PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Barbarian Path Of The Explorer

JNAProductions
2019-12-27, 02:24 PM
Mobility
At level three, you gain the following benefits when you Rage, provided you are not wearing heavy armo:

-Your movement speed increases by 10'.
-You may, as a reaction to an enemy ending their movement next to you or moving away from you, move up to half your speed. This provokes Attacks of Opportunity as normal, but any such attacks have disadvantage.

Explorer
At level six, you gain a swim speed and a climb speed equal to your land speed.

Superior Mobility
At level ten, your move speed increases by 5'. In addition, you gain these benefits when in a Rage (replacing the earlier ones), provided you are not wearing heavy armor:

-Your movement speed increases by 15'.
-You may, as a reaction to an enemy ending their movement next to you or moving away from you, move up to your speed. This provokes Attacks of Opportunity as normal, but any such attacks have disadvantage.
-You may, as a bonus action, move up to half your speed towards an enemy.

Matchless Athlete
At level fourteen, your move speed increases by an additional 5'. Also, you gain Expertise in Athletics, doubling your proficiency bonus for any Athletics checks. (If you already possess Expertise in Athletics, you may gain proficiency in another skill of your choice.)

Not wholly satisfied with this, but confident enough that I want to hear how to improve it and make it more fun.

Bobthewizard
2019-12-27, 02:46 PM
This is pretty cool. It would play like a monk/barbarian multi class in combat. Zinycor's opinion matters much more than mine. But I would recommend changing the level 10 ability so it can add with the level 3 one instead of replacing it. Maybe use the orc's aggressive feature as a base.

"At level 10, your walking speed increases by 5'. In addition, when you enter a rage or as a bonus action while you are raging, you can move up to your speed toward an enemy of your choice that you can see or hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you started."

Then he would have increased speed and could use both his reaction and bonus action for even more speed, but with the cost of giving up his other bonus action or reaction uses. If you like yours better that would still be fine with me if I were to play it, but as a player, I'd rather get a new ability at 10 than an improvement on a current ability.

JNAProductions
2019-12-27, 02:56 PM
Added that. What you said makes sense.

zinycor
2019-12-28, 01:38 PM
I like it, I'll make my character into a barbarian now.

Edit: I can't decide really xD. While I like this option, the ancestor's path is so good at tanking, which fits this character so good.... I think I will stick to my original plan.