PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed 3.5 Wish spell self hacking

redking
2019-12-21, 05:47 AM
Much has been written about the Wish spell (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm), but here I want to specifically ask about wishes that alter the essential nature of the subject of the wish. From the wish spell itself, we have this as a suggestion -

Grant a creature a +1 inherent bonus to an ability score. Two to five wish spells cast in immediate succession can grant a creature a +2 to +5 inherent bonus to an ability score (two wishes for a +2 inherent bonus, three for a +3 inherent bonus, and so on). Inherent bonuses are instantaneous, so they cannot be dispelled. Note: An inherent bonus may not exceed +5 for a single ability score, and inherent bonuses to a particular ability score do not stack, so only the best one applies.

What else do you suppose it can do for a character? Grant a feat, either permanently or a limited time? A skill bonus? Lets figure out all the ways a wish can alter a character.

RatElemental
2019-12-21, 07:01 AM
The answer to "What can wish do" is "Whatever the DM lets you get away with, or can think of a suitably diabolical way to twist into a negative."

magicalmagicman
2019-12-21, 07:30 AM
Epic Level Handbook has a creature who gained permanent undispellable immunity to cold with a Miracle spell.

False God
2019-12-21, 09:42 AM
Per Savage Species I believe it can turn you into a monster.

But I mean, if you're asking "what else can wish do", the answer is the same as above: ask your DM. The rules lay out what wish can explicitly do. These are things you don't have to ask your DM about. For everything else, there's Masterc..I mean ask your DM.

Feantar
2019-12-21, 10:55 AM
According to an official example, it can switch sorcerer spells (Epic Level Handbook, the Symbul's description).

redking
2019-12-23, 02:01 AM
According to an official example, it can switch sorcerer spells (Epic Level Handbook, the Symbul's description).

I also found this in the Epic Level Handbook.

http://arena.athas.org/uploads/default/original/1X/20905200c90f958c20a69ad54a1c24412dac018e.jpeg