PDA

View Full Version : My brother composed a "bard's song" for one of the campaigns I ran

Magic Myrmidon
2020-01-10, 12:38 PM
It was for a Christmas present. Considering he wasn't in the game, I'd say he did a shockingly good job of putting together lyrics for the characters. And the music itself is really impressive too. I asked each of the players what instrument represented their character, and my brother managed to work it all together in a way that sounds good. Even better, the party had a bard NPC friend who used a clarinet, and it features pretty prominently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/184jGchvsfgSJHHFjMW1X141_FPMzNcz_/view?fbclid=IwAR0CfzE8XzFpYP-VbjAUBXHLgwHG0XQEvkmhOpbjLULx6dMgZtYZY8GcZrQ

I know this is tacky, but since this is such an awesome gift, I figure I might as well link his Spotify too. It's not the same style as this by any means, but I think his Lowlight album is really good.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/6ljMLPVJ244LcDwjKlxwSz

When the World, it's breath was less than clear
Our heroes marched on without fear
The bravest souls we've ever known
I'll sing of you today

A regent in an ancient land
His flesh is gone but he still stands
When axe is thrown with rattling bone
Donovan has saved the day

A werewolf makes you run and hide
But he has tamed the beast inside
With collar popped and bodies dropped
Zeke has saved the day

A curious man that refuses to die
As vampire, shark, machine survives
With aura intense and speed immense
Leland has saved the day

The famed Hunter of beasts did fight
His skill unmatched and luck undried
His bolts flew true (and socks good as new)
Grimdark has saved the day

The brightest fire lights up the night
Born an elf, now flame burns inside
Ryul was harsh, as Phase agents are
Nonetheless, he saved the day

And once inside the planets core
The factions four erupted in war
Our heroes five escaped alive
So that we may greet the day

Lord Lemming
2020-01-10, 07:14 PM
I like it. Not the sort of thing that I'd put on my playlist, but quite good for what it is. Better than the bard songs we get in Skyrim at any rate. :smallbiggrin:

My only real criticism is that the general mood of the music doesn't quite fit the wacky nature of the adventurers it's describing...

Magic Myrmidon
2020-01-11, 11:22 PM
Thanks for taking a listen! Cool thatthe game and song has touched outside of our circle, in even a small way.

Yeah, this was a zany group, concept wise. But believe it or not, the campaign was played mostly straight. At least, as straight as DnD games tend to be played. :P Even had a romance subplot.

GrayDeath
2020-01-12, 04:21 PM
Well, he caught the "classic to a fault music very well.

Interesting counterpoint, given how straight he sings about such....different adventures. ^^