carrdrivesyou
2020-01-16, 03:22 PM
Looking for ideas for a few boons for my players. They are:
Fighter/Bard
Paladin
Shepherd Druid
Shadow Monk
Gloom Stalker Ranger

Not really liking the "base" options. What can you come up with Playground?

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-01-16, 03:30 PM
The best answer will be something that hits on them personally.

I had a random thought of Double Concentration for the spell casters. Then a Legendary Action. Are those already on the list?

CheddarChampion
2020-01-16, 04:32 PM
Maybe enhance their class abilities?
Indomitable lets you reroll with advantage for example?

Sigreid
2020-01-16, 04:32 PM
A use of legendary resistance for the fighter would be awesome.

Flashkannon
2020-01-16, 04:39 PM
You could always offer them a 1.5 ASI; maybe coupled with an increased limit to which those abilities can be increased, like 22 or 24.

Alternatively, you can offer them this: from a campaign I'm in, +1 reaction action per +3 to dex they have
(as in, someone with 16 dex would have 2 reaction actions, someone with 22 dex would have 3)

Ideally, what you're looking for is something that breaks the rules of the game in a small but personally useful way. I trend towards action economy changes, maybe two concentration slots for spellcasters or expertise on a save.

Grognerd
2020-01-16, 05:25 PM
I've used Class Features and/or Subclass Features. So a Fighter might use his Epic Boon to get the Barbarian's Unarmored Defense feature, or use his epic boon to take a feature from one of the Fighter subclasses that he didn't select. Any Class Features acquired this way require they be taken in order and with the lower level features as prereqs, so you can't just jump to a level 6 class feature without expending five boons on lower features. Similarly, subclass features need to be taken in order, though obviously they have fewer ranks to progress through.

Renvir
2020-01-16, 10:27 PM
Fighter/Bard - Once per short or long rest you can maximize an inspiration dice roll. Or once per short or long rest if you hit a creature with a weapon attack you can choose to have your next weapon attack against that creature hit without rolling (not able to crit on free hit)

Paladin - Add a different paladin subclasses aura to your own aura. Or once per long or short rest you maximize the damage from your smite dice.

Shepherd Druid - Increase wildshape cr by 1. Or choose a druid cantrip that has a casting time of 1 action. That cantrip is now a bonus action.

Shadow Monk - Once per short or long rest you can teleport to any point large enough for you character to fit in that is completely in shadow. You must have seen the point since your last long rest. If it's no longer in shadow the teleport fails. Or you regain 1 ki point on critical hits.

Gloom Stalker Ranger - For 1 minute your Umbral Sight also grants truesight. Once per short or long rest. Or gain THP equal to your ranger level whenever you reduce a creature to 0 hit points that is under the effect of your hunter's mark.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-01-16, 10:47 PM
I mean....... boon of immortality is my personal favourite.... mechnically meh but like.... I like it.

Neon_Avenger
2020-01-17, 10:50 AM
My go to idea for epic boons is to let PCs buy class and subclass features.

For example, The fighter / bard could pick up fighter abilities they didn’t get the level for.

da newt
2020-01-17, 11:14 AM
I'd look at existing spells, magical items, and other class features that you can make character abilities.

permanent Spider Climbing
permanent Enlarge
robe of eyes
duplicity

or go weird - a third arm (spectral, magical, or real flesh and bone)

JackPhoenix
2020-01-17, 07:16 PM
Don't look at the classes, look at the characters. Who are they? What are their goals, personalities, even the entire character concepts? "Fighter/bard" tells exactly nothing about what would be fitting for the character in question.