PDA

View Full Version : Dircetion Please

Hunterx
2020-01-10, 11:09 PM
So after my Wizard died I decided to make a Goliath Druid. The druid has the ACF of the Avenger which gives me the Rage ability and speed but i lose animal companion and spon casting.

So the Druid I made was a semi cross ability druid, I took power attack, frost berzerker improved unarmed strike, than at level three i had Grennbound casting ( but the DM said that was to OP and told me to pick another, this from the same DM that was going to send 5 dire wolves after 2lv 4 and 1 lv 3. So i took augment summoning instead. Now I am planning on working to the Frost rager but i would love to be able to cast spells while raging, any idea?
thanks

Biggus
2020-01-11, 12:02 AM
than at level three i had Grennbound casting ( but the DM said that was to OP and told me to pick another, this from the same DM that was going to send 5 dire wolves after 2lv 4 and 1 lv 3. So i took augment summoning instead.

To be fair, Greenbound Summoning is blatantly overpowered, it's probably one of the five most commonly banned feats in the whole of 3E. It was originally meant to be a +2 spell slot metamagic feat by it's designer, but it some how didn't make it into print that way.

Five dire wolves are a pretty overwhelming challenge for those characters though.

Now I am planning on working to the Frost rager but i would love to be able to cast spells while raging, any idea?
thanks

The only option I know of is the Rage Casting feat (Dragon #310) which allows quickened spells to be cast while raging.

jdizzlean
2020-01-11, 01:48 AM
there is also the rage mage PRC (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20031116a&page=7), but w/ druid entry it could be rough. perhaps your dm would switch it from arcane to divine. i think that class is in a book somewhere, but ii don't remember where either.

another fun option if you're going to retain any summoning is ashbound summoning feat. it doubles the duration, and gives a +3 luck bonus iirc to attack.

be sure to check out eggy's guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook) if you need druid inspiration