PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other A Truly Evil Spell: Stone Passage

Altrunchen
2019-12-31, 11:23 PM
So the world of Dungeons and Dragons is full of magic and mystery. And inevitably, people found horrifying uses for that magic. From stealing souls, to fusing people's flesh together into blobs reminiscent of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, to mind-controlling people into thinking Rebecca Black's Friday was a good song. But what about stuff that is truly, wholly, terrifyingly evil? What if you just want to hit a character in their most vulnerable of places? What if you just want to make a person do nothing but suffer for hours on end? What if you want to make even Archdevils from the Nine Hells cringe?

My friends, I give to you: Stone Passage.

Stone Passage
Conjuration [Water, Earth]
Level: Clr 7, Drd 7, Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Target: One living creature
Duration: Instantaneous; See text
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; See text
Spell Resistance: Yes

You conjure up a mass of salt and minerals inside of a living target's urinary tract and force it to pass the stone immediately. After pointing your finger at a very unlucky living creature, a mass of salts and minerals is formed in the target creature's urinary tract. Moments later, the mass begins to force its way out of the target's urinary tract at a rate of one quarter inch per hour, traveling a total distance of approximately 8" for humanoid males or approximately 2" for humanoid females. Failure on a fortitude saving throw results in the process causing massive amounts of pain and damage. This terrible, unenviable pain in the target manifests as several effects that the subject suffers every turn until the stone is passed out of their urinary tract:

1d6 nonlethal damage per caster level per turn (maximum of 20d6).
The target is exhausted.
2d4 piercing and slashing damage to the target creature's urinary tract every turn.
1d6 bleeding damage every turn.
Wracked with enough pain to cause the creature to at least be stunned.

Even if the creature passes the fortitude saving throw, they will still be forced to pass a stone in a mundane way and will still be subjected to all the pain and torment that implies. That torment just won't be magically enhanced.

Material Component: A pinch of salt and a jagged pebble.

Source (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Stone_Passage_(3.5e_Spell))

LichMan13
2020-01-01, 12:40 AM
Such an abomination should never be unleashed upon any creature mortal or otherwise. Well sign me up, unleashing untold horrors upon my enemies is right up my alley!

noob
2020-01-01, 06:13 AM
So the world of Dungeons and Dragons is full of magic and mystery. And inevitably, people found horrifying uses for that magic. From stealing souls, to fusing people's flesh together into blobs reminiscent of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, to mind-controlling people into thinking Rebecca Black's Friday was a good song. But what about stuff that is truly, wholly, terrifyingly evil? What if you just want to hit a character in their most vulnerable of places? What if you just want to make a person do nothing but suffer for hours on end? What if you want to make even Archdevils from the Nine Hells cringe?

Stone Passage

You conjure up a mass of salt and minerals inside of a living target's urinary tract and force it to pass the stone immediately. After pointing your finger at a very unlucky living creature, a mass of salts and minerals is formed in the target creature's urinary tract. Moments later, the mass begins to force its way out of the target's urinary tract at a rate of one quarter inch per hour, traveling a total distance of approximately 8" for humanoid males or approximately 2" for humanoid females. Failure on a fortitude saving throw results in the process causing massive amounts of pain and damage. This terrible, unenviable pain in the target manifests as several effects that the subject suffers every turn until the stone is passed out of their urinary tract:

The target is exhausted.
2d4 piercing and slashing damage to the target creature's urinary tract every turn.

Even if the creature passes the fortitude saving throw, they will still be forced to pass a stone in a mundane way and will still be subjected to all the pain and torment that implies. That torment just won't be magically enhanced.

Does it works on creatures without the needed anatomy?(ex: you cast that on a gelatinous cube)
Also a big problem with that spell is that the pain lasts at most a bunch of turns for most people due to the bleeding damage thus making it way less efficient at torture than other longer lasting ways to inflict pain.
I suggest you send the wizard who created this spell back to evil wizarding school in order to create a new variant that does not kills fast: how did that wizard even score enough points to validate their year?
Unless it is one of those schools where just killing a lot is enough to validate.
I mean the necrotic tumour line of spells seems probably way more horrible due to how many of them can leave you alive and in horrid conditions.
Try losing half of your organs to necrotic corruption and know that the necrotic organs are just here to harm you but that if you get rid of them you will die too.
Nothing specify you can not lose organs you seemingly care about to necrotic tumours.

Guy Lombard-O
2020-01-07, 11:36 AM

Stone Passage

The target is exhausted.

Sorry that happened! :smalleek: Not fun.

Sergeantbrother
2020-01-07, 04:49 PM
The distances are too short, the primary pain is caused moving through the ureter not the urethra, which is 10+ inches long for both sexes. I would make the damage less if it’s going to last so long, damage by the hour and not by the turn, otherwise being affected is certain death for anything.

Vaern
2020-01-07, 05:15 PM
1d6 nonlethal damage per caster level, 2d4 piercing and slashing, 1d6 bleeding, exhausted, and stunned each round...
At 1/4 inch per hour, the effect of the spell lasts 8-32 hours. That's 4800 rounds for a female target, or 19200 rounds for a male target. That seems a bit excessive.
But on the other have, 7th level for what amounts to a save-or-die spell isn't terribly outrageous.

BerzerkerUnit
2020-01-07, 09:12 PM
I thought this was going to be a spell that makes a trap cave that collapses on the targets inside.