PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Here's my random loot distribution

J-H
2019-12-27, 09:47 PM
I rolled on tables for a 6-person party, starting at level 3 and running to level 12.

The loot in the adventure was generated by rolling on the DMG tables. Loot was rolled on the different tables (A, B, C, etc.) based on some discussions about magic items per player per level, based on DMG recommendations. Custom items were inserted where they would be more interesting or appropriate, and items that fell outside of design goals for the adventure, such as the Cubic Gate or cursed weapons, were re-rolled. There are a few "extra" items in there from equipping bosses well, but the party has also successfully bypassed/overlooked several magical items in the adventure that are on this table but not in their hands.

Here's the breakdown of magic items by category that I ended up with. I have a couple of area bosses who used finesse weapons, but only one who uses a heavy weapon. Silver but otherwise non-magical weapons are excluded, as is mundane gear including several mundane full plate armors.
It's interesting how weaponry ended up so much more common than armor.

Light armor: 3
Medium armor: 4
Heavy armor: 2
Shield: 3
Returning weapon: 2 (1 finesse, 1 great)
Ranged weapon: 4
Ammunition, magic: 108
Finesse weapons: 9
Regular weapons (non-finesse/non-great): 12
Great weapons: 5
Amulets: 3
Rings: 7 (including 2 that are on a totally optional boss that may cause a TPK if they are stupid)
Healing potions: 17 (I feel like this is low)
Other potions: 18
Misc. Magic items: 55

Yes, 3 tomes is higher than normal.
Misc. minor items 10
Rod of the Pact Keeper +1 1
Spell Scrolls, all types 24
Pearl of Power 2
Circlet of Blasting 2
Luckstone 1
Ioun Stone, +2 CON 1
Bracers of Archery 1
Bracers, defense 1
Instrument of Bards, Doss Lute 1
Heart of the Wicked Tree 1 (custom item, poison vulnerability, +1 floating stat point, +1 2nd level spell slot, Attunement)
Helm of the Crescent Moon 1 (custom item, adds or boosts Darkvision, grants 1 superiority die and maneuver)
Wand, Spell 4
Tome, stat 3
Headband, intellect 1
Mirrored Helm 1
Ioun stone, mastery 1

If any of this looks super way-off for a typical party of six, I'd like to know.