PDA

View Full Version : Essentials Kit / E6 project : need help

Islayre
2019-12-30, 01:55 AM
Hi guys !

I want to use the Essentials Kit as a out-of-the-box E6 game.
I will use feats from the PHB and the Xanatar's but i feel i will also need some Capstone Feats, to give players access to some level 7-10 classes features.

I need your help and advices for those Capstone Feats.

This is what i've done so far (this is a very rough start, i'm absolutely certain it needs tweaks and balance) :

Angelic voice
Prerequisite : Bard 6
- Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Your Bardic Inspiration die becomes a d10.
- Creatures who benefit from your Song of Rest feature now regain an extra 1d8 hit points (instead of 1d6).

Champion of faith
Prerequisite : Cleric 6
- Increase your Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 radiant damage to the target.
- When an undead fails its saving throw against your Turn Undead feature, the creature is now instantly destroyed if its challenge rating is 1 or lower.

Indomitable
Prerequisite : Fighter 6
- Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You can reroll a saving throw that you fail. If you do so, you must use the new roll, and you can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- When using your Second Wind feature, add 4 to your fighter level.

Living artillery
Prerequisite : Wizard 6, School of Evocation
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You can add your Intelligence modifier to one damage roll of any wizard evocation spell you cast.
- When you cast a wizard spell of 1st or 2nd level that deals damage, you can deal maximum damage with that spell. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

Shadow dancer
Prerequisite : Rogue 6
- Increase your Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
- You have advantage on a Dexterity (Stealth) check if you move no more than half your speed on the same turn.

I'm struggling with the Transmutation school capstone.
I also feel two more feats are needed : one generic for a +4 proficiency bonus and one caster feat for level 4 spell slots.

What do you think ? :)

SpawnOfMorbo
2019-12-30, 02:10 AM
Hi guys !

I want to use the Essentials Kit as a out-of-the-box E6 game.
I will use feats from the PHB and the Xanatar's but i feel i will also need some Capstone Feats, to give players access to some level 7-10 classes features.

I need your help and advices for those Capstone Feats.

This is what i've done so far (this is a very rough start, i'm absolutely certain it needs tweaks and balance) :

I'm struggling with the Transmutation school capstone.
I also feel two more feats are needed : one generic for a +4 proficiency bonus and one caster feat for level 4 spell slots.

What do you think ? :)

I wouldn't do subclass specific capstone feats for the wizard.

Expanded Arcana

+1 Int
Double Prof with Arcana checks.
When using Arcane Recovery, your level is treated as 2 (or 4, your call) higher.

stoutstien
2019-12-30, 10:54 AM
I'm working on a epic 10 system myself.

Static ability boost are a nice catch all for everyone.

The concept of signature spells is solid.

Divine intervention needs to be reworked. I just made it automatic and limited to a select list of spell depending on domain. It keeps the 7-Day recharge.

Giving fighters three attacks at level 10 works well

CheddarChampion
2019-12-30, 11:07 AM
+1 proficiency as a feat seems too good to me.

For 4th level spells, perhaps they learn a single 4th level spell and can cast it once every 3 long rests?
Or perhaps they get a single 4th level spell slot but it takes them 3 extra actions to cast (for a total of 4 actions over 4 rounds)?