PDA

View Full Version : Water elemental mech?

claypigeons
2020-01-12, 06:48 PM
I remember reading about a way to wear a water elemental basically as a mech suit.

However, I can't remember the details, and my Google-fu and the search function are failing me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hellpyre
2020-01-12, 07:13 PM
Do you remember the system, at least? Maybe it was something with dominate and Arseplomancy?

claypigeons
2020-01-12, 07:25 PM
D&D 3.5, as it used eberron material and the reserve feat Summon Elemental for an infinite supply of elementals.

Thurbane
2020-01-12, 07:39 PM
Well, a suit of made of Thaalud Stone Armor Riverine (if allowed) is made of compressed elemental water, and was jokingly referred to as mecha armor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=24259425&postcount=3) in a thread a little while back, but I suspect that's not what you're looking for.

Magic of Eberron has a lot of elemental related stuff...lets have a look...

Maybe the Elemental Binding section? It talks about binding an elemental to an item. You could bind it to Clockwork Armor (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a) or something similar?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-01-12, 08:02 PM
Sounds similar to the Astral Construct Power Armor trick, but good luck getting an actual DM to allow anything of the sort. The idea is to have a mobile effect that completely blocks line of effect to your character, basically making them invulnerable. You'd probably need a Necklace of Adaptation or similar to do it.

Asmotherion
2020-01-12, 08:21 PM
Nothing Sugests an Elemental can't wear armor. Thus a cheap golem-like creature.You could use an elemental as a power source for mechanical power; Have them rotate a single gear by creating pressure, and you got yourself an engine.Generally from this point on, you just need to theorise the actual parts of a machine; great if you're an engineer.

SimonMoon6
2020-01-12, 10:03 PM
How about:

Step One: Be a fish.
Step Two: Swim into a water elemental.

Psyren
2020-01-13, 01:15 AM
I know you said 3.5, but Pathfinder has rules for crafting constructs as power armor - find one that's made of water in either edition and you should be good to go. (I only found one made of ice myself, not liquid water, but if you don't care about the state then that should work.)

Esquire
2020-01-13, 01:32 AM
How about:

I mean, if we just insert 'be a sufficiently charismatic fish,' then this works by RAW, right?

Psyren
2020-01-13, 02:22 AM
Technically water elementals are corporeal, so occupying their space isn't allowed unless they're using an ability like whirlpool.

TheTeaMustFlow
2020-01-13, 03:43 AM
This sounds fairly close to the 7th level feature of the Elemental Scion of Zilargo, a prestige class from Magic of Eberron. Said feature allows them to temporarily merge with an elemental, and if it is killed you reemerge unharmed - however, you do not have access to any of your own abilities while doing so, so it's of dubious value as anything other than a emergency protective measure.

Aegis013
2020-01-14, 11:45 AM
This sounds fairly close to the 7th level feature of the Elemental Scion of Zilargo, a prestige class from Magic of Eberron. Said feature allows them to temporarily merge with an elemental, and if it is killed you reemerge unharmed - however, you do not have access to any of your own abilities while doing so, so it's of dubious value as anything other than a emergency protective measure.

I came in to the thread to offer this as well. It can be pretty decent in a low-mid op game where the rest of your build is focused on something like rage optimization, since temporary benefits like spells, rage, frenzy transfer to the elemental.

Elemental Scion of Zilargo and Bear Warrior together turns you into a nigh unkillable water bear.

Hellpyre
2020-01-14, 12:11 PM
And really, if a water bear isn't nigh-unkillable, something has gone drastically wrong.

Thurbane
2020-01-14, 04:03 PM
How about:

So...as per my new sig...

https://pics.me.me/druid-can-i-summon-a-shark-inside-the-water-elemental-25353992.pngThanks to Gaming Geeks Etc.

Can this actually happen, or do the rules about two creatures occupying the same space make it impossible?

If so, I'm going to homebrew a template. Maybe a variation of Hivenest? :smalltongue:

Cheers - T

Endarire
2020-01-17, 02:26 AM
Now I'm thinking water elemental jacuzzi.