PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Opinions on campaign endgame needed

Jarmen4u
2020-01-07, 03:40 PM
Hey playground,

I'm running a campaign in Eberron right now, mostly using the modules like Forgotten Forge, Shadow of the Last War, etc. to introduce some new players to D&D. They're getting the hang of it, and I'm trying to plan out an endgame for them. Right now, the modules have them working for a Cannith lady, helping her retrieve schemas which are possibly related for warforged or whatever else House Cannith was working on before the end of the war/Mourning.

I haven't read through the later modules, though I'm assuming they lead up to a confrontation with the Lord of Blades. If not, I'll probably work that in.

Here's the thing though: I found (and stole) a really good idea as to the cause/truth behind the Mournland from an older forum thread (since it's never explained in canon), detailed below(Carlos if you're reading this stop now):

All of Cyre is in a sort of time-accelerated phase/pocket plane, and after a short time they will return with a century of scientific progress to steamroll over the other houses and make all of Khorvaire their domain.

So I have two endgames sort of planned, but I'm not sure how I should have it go. Either the LoB as a BBEG, with the C****** invasion happening afterwards as a "oh you thought you won" sort of second wave of bad, or (and this is completely out of left field but idk) if the invasion happens at the same time as the LoB assault, and the Lord of Blades possibly allies with the organics to stop the new enemy?

I know it's a bit cliché, but I wanted to see what other people thought of the idea first.