PDA

View Full Version : Help with homebrew otherworldly patron

TheClaimer
2020-01-03, 01:30 PM
So I'm working on a character that has a custom patron. He's a Dwarven forge cleric who worships hanseath (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hanseath). He is going to have a single level of warlock as he was gifted power from hanseath directly. Working on a patron as hanseath. I only need the level one bennies worked out.

From what I've seen at level one patrons typically provide 2 benifits, 2 spells, and sometimes profeciencies or cantrips.

This is what I have so far:

Gains access the shellelagh and thaumaturgy cantirps.

Gifted a magical booze recepticle that can take the shape of any drinking device (goblet, jug, flask, ect) and is able to poor an unlimited amount of booze that tastes like the drinkers preferred alcohol and also counts as food. Receptical can be summoned or dismissed at will, similar to the pact blade.

I am looking for two thematic spells to add to the spell list, one combat one not, and a second feature that is combat related. Preferably something more barbarian themed that provides a consistent use for reactions.

What are yalls thoughts?

Garfunion
2020-01-03, 05:07 PM
Generally warlock patrons are not gods. I suggest we create a patron that is a bit more general in their aspect.

Patron of Libations
Not much is known about this patron, for when anyone tries to remember meeting him/her their memory is extremely fuzzy on the matter.
Those brewmasters seeking to create the perfect brew, come upon and make pacts with the patron. Others accidentally make a pact with this patron after consuming one too many beverages. Regardless of how you made a pact with this patron, you are rewards with the following features.

Signature Brew
You gain proficiency in brewer’s tools if you’re not already. If you cast create or destroy water spell to create water and have brewer’s tools in hand, you can instead create your signature brew. The alcohol in this brew is not poisonous but it can still inebriate. Creatures who drink this brew gain the same benefit as if they consumed water.

Mini-Keg of Nourishment
Once after a long rest, as an action you can conjure a mini-keg containing your signature brew. This mini-keg contain up to 10 servings of brew. A creature can use its action to drink one serving of this brew. Drinking restores 1 hit point, and the brew provides enough nourishment to sustain a creature for a day.
The keg and any unconsumed brew disappears after 24 hours.

Noxious Brew
You may burp or throw a noxious version of your signature brew. You learn acid splash and poison spray cantrips. These cantrips do not go against the number of cantrips you know.

Expanded spell list
1st level ——burning hands, create or destroy water

Invocation
Mug of Libations
You may use your action to summon your signature mug in your free hand. The mug remains in existence until you use a free action to dismiss it or you use this invocation again. The mug if used as a weapon, is treated as an improvised weapon that you are proficient in dealing 1d8 bludgeoning damage. If you have pact of the blade class feature, you may also treat this mug as a pact weapon.