PDA

View Full Version : Haley's Look in #324... *Spoilers, Maybe..*

Seeker
2007-10-21, 03:30 PM
When the Magic Mouth tells them about the 'dangers' of the Oracle, in the second to last panel, it talks about two things: One, if you are taking a potion of remove disease more then once a month, you shouldn't see the Oracle, and two: If you are nursing, pregnant, or might become pregnant, you shouldn't see the Oracle.

Now, we can see that Haley has the typical ':smalleek:' look on her face. Normally, this portrays fear or surprise. Now, unless she is taking potions of remove disease that we haven't seen in the comic... Haley might just be nursing, pregnant, or afraid that she may become pregnant.

Belkar, Roy, and Elan don't have the look on their face, Elan has the confusion look on his face. So what's going on?

Morty
2007-10-21, 03:33 PM
She's a woman. Becoming pregnant is certainly a possibility for her, sooner or later.
But I don't think that her ":smalleek:" look is anything more than astonishment about what is the magic mouth saying.

tahu88810
2007-10-21, 03:33 PM
Nothing is going on.

The Magic-Mouth just happens to be going a bit to far for their comfort zone.

Or atleast thats how I saw it.

Emperor Ing
2007-10-21, 03:36 PM
I think its more of an "OMIGAWD WTF?!?" Look.

Besides, this threads been done b4.

Spiky
2007-10-21, 03:42 PM
She's an active woman. Becoming pregnant is certainly a possibility for her, sooner or later.

Fixed. Definitely a possibiilty.

David Argall
2007-10-21, 11:13 PM
Well, there is a difference here, but I doubt it really means much. While Haley is eager enough to "bump uglies" with Elan, we have no evidence she has been after anybody else. So she presumably knows her chance of being or becoming pregnant is rather nil at that time. Possibly this is just because the comments were female directed and that got her attention. Notably, when the comments became male directed, Roy reacts.

dragongirl13
2007-10-22, 08:05 PM
Explanations for the Look:

She knows that she might end up with Elan and may become pregnant as a result.

She is a woman and becoming pregnant is always a possibility if she has... well, you know what. And if you don't know what, you are lucky.

She is thinking, "Is this normal behavior for a Magic Mouth?!?!?"

Why she is Not Nursing:

If she was nursing, we would have seen the baby and we would probably know the baby's dad.

Why she is Not Pregnant:

She is entirely devoted to Elan and would never be with anyone else.

She has not had a boyfriend since before she entered the Order and that was presumably more than nine months ago.

If she was pregnant when she joined the OotS, it would be pretty obvious by now.