PDA

View Full Version : And God did look upon the world, and he did make November groovy

Jibar
2007-10-21, 01:49 AM
Then he went back to Counter Strike: Source, where he was performing miracles in game on the hostages, much to the consternation of his fellow terrorists.
Anyway.
November looks set to be hitting us with some of the big games of the year that we've all been waiting for.
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Super Mario Galaxy
Assassin's Creed
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Mass Effect
Edit: Rock Band
Of course, it makes it utterly horrible that it will take £200 to make sure you're properly stocked until Christmas. Thank God for my Birthday in that case.

Which of these gems, or other November treats that I've forgotten, are ya'll planning on picking up then?

Xefas
2007-10-21, 01:54 AM
The only game I can afford this November is crying myself to sleep :smallfrown:

Solo
2007-10-21, 02:00 AM
The only game I can afford this November is crying myself to sleep :smallfrown:

Boo frikkity hoo. Cry me a river, why don't you.

When I was your age, we didn't have crying, only sleeping.

And that's just when we were lucky. Sometimes we didn't have sleep either. We had to make do by pretending to sleep.

You have no idea how lucky you are.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-21, 02:05 AM
Assassin's Creed comes out in November?

Aw hell yeah.

^ And in my day we had to walk to the arcade (we didnt have these fancy computers back then) everyday, barefoot, uphill both ways in the snow...

InaVegt
2007-10-21, 02:31 AM
In my day we had to go to the village, 10 miles away, through the snow, uphill, both ways, just so we could play dice with another guy. There was no such thing as a 'computer', just as there was no such thing as electricity.

13_CBS
2007-10-21, 02:37 AM
Sadly, for those who do not own an Xbox, Assassin's Creed will be delayed till 2008.

:smallfrown:

Solo
2007-10-21, 02:56 AM
In my day we had to go to the village, 10 miles away, through the snow, uphill, both ways, just so we could play dice with another guy. There was no such thing as a 'computer', just as there was no such thing as electricity.

You had dice? All we had were sheep's knuckles.

Archonic Energy
2007-10-21, 03:55 AM
You had dice? All we had were sheep's knuckles.

Luxuary, we Dreamed of having sheep's knuckles we had to roll bits of our dead dog. and if our father caught us playing he used to beat us about the head with a broken bottle.

on a slightly more serious note, i'm looking forward to UT3 or GoW on the PC...

i really wanna play Mass effect, but i lack the required console. so i'm waiting for the enevitable PC port

Arang
2007-10-21, 06:11 AM
Luxuary, we Dreamed of having sheep's knuckles we had to roll bits of our dead dog. and if our father caught us playing he used to beat us about the head with a broken bottle.

on a slightly more serious note, i'm looking forward to UT3 or GoW on the PC...

i really wanna play Mass effect, but i lack the required console. so i'm waiting for the enevitable PC port

Your dog was dead? We had to carve our dog bits off our ferocious wolf dog, and we didn't even have knives! We had to use sticks.

This November almost makes me want a 360. Well, Christmas is coming up, so ...

Ranis
2007-10-21, 07:56 AM
Sadly, for those who do not own an Xbox, Assassin's Creed will be delayed till 2008.

:smallfrown:

Sounds like a very good time to buy an xbox! :)

Ronsian
2007-10-21, 08:24 AM
Pffft, back in my day, we didn't HAVE no games! We sat there staring at a wall, however, to get to the wall, we had to walk 5 miles uphill both ways in the snow! I dunno which game I'll get, Kane and Lynch looks like a cool multi player.

Tom_Violence
2007-10-21, 09:20 AM
This makes me think I ought to step up plans on Operation Convince My Friends And Loved Ones To Buy Me An Xbox For My Birthday.

Albub
2007-10-21, 11:11 AM
I had to walk three metres uphill through the snow to get to my dad's car, then we'd drive to the arcade and use quarters, none of those fancy tokens they have nowadays. And I'm currently investigating Super Mario Galaxy, and maybe GoW on PC, because it'll be so awesome to be able to use mouse and keyboard to play that game, no more high sensitivity for me!

