PDA

View Full Version : Antagonist build idea.

Hunterx
2019-12-31, 07:45 AM
I need some assistance with building a BBE for a game. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Arcane Hierophnt that has gone mad and is out in the forest just playing waist to everything that moves. Some unusual ways to get there would make the story line so much better. Not sure how the familier companion works for BAB if it ties off the caster like a familier but if it does, something like Hexblade/Druid or is there away to single class into AH ? Trying to keep it as close to the books as possible? So players can not complain in any way. Thanks for your assistance.

liquidformat
2019-12-31, 10:47 AM
So take another read through Familiar companion class feature it is pretty clear how it works, you get hd from your effective druid level and only get int and special abilities from your arcane levels. You could actually use Southern Magician feat from races of faerun if you want to single class enter as a druid though doing so does mean you don't have any actual arcane spell power...

I would actually suggest going with a Blighter for this Antagonist it better fits the concept. Take a look at Villainous Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?605444-Villainous-Competition-XXXV-I-Shall-Call-Him-Mini-Me!) they have a lot of cool bad guys in there and even some blighters along with other Villains.

Hunterx
2019-12-31, 12:20 PM
So take another read through Familiar companion class feature it is pretty clear how it works, you get hd from your effective druid level and only get int and special abilities from your arcane levels. You could actually use Southern Magician feat from races of faerun if you want to single class enter as a druid though doing so does mean you don't have any actual arcane spell power...

I would actually suggest going with a Blighter for this Antagonist it better fits the concept. Take a look at Villainous Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?605444-Villainous-Competition-XXXV-I-Shall-Call-Him-Mini-Me!) they have a lot of cool bad guys in there and even some blighters along with other Villains.

Thanks: Looked at blighter, but himmed and haaed than thought what if I made them killing everything that moves by having the plants do the dirty work that is where the AH came into play with the channeling plants. That is why I was looking at the hexblade but they do not get 2nd level spells till 8 which is bad bad bad.

liquidformat
2019-12-31, 01:48 PM
Hmm check out Talontar Blightlord and Holt Warden they might be interesting choices if you want to attack people with plants.

An interesting entry choice if you want to AH is Druid/Bard/Green Whisperer (https://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/greenwhisperer.shtml), Green Whisperer increases both bard and druid casting and is very easy to enter, though it is a dragon mag prc.

If you really want to abuse things if you take the Greensinger Initiate feat and enter Green Whisperer as a straight druid you still get bard spell casting due to the way the prc is stated but don't get any of the bardic music abilities from the class. Plus side you can enter AH without loosing any druid casting...