PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Map Insert

CornfedCommando
2020-01-09, 10:23 PM
Question for those of you who have purchased Eberron: Rising from the Last War. Did you have any issues removing the map from the back of the book? I did. Mine was glued to the binding. As careful as I could be, the damn thing still tore coming out. Like, totally destroyed. Amazon is replacing it, but was this just a fluke on my part or is this thing virtually impossible to remove intact?

Zhorn
2020-01-09, 11:12 PM
I'm staring at my map right now, still snugly attached to the back of the book.

I'm far too terrified of potentially tearing it, and will leave it in there until I have an Eberron game locked in.
The perforation for where it is meant to be torn out seems too light to act as a reliable guide.

When I do eventually remove the map, it will be with a razor sharp scalpel and will be done very slowly :smalleek:

CornfedCommando
2020-01-09, 11:13 PM
Oh, don’t worry; the perforation works beautifully. Only mine was on the side facing the opening. Which, as I think about, makes me believe there was a manufacturing error, because that perforation served no purpose as it was.

Tectorman
2020-01-10, 08:16 AM
Mine only needed to be detached at the perforation (so, functioning as designed), though I do recall that I used a box cutter knife along the perforation because it had seemed like it was going to tear otherwise.

Millstone85
2020-01-10, 08:21 AM
Mine detached just fine, though I was confused by the design (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?603327-Help-an-idiot-unfold-the-map-in-Eberron-RftLW).