PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Please critique My Build (Cross-Bow) Overwatch Style + Vital Strike (Pathfinder)

Nosta
2020-01-10, 09:20 AM
How can I Improve this build with out completely changing the Direction of the build

Race - Human (The Build needs lots of feats and so human Seemed best) [FCB +1 Skill per level]
Classes = Bolt Ace x1 + Crossbowman (Fighter) X (Once more For this build I need as many feats as I can)

HP ( Have not rolled yet)

1 human? Rapid Reload
1 Point blank Shot
2 F1 Precise shot
3 F2 Rapid shot
3 Crossbow mastery
5 F4 weapon focus
5 Overwatch style
7 Vital strike
7 F6 Overwatch tactician
9 F8 Devastating strike
9 ?????
11 F10 Improved Vital Strike
11 Overwatch Vortex

Back-Ground Traits
(1) ????
(2) ????

I did Take The maverick Archetype on top of bolt Ace for Stack deck deed (this is more for flavor and character back-ground

Kaiwen
2020-01-10, 06:12 PM
Instead of taking weapon focus, you can use an opalescent white pyramid ioun stone in a wayfinder. If you have it for a consecutive 24 hours, it's considered permanent and can satisfy prereqs. However, if it's stolen or sundered, you do lose the feat, as well as the feats it's a prereq for.

Devastating strike is literally +4 damage, +6 at most, and is not worth a feat. You'd get more out of Deadly Aim.

How attached are you to crossbows? Firearms are similar, and 3 levels in musket master gunslinger saves you Crossbow Mastery and its 3 prereqs. It does depend on if "the direction of the build" is Overwatch + Vital Strike or Overwatch + Vital Strike + Crossbows.

Training weapons are a good source of extra combat feats. Anything that isn't a prereq can go on a weapon, so that means Crossbow Mastery, Devastating Strike (if you want to keep it), Overwatch Vortex, and Improved Vital Strike (if you're not going for Greater VS later). If you need weapons to put it on, consider a spiked gauntlet, cestus, or armor spikes. You can also use this to pick up minor feats you wouldn't spend feats on otherwise, like Agile Maneuvers, Aquatic Combatant, Barroom Brawler, etc.
(If this many minor magic weapons is a strain on your resources, you can be flavorful and make them all +1 transformative training crossbow bolts for 360.1 gp each.) (The flavor in question may or may not be cheese.)

In addition to this, you probably want some size increasers to get bigger damage dice to multiply. Alternatively, or maybe in conjunction with that, you can wield oversized weapons at a -2 penalty/size difference.

El Dorado
2020-01-10, 08:40 PM
Definitely recommend squeezing in Deadly Aim and Improved Precise Shot.