PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help talking my way out of trouble: Dragonhiest Spoilers abound

nickl_2000
2020-01-08, 08:35 AM
We are nearing the end of a Dragonheist campaign with some 3rd party and homebrew stuff added in, since I'm not the DM and haven't played it before I have absolutely no idea if this is officially or not.

We are tracking down the Stone of Golorr currently, we have tracked it through Thrakkus the Butcher to Cuddle's Meat Pies. When we got to the meat pies store, someone bolted over the roofs and we gave chase. After some lucky rolls by us, unlucky rolls by her, and a casting of Mind Spike. We were able to catch her in the theater. In the theater we attracted a whole lot of attention from the people there, causing someone to go get the watch. We have laid down some groundwork that she is a Zhent with the people already.

The runner is currently knocked out in the snow outside, where we ended for the night. Next session will start with us explaining to the watch why we were attacking someone in the city streets. Technically the girl has done nothing directly wrong.

Resources Available:

Grey Hand Token - advantage on social interaction with the watch
Cleric 1/Wizard 3 with 1 level 1 spell left
Noble Born Paladin (Hawkwinter family) with high charisma and expertise in Persuasion. Also friends with much of the Watch, but no spells left though. He doesn't flaunt his noble status though, he is more a man of the people.
Haughty elven monk with a good rep, but no social skills
Mastermind rogue with knowledge of bureaucracy.
The whole party has been through a lot this adventuring day. We are likely looking pretty beat up at the moment.

I'm the Paladin and the face of the party (NG Oath of Heroism). So, I'm likely the one who is best set up to persuade the guards not to arrest us. Additionally, it would be helpful to be able to get time to interrogate her to she what she did with the Stone of Golorr during the chase.

I'm at a loss as a player how I'm going to talk my way out of this situation. I don't even know how to start explaining why there are 4 of us attacking a woman on the open streets (and in a public theater). So, I could really, really use help from the hive mind here. Anything you could give me to work with would be great!

ProsecutorGodot
2020-01-08, 12:37 PM
If she really is a zhent then it likely won't be very difficult to convince them it was justified.

Use the grey hand token and tell them the truth.

nickl_2000
2020-01-08, 05:51 PM
If she really is a zhent then it likely won't be very difficult to convince them it was justified.

Use the grey hand token and tell them the truth.

She’s got the Zheng tattoo, so it’s a pretty safe bet