PDA

View Full Version : Making a "dragon"

Jack_McSnatch
2020-01-10, 07:09 PM
I'm helping a friend make a villain for a campaign, the idea being he's a human attempting to "become a dragon." He is gestalt, and I'm going with level 11 dragonfire adept/psychic warrior. The game is low-mid op, so I don't need anything too crazy to challenge our party. He's got improved dragon wings, dragon tail, powerful build, and more importantly metabreath feats.

So far, his one big trick is to use expansion to hit size gargantuan and use quickened tempest breath to produce hurricane force winds. He can produce claws, damage reduction, natural armor, and energy resistance with psychic warrior powers. I was looking at more stuff like that. Can you take tail sweep as a feat? He can tail slap right now, but being able to affect an area would be nice. Spell resistance would also be handy, but I can't think of many ways to get it above 5+HD.

one more thing, magic items are heavily restricted. It sounds like the dm would prefer it if he had none, but I'm going to try and convince him to give the guy a couple.

magic9mushroom
2020-01-10, 07:17 PM
I'd suggest Dragon Disciple, particularly the 3.0 one. Alternatively, there's Athasian Dragon, but that's an epic PrC which sounds a little higher-leveled than what you want.

Hellpyre
2020-01-10, 10:05 PM
1 level shy of qualifying for Dragon Wild Shape or I would recommend that. Have you considered adding in the false sensory input power to make people perceive the character as a dragon? Or else I'd say look at the previous suggestion of Dragon Disicple or even throw in a Savage Progression for Half-Dragon or the racial classes in Dragon Magazine issue 332 (chromatic) or issue 320 (metallic)

Ruethgar
2020-01-11, 01:17 PM
There are the rituals in Savage Species, he could be trying to find sacrifices to subsume the cost. Dragonblood subtype association for if you want a lower magic feel of building up to it, or another to become a reflavored Silverbrow. He could also be researching the Dragonspawn ritual and testing it on others til he thinks he has it right for himself. Or the rite of rebirth by slaughtering untold numbers of Dragonborn to fuel his research. Or maybe he found a way to get to the place where the 4E Dragonborn came from and he's stealing and torturing them. He can also, of course just take the Draconic or Half-Dragon classes.