PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making a Kingsman

Techcaliber
2020-01-13, 12:52 AM
Hi. I recently saw Kingsman: The Secret Service, as well as the Golden Circle for the first time (I'm a little behind, but eh) and afterward I really wanted to make a character that just that: a Kingsman.

So my question is this: what class/classes do you think would best fit the idea of a Kingsman? I don't care about race unless it is a prereq. for a class that you suggest.

Thanks for your help!

Firest Kathon
2020-01-13, 10:51 AM
Not sure about the exact class (maybe a Stalker (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/stalker)), but I would expect at least some levels of an initiator class (3.5: Tome of Battle, PF: Path of War) in there. Gunslinger would also fit the theme.

Techcaliber
2020-01-13, 12:40 PM
Not sure about the exact class (maybe a Stalker (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/stalker)), but I would expect at least some levels of an initiator class (3.5: Tome of Battle, PF: Path of War) in there. Gunslinger would also fit the theme.

Thanks for the reply. I can't find the initiator in Tome fo Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. Am I looking in the wrong book?

EDIT: I just found it. I was looking for a class, not a term. :smallbiggrin:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-01-13, 01:13 PM
Factotum is the default answer for something like this, unless you had a specific mechanic in mind.

2020-01-13, 01:15 PM
For making a "skilled at most things" build, I generally default to either Factotum or Bard taking Bardic Knack.

Firest Kathon
2020-01-13, 05:06 PM
For Pathfinder an Investigator is probably also a good choice, covering skills and tools (alchemy), but lacking in the combat prowess exhibited by the Kingsmen.

EDIT: I just played around and made an Alchemist (Inspired Alchemist) 2 / Stalker (Vigilante) 5 which gets some nice numbers, including Dex-to-damage and to combat maneuvers, Inspiration (from Vigilante + Extra when drinking the Cognatogen) on many skills, +12 on those skills with max rank, Full maneuver progression (from Practiced Initiator trait) etc. Unfortunately Hero Lab crashed before I saved it, so no stat block, sorry :smallfrown:. Not an optimized character by any rate, but seems to catch the idea quite well.

RatElemental
2020-01-13, 05:18 PM
For Pathfinder an Investigator is probably also a good choice, covering skills and tools (alchemy), but lacking in the combat prowess exhibited by the Kingsmen.

When it comes to pathfinder I think I'd want to work gunslinger in there somewhere. Probably with both the maverick and pistolero archetypes. Or maybe mysterious stranger instead of pistolero for the charisma to grit instead of wisdom.