PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this? [Faerie Dragon + Eldritch Guardian + Polymorph Any Object] Idea

BlueWitch
2020-01-11, 10:28 PM
Basically, if you take the Eldritch Guardian Archetype, your Familiar gets to use your Combat Feats.

Improved Familiar can get you a Faerie Dragon.

Now Polymorph Any Object let's you turn something into something else and depending on how closely related they are, it can be much longer duration.

-------

So my player wants to turn his Faerie Dragon into a Half-Dragon (other Half being Human, so they go from Tiny to Medium Size Category) .
Under Polymorph Any Object that would make it "Same Type" as it's Dragon and "Same Intelligence" and possibly "Related"

------------

Tl:dr

Is this doable without breaking any rules? It would get you an extra fighter essentially. And this is going to be a Gestalt build so, there's that too.

The biggest thing I'm iffy on is the Faerie Dragon to Half-Dragon part.
And also, how viable this would be.

Raishoiken
2020-01-12, 07:21 AM
Idk about Pathfinder but polymorph any object doesn't let you turn into things that have templates, so they wouldn't be able to turn anything into a half dragon

BlueWitch
2020-01-12, 01:47 PM
Idk about Pathfinder but polymorph any object doesn't let you turn into things that have templates, so they wouldn't be able to turn anything into a half dragon

My computer won't let me load PFSRD, so I can't check for a difference. But if that is true, then I guess that's too bad. :P

Eldonauran
2020-01-12, 10:54 PM
It's not an issue with the Spell but the entire polymorph subschool of Magic.

... Polymorph spells cannot be used to assume the form of a creature with a template or an advanced version of a creature.

If the Spell you use allows for explicit exception in the text, sure. But Polymorph Any Object (and the other spells it references) does not.