PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on a character build: the "dry-der"

Jackaccount
2020-01-11, 08:54 PM
Can anyone give me some feedback on a build I've been working on? Suggestions, how good they'd be in actual gameplay, stuff like that. (The name is a pun on it being both a dry lich and a drider.)

Race: Deepwyrm half drow

Alignment: chaotic evil

Classes: 1 cleric, 3 aberrant or drow paragon, 10 walker in the waste,* 6 impure prince.

Feats: heat endurance, symbiont mastery, bane of infidels, extra favored enemy (aberrant), verminfriend, unspeakable vow, vow of the spider queen.

Thought process: I was messing around, trying to make a character composed almost entirely of prestige classes with as many templates as possible. I found 3 prestige classes that grant templates, the dragon devotee, walker in the waste, and dragon disciple. The only feat I found was vow of the spider queen, which turns you into a drider if you fail to uphold it. The vow of the spider queen feat requires that you be a drow who can cast rebuke undead. I don't know of any spontaneous arcane spellcasters who get that so I went with the dry lich template from walker in the waste.

To qualify for these classes/feats I made my character a Deepwyrm half drow so that I can take vow of the spider queen without the level adjustment that full drow have. The deepwyrm variety of half drow get more milage out of the drow paragon. I also made them a cleric for the first level to get rebuke undead for the aforementioned feat, as well as the domains to qualify for walker in the waste.

The only "prestige" classes I could find that were available for the second level without an inordinate amount of cheese were the racial paragons. Aberrant paragon is probably the best since it gets 2 ability boost instead of one, but if your GM is a stickler for driders needing to be humanoid or the Dragon Below not having the right domains then drow paragon is almost as good. You can take Walker in The Waste immediately after that. Having taken 1 level of cleric and finished the racial paragon classes as well as walker in the waste I have 6 levels remaining. There is exactly one 6 level prestige class that I know I can qualify for, the impure prince. I don't have enough levels of cleric to qualify for scourge maiden and escalation mage is an arcane caster, I don't know of any others.

Finally to get these abilities and classes I need to take several feats. Heat endurance for walker in the waste, symbiont mastery, bane of infidels and extra favored enemy (abberations), for impure prince, and finally verminfriend, unspeakable vow, and vow of the spider queen to become a drider. If I did my math right you should be able to take every single one of these feats, no more, no less.