PDA

View Full Version : what can i do with ring of free action

Joe dirt
2020-01-10, 11:16 PM
ring of free action ... While you wear this ring, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement. In addition, magic can neither reduce your speed nor cause you to be paralyzed or restrained.

i am currently playing a wizard, is there some spells that i can combo with this item to give me superior maneuverability? I know about the web spell, if you cast web you make difficult terrain and you normally have a chance to be restrained, is there other spells that would combo well with this item?

thanks

J-H
2020-01-10, 11:34 PM
Many of the battlefield control spells this would apply to are Druid-based. This also gives you immunity to Hold Person and a few other things, so it's still a nice item. I would rate it as slightly better for melee characters though, as they are the ones who are most likely to need to cross difficult terrain to get at the enemy.

NecessaryWeevil
2020-01-12, 01:05 AM
I would rate it as slightly better for melee characters though, as they are the ones who are most likely to need to cross difficult terrain to get at the enemy.

Yeah, if you're a primary caster and you need to drop a battlefield control spell right at your own feet, something has gone seriously wrong.

Slipperychicken
2020-01-12, 04:56 AM
Hand it to your fighter. He needs it more than you do.

Maybe drop web over a group of enemies, then let your fighter walk right up and hit them while they're restrained?