PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing attack bonus!

Max Caysey
2020-01-04, 11:06 PM
So... how high can a level 20 human fighter with elite array, with no templates, with unlimited money, but no epic items get its total attack bonus with a blade?

Im stuck at +46. How high can it get?

Cheers! 👍

Particle_Man
2020-01-04, 11:14 PM
How did you get +46?

Buufreak
2020-01-04, 11:25 PM
How did you get +46?

This. Tell us what you already got, and we'll tell you what you missed.

Biggus
2020-01-04, 11:26 PM
These may help:

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=176.0

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?144321-3-5-Comprehensive-list-of-way-to-augment-attack-roll

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?134446-3-5-Person_Man-s-Guide-to-Optimizing-To-Hit

But before we can give specific advice, we need to know what you've got already...

magic9mushroom
2020-01-05, 12:35 AM
So... how high can a level 20 human fighter with elite array, with no templates, with unlimited money, but no epic items get its total attack bonus with a blade?

Arbitrarily high, via Festering Anger giving unbounded Strength.

Arbitrarily high, via Manipulate Form (a.k.a. Pun-Pun).

Infinite, via Masochism (a.k.a. Omniscificer; it also boosts attack rolls).

Attack roll skipped entirely (auto-hit), via custom intelligent item of at-will Limited Wish (costs 317k but is technically not epic). Works once per round per such item.

martixy
2020-01-05, 02:48 AM
Look in my sig.

Also curious about the +46.

Max Caysey
2020-01-05, 05:44 AM
How did you get +46?

This. Tell us what you already got, and we'll tell you what you missed.

Also curious about the +46.

Ok here goes:

Base attack +20
Str +12
Weapon Focus +1
Improved Weapon Focus +1
Weapon Mastery +2
Weapon Enchantment +5
Aptitude Enchantment +1
Pale Green Prism +5
Total= +47

I realize now that technically the Ioun Stone costs more than 200k, thus going into the realm of being an epic item, but what I mean by the "no epic items" were more of the idea of no epic enchantments, like no +10 enchantment to weapon or +12 stat items and stuff like that... But yeah thats what I got. So what did I miss besides the epic cheese?

And thanks for the replies!

Cheers!

RatElemental
2020-01-05, 06:02 AM
Dip 1 level of duskblade for access to true strike, I guess?

Or just get a custom item of it.

Asmotherion
2020-01-05, 08:55 AM
the more cheese you allow, the higher you can get. It's not unusual at level 20 to see a Cleric or Wizard with about +60 or more and resolve everything as touch attacks. With custom items to replicate spells you can get the same for a fighter.

Biggus
2020-01-05, 09:48 AM
Ok here goes:

Base attack +20
Str +12
Weapon Focus +1
Improved Weapon Focus +1
Weapon Mastery +2
Weapon Enchantment +5
Aptitude Enchantment +1
Pale Green Prism +5
Total= +47

I realize now that technically the Ioun Stone costs more than 200k, thus going into the realm of being an epic item, but what I mean by the "no epic items" were more of the idea of no epic enchantments, like no +10 enchantment to weapon or +12 stat items and stuff like that... But yeah thats what I got. So what did I miss besides the epic cheese?

And thanks for the replies!

Cheers!

How've you got a +12 Strength bonus using the elite array?

Are you interested in temporary bonuses or only always-on ones?

Are custom items available?

magic9mushroom
2020-01-05, 09:56 AM

Orc with 14 or 15 = 18 or 19
+5 level
+5 inherent
+6 enhancement
= 34 or 35.

Biggus
2020-01-05, 10:18 AM
Knowledge Devotion is definitely one to look at, it gives the Fighter something to do with their otherwise largely useless skill points.

Orc with 14 or 15 = 18 or 19
+5 level
+5 inherent
+6 enhancement
= 34 or 35.

The OP specified human.

Max Caysey
2020-01-05, 08:19 PM

Are you interested in temporary bonuses or only always-on ones?

Are custom items available?

You are absolutely right! For some reason I seemed to remember that elite array had 18 as its max stat... my mistake!

With that in mind I’ll reduce my max with 2 to +45

Custom magic items are always available, and temporary bonuses are fine!

Cheers!

Biggus
2020-01-05, 11:42 PM
You are absolutely right! For some reason I seemed to remember that elite array had 18 as its max stat... my mistake!

With that in mind I’ll reduce my max with 2 to +45

Custom magic items are always available, and temporary bonuses are fine!

Cheers!

OK, in that case, you want constant custom items of Divine Favor (CL9 for +3 luck), Greater Heroism (+4 morale), Haste (+1 untyped), Aura of Vitality (+2 from +4 moral bonus to Str), Greater Visage of the Deity (+2 from +4 untyped bonus to Str), Righteous Fury (+2 from +4 Sacred bonus to Str) and at-will custom items of Superior Invisibility (+2 against anyone without True Seeing or special senses, and they lose their Dex bonus to AC) and Giant Size (+8 from +32 enhancement bonus to Str but -8 from colossal size).

If your DM is extremely tolerant of cheese, a constant item of Moment of Prescience for +25 insight.

Also: Clawed Arm (+2 from +4 untyped bonus to Str, but is fiendish so probably not usable in conjunction with Righteous Fury), Clockwork Armor (+2 from +4 circumstance bonus to Str), Silthilar Muscles (+1 from +2 untyped bonus to Str) and Warp Touch (+1 from +2 deformity bonus to Str, requires very good luck or a way to get multiple rerolls though).

For temporary bonuses, the drugs Rhul (+2 from +4 alchemical bonus to Str) and Chiff (+2 from +4 untyped bonus to Str).

See the first link in my previous post for references for the obscure strength bonuses.

magic9mushroom
2020-01-06, 05:09 AM
The OP specified human.

True, I forgot.

I'm not entirely sure why everyone seems to be ignoring my first post in the thread, but eh.

Buufreak
2020-01-06, 09:54 AM
True, I forgot.

I'm not entirely sure why everyone seems to be ignoring my first post in the thread, but eh.

So what did I miss besides the epic cheese?

I believe this sentence is the answer you seek.