Gaelbert
2007-10-21, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. I'm a huge fan of the series.

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-21, 04:59 PM
When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!

Also, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect FTW!!!!!!1!!!

Freelance Henchman
2007-10-21, 05:19 PM
And that's just when we were lucky. Sometimes we didn't have sleep either. We had to make do by pretending to sleep.

You have no idea how lucky you are.

Soft young punks. When *I* was young, pretending to sleep was a luxury. The best we managed was getting beaten into a stupor by strangers with mallets.

Tom_Violence
2007-10-21, 05:53 PM
Yeah? Well when I was young that bloody sketch hadn't even been done yet! :smalltongue:

2007-10-21, 06:47 PM
When I was a kid the only way to reach unconciousness was to cut your wrists open and bleed yourself out. And your blood had better clot after you went out but before you died, or that was that.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-21, 06:50 PM
You forgot Rock Band, Jibar. Gonna be EPIC!

ForzaFiori
2007-10-21, 07:02 PM

I'm gonna get my step-bro to buy this (he's the only person with a 360 in my family), then bring over 3 friends and play it without him.

just to make up for all the times he bragged about having that damn 360

Icewalker
2007-10-22, 12:40 AM
Wait, PC release of Assassin's Creed isn't in November???

Hrm...confusing. I was going to base my decision on whether to get a new computer on whether I can play Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. Does anybody know the system requirements for them? I can't find them anywhere if they are available.

Jibar
2007-10-22, 02:36 AM

Huh. Strange that I did come to think of it.
Rock Band isn't going to be one of those that I'll be picking up for sure like the rest of my list.
I dunno, Guitar Hero always looked cool to me, but I never really put much interest into acquiring it, and now Rock Band is here... it still doesn't grab me much.

Destro_Yersul
2007-10-22, 04:21 AM
When I was a kid the only way to reach unconciousness was to cut your wrists open and bleed yourself out. And your blood had better clot after you went out but before you died, or that was that.

You got to cut your wrists open? We had to smash ours open with rocks. And they weren't even pointed rocks!

Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, assuming my paycheck lets me get both.

Xefas
2007-10-22, 04:24 AM
Huh. Strange that I did come to think of it.
Rock Band isn't going to be one of those that I'll be picking up for sure like the rest of my list.
I dunno, Guitar Hero always looked cool to me, but I never really put much interest into acquiring it, and now Rock Band is here... it still doesn't grab me much.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I also assert that you should take a moment to reevaluate your opinion while taking into account my personal opinion, which is "Rock Band is gonna be totally awesome".

Has your opinion changed?

Jibar
2007-10-22, 04:37 AM
I'm not denying it's gonna be awesome.
I'm just saying, for some reason it doesn't really interest me.

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-22, 07:42 PM
Woot! all in time for my birthday to!i take no responsiblty to lies or mistruths in posts. or hurt feelings.
You are all lucky and soft!
In my day we didnt have rocks! they werent invented yet! we just sat around in the place where the earth was going to be! no white or black either.

Destro_Yersul
2007-10-22, 10:15 PM
You sat where the Earth was going to be? Lucky. We sat around in the future site of Alpha Centauri, and we liked it!

Raistlin1040
2007-10-22, 10:30 PM
I'm not denying it's gonna be awesome.
I'm just saying, for some reason it doesn't really interest me.

Meh. Whatever. It appeals to music buffs. I think it'll be awesome. You don't, that's cool. I still think it should be on your list though, just due to it's awesomeness.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2007-10-23, 05:53 PM
This November doesn't really have anything for me, but if Bethesda can keep a promise, I might have Fallout 3 this time next year.

Tom_Violence
2007-10-23, 08:10 PM
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I also assert that you should take a moment to reevaluate your opinion while taking into account my personal opinion, which is "Rock Band is gonna be totally awesome".

Has your opinion changed?

