PDA

View Full Version : Quick Lore Question (How Old is MordenKainen)?

DarthArminius
2019-12-24, 02:19 PM
The thread's question is exactly what it says on the tin. How old is Mordenkainen?

lightningcat
2019-12-25, 10:42 AM
The thread's question is exactly what it says on the tin. How old is Mordenkainen?

Best information I can find is actually from Wikipedia. I am shocked as anyone about that.
"Greyhawk authors Carl Sargent, Erik Mona, and Gary Holian imply that Mordenkainen was born 509 CY. His birthplace is unknown, but before coming to prominence in the early 560s, he is thought to have resided on the Wild Coast. He also resided for a time in the City of Greyhawk, as well as Highfolk. He is rumored to be of Oeridian blood, possibly Aerdi. Some claim that he is a descendant of Ganz Yragerne, first Landgraf of the Selintan, which would mean he's also related to Zagig and Heward. According to some sources, he is distantly related to House Cranden, one of the royal houses of the Great Kingdom of Aerdy."

LibraryOgre
2019-12-25, 01:12 PM
Nothing directly to add to LightningCat, though I would note that it is very unlikely that he is physically as old as he is chronologically... potions of youth and the like.