PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spells for a Spite Domain?

Palanan
2020-01-05, 03:44 PM
I could use suggestions for spells that would work in a Spite Domain, which is relevant to one of the deities in my homebrew campaign.

Spite (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spite/) seems like an obvious choice, but I could use ideas for spells at other levels. I’m open to all official 3.5 and Paizo material. Anything spiteful, petty, or cruel would be appropriate here. What are some fitting spells?

Clementx
2020-01-05, 03:54 PM
Bestow curse, contagion or blindness/deafness seem like good ones for lvl3. Magic jar for lvl6. The various glyph, trap, and symbol spells are also thematic for laying traps to get vengeance. Definitely lots more arcane spell lists with punishing, sadistic spells on them.

Kurald Galain
2020-01-05, 04:07 PM
Screech. Shatter. Hollow Heroism. Compulsive Liar. Conditional Curse / conditional Favor. Curse of the Outcast. Deadman's Contingency. Illusion of Treachery. Treacherous Teleport.

Thurbane
2020-01-05, 05:03 PM
Don't know how well this translates to PF, but here is the spite domain from Heroes of Horror:

Spite Domain

Granted Power: Sympathetic strike. You can force opponents to take damage they have dealt you. Once per day, you can make a melee touch attack on the target, and deal damage equal to the damage the target dealt to you in the last round, to a maximum of 5 hp per divine caster level you possess.

Spite Domain Spells

1 Bestow Wound: Transfer 1 hp/level of wounds to another.
2 Rage: Gain +2 to Str and Con, +1 on Will saves, –2 to AC.
3 Vampiric Touch: Touch deals 1d6/two levels in damage; you gain damage as hp.
4 Pronouncement of Fate: Impose a –4 penalty on an offender’s attacks, damage, saves, and checks; target loses actions.
5 Fire in the Blood: Your blood becomes a potent corrosive that burns attackers.
6 Cloak of Hate: Target provokes hostile reactions, takes –10 penalty to Diplomacy checks.
7 Pact of Return: If you die as you predict, you are resurrected instantly.
8 Mantle of Pure Spite: Gain a cumulative DR 1/— and a cumulative +1 bonus on attacks, damage, and AC each time a foe strikes you.
9 Imprison Soul: Traps soul in a small object; target takes 1d4 Con damage/day.