PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Odd question

mehs
2019-12-27, 11:05 PM
My drow has a ring of sustenance, so he doesn't actually eat food, but for a battle, there was a bunch of undead besieging a building and my drow climbed a tree like a ****ing elf to be out of reach of them. After a couple rounds of taking potshots and gagging from being up a tree like an elf, my drow vomited onto one of the undead below. But as above stated, he doesn't eat anything. So there lies my question, What did he vomit?

Palanan
2019-12-27, 11:22 PM
Bile, of course.

hewhosaysfish
2019-12-28, 06:29 AM
Rubber vomit, like you'd buy in a joke store.

lylsyly
2019-12-28, 11:48 AM
His Drowness ;-) The very act of climbing a tree like a ****ing Elf. caused him to partially lose some of his Drow heritage. Reduce light sensitivity by one half. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2019-12-28, 08:52 PM
You can experience physical revulsion without anything coming out. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retching) I'd go with that.

Given that the ring bypasses your stomach, it stands to reason that your stomach is empty, but none of the psychosomatic alarm bells that would normally go along with that trigger, because magic.

AntiAuthority
2019-12-28, 09:16 PM
My drow has a ring of sustenance, so he doesn't actually eat food, but for a battle, there was a bunch of undead besieging a building and my drow climbed a tree like a ****ing elf to be out of reach of them. After a couple rounds of taking potshots and gagging from being up a tree like an elf, my drow vomited onto one of the undead below. But as above stated, he doesn't eat anything. So there lies my question, What did he vomit?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, why did he vomit exactly?

As for what your character vomited up... Pure magic?

mehs
2019-12-31, 01:41 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, why did he vomit exactly?

As for what your character vomited up... Pure magic?

He vomited from sheer revulsion of being up a tree like an elf.

Allanimal
2019-12-31, 05:46 AM
He vomited from sheer revulsion of being up a tree like an elf.

Wait, aren’t drow a sub race of elf?
Your drow is an elf.
Should be vomiting constantly.

Kol Korran
2019-12-31, 07:31 AM
Hi there. In case you wish to answer this seriously (Because of course that is the intent of the thread!)

I'm an actual doctor. Oh, the sheer amount of times that people told me they vomited so much, that they have nothing more to vomit, just before suddenly vomiting near, or on, me... (Last time was yesterday evening! Sigh, more pants to the cleaners...)

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, vomiting without any food intake. You'd vomit:
A. Water.
B. Stomach acid.
C. Possibly bile (lower down the intestinal tract. Usually if there is an obstruction)
D. If it has been going long enough, perhaps some blood due to the acid injuring your esophagus. (Takes quite a bit of vomiting).

Or in fantasy?
E. Fire, cold, lightning, acid and more... Son, it's we talked about who your REAL father is...

So, most likely, A+B.

Also, you're a disgrace to drows. Get off that tree and burn the forest!