Yes, but only in the sense that I didn't previously have an opinion about you. :smalltongue:

Meh. Whatever. It appeals to music buffs. I think it'll be awesome. You don't, that's cool. I still think it should be on your list though, just due to it's awesomeness.

I disagree. Us music buffs have our own real instruments to play with. T'would be like handing a painter a copy of MS Paint and saying "But loook at theee awezome!!"

2007-10-23, 08:23 PM
You got to cut your wrists open? We had to smash ours open with rocks. And they weren't even pointed rocks!

Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, assuming my paycheck lets me get both.

We cut our wrists with the exposed and sharpened bones of our fingertips. Duh.

And I'll add Kane and Lynch to that list you threw up there, cash permitting.

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-25, 09:14 PM
I disagree. Us music buffs have our own real instruments to play with. T'would be like handing a painter a copy of MS Paint and saying "But loook at theee awezome!!"

Until they give me Trombone Hero, that is. :smallbiggrin:

Gaelbert
2007-10-25, 09:27 PM
Assuming Rock Band is going to be similar to Guitar Hero (I never actually heard what it was about), I think I'll pass. I have my own guitar I can rock out with, and Guitar Hero always seems different. I actually prefer playing Guitar Hero with the guitar held like a keyboard, parallel to the ground. It seems more interesting.

FoeHammer
2007-11-06, 05:35 PM
You sat where the Earth was going to be? Lucky. We sat around in the future site of Alpha Centauri, and we liked it!

You got to sit?! Back in my day we had to stand! On our heads!

Mass Effect and Assasins Creed are coming for PC? *Attacks piggy-bank*

Oeryn
2007-11-07, 12:14 PM
Assassin's Creed (which is NOT delayed, at least for PS3 and Xbox), and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Gonna be a good month.

RandomLogic
2007-11-07, 12:19 PM
I'm personally looking for Cod4, Crysis, NWN2:MotB, Assassin's Creed if it translates well to the PC, and Mass Effect (because we know this is coming to the PC).

There were a bunch of other ones I was looking out for, but now I seem to have forgotten the list. I thought it was much longer...

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-11-07, 09:15 PM
I'll be fine with NWN2: MotB for now, and I might look into The Witcher later. I'll admit I'm drooling over Mass Effect, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable PC release. It happened with Fable, it happened with Jade Empire, it'll happen with Mass Effect!:smallamused:

Alex Knight
2007-11-07, 11:27 PM
I'm picking up my PS3 copy of Assassin's Creed Monday afternoon (thank you GameStop!)

RandomLogic
2007-11-08, 09:49 AM
I'll be fine with NWN2: MotB for now, and I might look into The Witcher later. I'll admit I'm drooling over Mass Effect, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable PC release. It happened with Fable, it happened with Jade Empire, it'll happen with Mass Effect!:smallamused:

And KOTOR 1&2. So I'm not worried about it being Xbox exclusive.

hobbes543
2007-11-08, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy on Tuesday and I will probably also pick up Lego Star wars at some point when I have the money. As for future, Super Smash Brother's Brawl is on my list as well.

RTGoodman
2007-11-08, 02:58 PM
Games I want to get this month:

-Rock Band (the full version with all the instruments)
-Assassin's Creed
-Call of Duty 4
-FABLE 2! (I'm not sure how no one has mentioned that yet. Or has it been delayed and I didn't find out? I thought it was a Nov. 30 release...)
-I feel like there's another, but I can't remember it...

Also, just because you're a musician doesn't mean that you should put down Guitar Hero or those who play it. I play all sorts of instruments (albeit, not guitar), and I still think it's probably one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. If you play music, I can't imagine how you can't like a game that encourages you to get better at rhythms, counting time, and such, as well as letting you listen (and play!) all of the awesome songs on it.

EDIT: Apparently I'm dumb. Looking on Amazon, Fable 2 doesn't come out until November 30, 2008. Guess I've got another year...

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-09, 11:37 PM
Assassin's Creed > Everything else. But this is the biggest month for releases ever.