PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Prana Ghosts in Golarion?

Palanan
2020-01-14, 08:48 PM
The prana ghost is one of my favorite entries from the Occult Bestiary, essentially Obi-Wan Kenobi in template form.

With so much flavor and potential, I’d think these would be featured somewhere in Golarion lore. Are there any references to prana ghosts in any other Paizo publications? Did they ever show up in Golarion? And if not, is there anywhere in that setting they’d be especially likely to be found?

Efrate
2020-01-15, 09:41 AM
None jump out to me, but any place with a lot of Akashic users (Akashic Mysteries dreamscarred press 3pp) seems to fit. The caliphate that includes the city of Wati and those environs seems like a good fit. Ancient egypt analog is a good place to put users of older powers than magic, especially if they wete ousted by god pharoh Nepthys pre ascension. I do not believe I recall anything in the lore 1pp though, though my pf lore is spotty at best.

Palanan
2020-01-16, 04:07 PM
Okay, thanks. Sounds like Paizo never incorporated them into the setting, which is a shame.

Ninjaxenomorph
2020-01-17, 12:27 AM
They were in an Inner Sea book, which means they were part of the setting, just never actually elaborated on. I adore prana ghosts as well (mostly as something to point at alongside stuff like loci spirits when people say "its a Good ghost!"), and I wish they appeared in a module somewhere.

Psyren
2020-01-17, 03:16 AM
Most likely they show up in an psychic/occult-heavy area like Vudra. Just because the authors didn't show explicit dots on a map doesn't mean there aren't areas they're expected or likely to show up.

Palanan
2020-01-17, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph
I adore prana ghosts as well (mostly as something to point at alongside stuff like loci spirits when people say "its a Good ghost!"), and I wish they appeared in a module somewhere.

The second chapter of the Tyrant’s Grasp AP, “Eulogy for Roslar’s Coffer,” would have been a perfect spot for one, but instead there was some other weirdness.

Originally Posted by Psyren
Just because the authors didn't show explicit dots on a map doesn't mean there aren't areas they're expected or likely to show up.

Sure, but I mainly wanted to see if there was a locality or region which had been developed with prana ghosts as an integral part of the story for that area. Sadly it doesn’t look like it.

Kris Moonhand
2020-01-17, 10:02 PM
They're my go-to for the ghosts of Monks. I'd say put 'em wherever there's a lot of Monks: Tian Xia, Vudra, Jalmeray, etc.