PDA

View Full Version : Player Help help with bettering cleric level for turning

Thac0 Redeye
2019-12-31, 04:56 PM
hello all
i'm creating a new cross class chara with cleric. (Cleric2/Warmage1/Mystic Theurge10) I am looking for any feats/items/etc to improve the cleric level for turning.

most books allowed also drg mag but no ebberon.

thanks

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-12-31, 06:49 PM
With so few cleric levels you shouldn’t even bother. Take a feat that spends those turning uses to get some other effect. Divine feats and devotion feats can be pretty good. Travel Devotion, along with Law and Earth Devotion are some of the best from that set. Divine Metamagic, Divine Spell Power, etc. are worth considering as well. There’s even a few Illumian runewords that spend turning uses.

magic9mushroom
2020-01-01, 02:59 AM
hello all
i'm creating a new cross class chara with cleric. (Cleric2/Warmage1/Mystic Theurge10) I am looking for any feats/items/etc to improve the cleric level for turning.

most books allowed also drg mag but no ebberon.

thanks

Biffoniacus_Furiou is correct; turning (or rather rebuking) is only good with basically all the levels intact and some boosting.

But for the sake of completeness, the Phylactery of Undead Turning from DMG gives +4, the Scepter of the Netherworld from Libris Mortis gives +3, the Rod of the Dead from Forgotten Realms: Underdark gives +4, the Sacred property from BoED (armour or shield) gives +2, and the feat Improved Turning gives +1.

You can't wield the Scepter of the Netherworld and the Rod of the Dead at the same time, unfortunately. The Scepter is a lot cheaper, but the Rod is stronger and can cast Animate Dead without a material component.

Biggus
2020-01-02, 12:03 AM
There's also the Ephod of Authority (Magic Item Compendium p.215) for +1, the Divine Energy Focus feat (Ghostwalk p.30) which gives +2 for the purposes of whether you destroy or command only, the spell Light of Wisdom (Complete Champion p.124) for +1/3 of your caster level and the Talisman of Undead Mastery (Magic Item Compendium p.188) which gives +2 to +4, 1 to 3 times per day. Also of course there are lots of ways to boost your turning check. You can get up to a decent turning level with only one Cleric level, but you're going to have to spend a lot of resources to even be mediocre at it.