same spell more than once, but one of the epic insights pages has a section for introducing the "non stacking metamagic" rule as a variant which confused and excited me. I then rechecked the PHB and of course, the facts was still facts. More big sad.

What aspects of these written-for-3.0 things are we meant to ignore (this case being obvious)? Cases like the afaik [b]non-updated[b/] epic spellsword caps their channeled spells to level 3 until like, 15th level in the class; at which it becomes 4th, epic illithid savant says poopy things, and now this mix-up makes me certain that there are more funky things like this mucking about the epic insights

Biggus
2019-12-20, 07:54 PM
The epic insights compilation came out more or less simultaneously with the first 3.5 books, so anything which was updated in 3.5 will need changing. For most classes it's pretty obvious what the new progression should be.

The later EI articles were still early in 3.5, all except the very last one (Epic Warlock Feats) so most of them will probably need checking against the 3.5 books too.

There are guidelines in the DMG (and CArc etc) for building epic progressions for prestige classes; if there's a mismatch between 3.0 and 3.5, use those to decide how to continue the 3.5 version.