PDA

View Full Version : Kiss of the Vampire cheese!

Segev
2020-01-09, 02:16 AM
The spell says: “You are treated as if you were undead for the purpose of all spells and effects,” amongst its other effects.

If you could keep it active during the entire procedure, does this mean you qualify as undead for purposes of being spell stitched?

Kalkra
2020-01-09, 11:06 AM
People who are allergic to cheese will probably say that applying a template is neither a spell or an effect.

I'd say that would really hurt.

Segev
2020-01-09, 11:12 AM
People who are allergic to cheese will probably say that applying a template is neither a spell or an effect.

I'd say that would really hurt.

Agreed on both counts. Not sure if "effect" is that well defined, but it certainly is on the cheesy side.

You know what is a spell and has an effect? Haunt shift. I was actually thinking about it for another (very cheesy) purpose - shoving skeletons or zombies into weapons with moving parts, or without if the undead has enough HD, to make them give Aid Another actions on use of the weapons - but it occurs to me that a person under the effects of kiss of the vampire would also be viable targets. :smallcool:

Malphegor
2020-01-09, 11:48 AM
... What happens when they're no longer viable for the second spell?

Segev
2020-01-09, 11:56 AM
... What happens when they're no longer viable for the second spell?

It's instantaneous. So...you're still a haunting presence.

Kalkra
2020-01-09, 01:34 PM
Agreed on both counts. Not sure if "effect" is that well defined, but it certainly is on the cheesy side.

You know what is a spell and has an effect? Haunt shift. I was actually thinking about it for another (very cheesy) purpose - shoving skeletons or zombies into weapons with moving parts, or without if the undead has enough HD, to make them give Aid Another actions on use of the weapons - but it occurs to me that a person under the effects of kiss of the vampire would also be viable targets. :smallcool:

The 9 HD limit kinda hurts, considering Kiss of the Vampire is a 7th-level spell. That being said, possessing some kinda vehicle (presumably one with lots of spikes attached) would be really cool.

Also, I'm not sure what the parameters of a location are, but if you can get by with a 5'x5' patch of dirt, you could possess that, and find some way to move it around. (Greater Floating Disks, maybe?)

Kaiwen
2020-01-11, 01:23 PM
It's instantaneous. So...you're still a haunting presence.

What about noninstant spells? Say, a fell energy extract gift (duration: permanent)?

Segev
2020-01-12, 02:30 AM
What about noninstant spells? Say, a fell energy extract gift (duration: permanent)?

Harder to say. I’ve heard arguments both ways about whether validity of target is checked only once or is constantly required.