PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How do I get a bunch of sneak attack die really quickly.

SangoProduction
2020-01-02, 04:56 AM
Spheres of Power has a really crummy archetype for (unchained) rogue, which lets them "steal time." Which sounds freaking awesome. And then you see that you need 5 sneak attack die (normally not accessible until level 10) just to steal a real action. And it has a will save based on Cha and 1/2 rogue level. So multiclassing hurts your DC substantially. That said, it's only taking the place of 1 talent. So, while it's going to be a damned long while until you have something resembling the archetype it's going for, it's not actively hurting you that much.

So, anyway, on to the main topic. How do I increase my number of sneak attack dice as fast as possible, with the fewest levels as I can?

1 sneak attack die - Attack of opportunity. The time thief steals 1 attack of opportunity from her opponent and increases the number of attacks of opportunity she can make by 1 until the start of her next turn.
3 sneak attack dice - Swift or immediate action. The time thief steals her opponent’s swift action and may use an extra swift action on her turn, or an additional immediate action before the start of her next turn.
5 sneak attack dice - Move action. The time thief steals her opponent’s move action and may use an extra move action on her turn.
7 sneak attack dice - Standard action. The time thief steals her opponent’s standard action and may use an extra standard action on her turn.
10 sneak attack dice - Full round action. The time thief steals her opponent’s standard and move actions, and may use an extra standard action and move action on her turn.

RatElemental
2020-01-02, 05:08 AM
The Improved Sneak Attack feat from the rokugan setting just straight up adds one die, but you need to have 8 already to get it.

A dip of invisible blade will give you +1d6. A level of Ninja will give the same. A level of Swordsage for assassin's stance will give you +2d6 while in the stance. Sneak attack fighter will give another die, as will Assassin.

Side note, i have no experience at all with spheres of power so I don't kow if anything I just said will even work with it.

Draconi Redfir
2020-01-02, 05:32 AM
i thought the Goblin favored class bonus gave an extra die to sneak attack, but i think i was thinking of the "Accomplished sneak attacker" feat, which won't work, as that's a feat used to keep your sneak attack up when you're not taking levels in a sneak-attack class.

what i did find was the "Precise strike" (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/precise-strike-combat-teamwork/) teamwork feat, which will add 1d6 to sneak attack when you're flanking someone with an ally who also has that feat. A cohort or animal companion maybe?

Biggus
2020-01-02, 05:35 AM
Lots of ideas here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?155273-Sneak-Attack-Classes

Also, Rogue's Vest from the MiC.

Firest Kathon
2020-01-02, 10:59 AM
If you specifically want to get around the missing sneak attack dice from multiclassing, the Accomplished Sneak Attacker (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/accomplished-sneak-attacker/) feat allows you to catch up a little bit.

exelsisxax
2020-01-02, 02:45 PM
The most SA you can have is 1/2 dice ahead of rogue by going rogue->assassin at certain levels. There is no faster progression. If you aren't already on rogue progression, you're basically out of luck.

Biggus
2020-01-02, 03:00 PM
The most SA you can have is 1/2 dice ahead of rogue by going rogue->assassin at certain levels. There is no faster progression. If you aren't already on rogue progression, you're basically out of luck.

Not true, unless this was changed in SoP. In 3.5 there are several prestige classes which give SA at 1st level, allowing you to get +1d6/level for several levels if you can meet the prerequisites, and that's before you get into Assassin's Stance, Hunter's Eye and Rogue's Vest.

exelsisxax
2020-01-02, 03:05 PM
Not true, unless this was changed in SoP. In 3.5 there are several prestige classes which give SA at 1st level, allowing you to get +1d6/level for several levels if you can meet the prerequisites, and that's before you get into Assassin's Stance, Hunter's Eye and Rogue's Vest.

This is about pathfinder, so none of those exist(except assassin).