PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me out with a Deific Obedience set up for Dranngvit?

Kvard51
2019-12-29, 12:34 AM
I'm thinking Evangelist would focus on the pursuit part of the portfolio. Movement spells/tracking/marking the quarry.

Exalted would be a nice mix of Pursuit and Vengeance. Debuff spells, additional movement (modes or speed), maybe Scent or something of the sort? Or a smite-like effect?

Sentinel is focused on Vengeance. Heavy debuff, damage multipliers, maybe an assist from another plane?

Obedience could be something like follow tracks in the wild or information tracking in the city? Maybe the boon could be a damage boost against someone who has done damage to you (or an ally) in the past 24 hrs?

I'd appreciate the help.

Psyren
2019-12-30, 12:23 AM
I like the idea of tying each of the Obedience classes to a different aspect of the deity's areas of concern; that should help you with picking out relevant SLAs for each one's first boon.

While Evangelist can advance any base class, a common theme seems to be that one (or more) of its boons has two options - one version that is helpful for one class in particular, and then a lesser option that can be used by characters of any other class (typically, but not always, a level-appropriate SLA.) For example Norgorber appears to favor his Evangelists being alchemists, while Irori of course favors monks and Erastil favors rangers. An ideal choice for Dranngvir's boons would be a class that is good at tracking, like Ranger, Hunter, or Slayer.

I think the smite effect you propose fits better with Sentinel and the planar assist (I would use a divination rather than a summon here) fits better with Exalted myself. I would also consider a boon that emulates a lesser version of her Bloodsworn Retribution spell, e.g. letting you damage yourself in order to gain bonuses against a particularly hated foe.