PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Has More Weapons And Aresnal Than D&D 3.5

Bartmanhomer
2020-01-03, 08:11 PM
I notice that Pathfinder has more weapons and arsenal than D&D 3.5. There some weapons that Pathfinder got which D&D 3.5 lacks like guns for example. And also some weapons which were very interesting like different types Kobold Tail and other weapons that I'm unfamiliar of. Wow, Pathfinder weapons are way better than D&D 3.5. :smile:

Buufreak
2020-01-03, 08:29 PM
3.5 has guns. Check your DMG.

martixy
2020-01-03, 09:00 PM
I use this reference:
http://rodriguezvaughn.com/geekspeak/index.php?topic=133.0

So if it's true, it's not by much.

stack
2020-01-03, 09:09 PM
Both are cluttered with weapons that are trivially different from each other, redundant, or otherwise useless, so the exact count isn't terribly interesting.

ShurikVch
2020-01-04, 04:10 AM
3.5 has guns. Check your DMG.Also, "The Way of the Gun" article in Dragon #321, Dwarven Firearms in "Greyhawk 2000" (Dragon #277), and "Firearms In Freeport" article in Dragon Annual 6

Crake
2020-01-04, 06:04 AM
The issue is that pathfinder's stuff is all readily accessible and in the one place with the SRD, while 3.5's stuff is spread across a tonne of books. However, when I was working on a system to create interesting, nonmagical loot for an e6 game, I did compile what I believe to be a complete list of weapons that 3.5 has to offer, and let me tell you, it's quite long.

A loooottt of them are exotic weapons though, and I've been splitting them up into regions. Been thinking about making the regional exotic weapons martial weapons for those originating from those kinds of regions.

That said, the fact really is, they both have the exact same arsenal, because all the weapons are backward and forward compatible, so there's no reason not to just use material from both pf and 3.5, doubly so now that pf1 is legacy content, you're not going to be getting any more material, so you may as well start adding 3.5 material to your collection.