PDA

View Full Version : Large area damage spells.

frogglesmash
2019-12-28, 04:04 AM
What are some of the damage spells that cover the largest areas? Off the top of my head I can think of Apocalypse from the Sky, and depending on who you talk to, the locate city bomb.

Anthrowhale
2019-12-28, 09:15 AM
What are some of the damage spells that cover the largest areas? Off the top of my head I can think of Apocalypse from the Sky, and depending on who you talk to, the locate city bomb.

Erupt is good here. Not as much area as AftS, but significantly more damage.

Blizzard is also interesting. It has no damage natively, but you can add that and since it's a spread it goes around corners. A Wounding Flash-Frost Blizzard is a good fumigation spell since so few creatures have native healing.

Braininthejar2
2019-12-28, 10:00 AM
Storm of vengeance is 360 feet radius. Rather weak, but it will clear all the unimportant npcs from the battlefield.

Sunburst is 80 foot radius.

Frostfell is a 20foot cube per level save or die that takes rocket tag to a new level.

Control weather and Fimbulwinter have very large areas - they aren't directly damaging, but narratively they can F&*^ up a whole county.

Jay R
2019-12-28, 04:49 PM
I recommend doing this by level. It doesn't teach me much to be shown that ninth level spells do more damage than cantrips.

What first level spells cover the most area? What second-level spells cover the most area?

[Better yet, what spells cover the most area at each caster level? The area of effect can go up with level.]

BlueWitch
2019-12-29, 12:13 PM
Only one I can think of is Fire Storm.

It's 2, 10ft. Cubes per level.

So at Lv. 16 = 320ft in any way you shape it.

Apacolypse from the Sky is one we've never touched.